Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to convert an outlook meeting shown in the Meetings tab to a Teams meeting

It would be nice to have the ability to convert an outlook meeting shown in the Meetings tab to a Teams meeting

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent users from joining a meeting

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. hold space button to unmute microphone

When in a voice/video conference, it's convenient to mute your microphone so that you don't transmit too much unwanted background sound.

it would be nice if you could temporarily unmute yourself by holding down the spacebar button (in a push to talk style).

this way you will only need to unmute yourself for the duration required for you to talk.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow hide/collapse command meeting bar

During a meeting or a call, it could be allowed to hide/collapse the command bar where it contains those commands like video, mute, add participants even when moving the mouse on normal screen. Today this bar is only hidden when you do not move the mouse.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it running.

242 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Join a meeting without going through the browser

Notify Teams meeting invitation emails in Outlook.
    Click on the meeting URL in the invitation email.
    At this time, the browser starts and opens the desktop client.
    Operation via this browser is inconvenient.
    I want to join the meeting with a desktop client without going through the browser.

236 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce that all meeting join entry points have been addressed in Outlook for Windows and Mac.
    - For customers keeping current on the monthly release channel, this update has been released.
    - Customers keeping current on the semi-annual release channel for Outlook will get this this Summer, with a gradual roll out scheduled to begin in mid-July.

10. Applause

Now that we're having sprint reviews over Teams across the office, there's not much applause for working demos and great features we've pushed, mostly out of courtesy. It'd be good to have a button/key that triggers applause during a call/meeting, similar to how the feature works in Nintendo Entertainment System: Nintendo Switch Online.

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow channel meeting organizers to prevent participants from adding new participants

Currently, any participant in a team channel meeting can invite other users to join the meeting by adding them directly (if the meeting is in progress and the new invited are internal) or by sending them the link to the planned or on-going meeting via chat or email, even to external users.
    Every participant has this ability, regardless if she/he has the role of "participant" or "presenter".
    None is notified about new participants added to the meeting and none has the evidence about who has added who.
    There are contexts, such as the classes’ teams in the schools, where only…

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage default Teams Video layout

We should be able to manage how incoming video is displayed to meeting participants. Currently the default view is fill frame, which is poor to use, especially with meeting rooms with people being cut off and the camera panning back and forth. We should be able to choose at a tenant level that the video should fit the frame, rather than telling all of our users that they need to right click the video, and change it manually.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

226 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Requests regarding the Q&A pane in Teams Live event

I would like you to add a feature that disables the Ask anonymously option shown in Ask a question of the Q&A pane in Teams Live event.
    Also, I need a feature that displays the Q&A pane as full screen.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meetings sent out from a Shared mailbox

Hello,

I noticed that when I create a MS Teams meeting on behalf of a shared mailbox it doesn't pre-populate the conference toll number or conference ID # to enable the invitees to call in and join the meeting through audio, they can only join in to view a presentation. It only prepopulates when the invite is sent out from my personal email. A lot of my colleagues don't have laptops/computer with built in microphone so we have to settle with being able to call into a meeting to get the audio experience

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams meeting - lock the meeting

The meeting host should have the possibility to look/anlock a meeting, so that no one additional can join the meeting after it is looked. Excample: in a director meeting I'm invited to present a special topic. Then, I have to leave and the meeting host can lock the meeting so that I cant't join again. Otherwise I could join and maybe eavesdrop .

207 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show meeting full screen

When double clicking the screen for the meeting, it should toggle the full screen mode

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base