Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invite optional attendees

In outlook you can declare mandatory participants and optional participants. In Teams I cannot tag participants as optional. All become automagically mandatory.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to invite non-team members to a channel meeting

When scheduling a channel meeting, we can only invite team members, no one else. We need to be able to invite other people (non-team members), as well as conference rooms. None of our team or the other groups we have piloting this tool can schedule a conference room into a CHANNEL based Teams meeting. If it is a standard Teams meeting, we can invite whoever - so we know it is possible - it just won't work for Channel meetings.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When scheduling a meeting, send an invite to the entire Channel instead of Inviting each member manually.

Currently, when you create a new meeting you select the Channel to meet in and then have to type in each member to invite. I would like to just invite the entire Channel (so I don't have to type each member's name in) and each member get an outlook notification.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. split screen in MS teams meetings

Would like MS Teams meetings to allow for split screen so you can pull the meeting screens apart so on one screen you have the video feed of everyone in the meeting and on the other screen you have the content being presented. I'm sure this is already out there but I could not find it.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. File sharing of powerpoint is not recorded in meetings

I was recording my meeting that included file sharing (powerpoint file). Afterward, I was watching the record and I've noticed that it wasn't visible. Once I switched to the screen sharing it was visible in the record.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adjust video panes

Need to be able to move video panes and reorganize them on the screen. I.e. if 4 people are in a video call, two will appear in roughly square panes on one side, and another will be in an elongated pane on the left. The left pane is in portrait and we cannot see the group and if this pane were on top, it would be landscape oriented. I mean, just have an option to make it like google hangouts where I can click who to focus on or it auto-senses based on who's talking.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams meeting chats

When I have declined or been removed from a Teams meeting, I should no longer view and receive alerts on chats in that meeting.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is in our backlog, but we wanted to share a workaround that may help in the meantime. You may run into this issue if your Outlook client is logged into a different account than your Teams client.

As a workaround, when you join the meeting, make sure your Outlook client and Teams client are logged into the same account that the meeting was scheduled from.

9. Allow us to mute individuals but just from our point of view

Please let us mute individuals during a call. This is not the same as muting that person for everyone in the meeting but just for the person doing the muting. This prevents two people who are next to each other in a meeting from hearing an echo of each other. There are many situations/occurrences where we use our personal computers to be in the same meeting instead of sharing a computer, and Teams doesn't let us mute the person that is sitting right next to us.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting timer

Have an on screen timer for a meeting.
    While the meeting is being held, the timer shows the time left during the meeting.

Time management tool integrated in the meetings on MS Teams.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Camera sideways...cant be rotated

Camera shows video sideways... Why does it not rotate according to the orientation of the tablet?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pause music/audio

Pause music/audio when a meeting or call starts. SfB does this. Teams doesn't.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to only allow meeting organizer to record video meeting

Have an option (like BlueJeans) to only allow the meeting organizer or moderators to record the meeting, since right now anyone in the organization can record the meeting.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

This should be working via the web client.

Can users confirm if you are still having this issue? Please let me know in the comments below.

-Warren

15. Integrate OneNote, Planner into Meeting Notes

1. When having a Teams meeting based on a channel/Team, I want to use OnNote instead of "Meeting Notes" 

2. In OneNote, be able to add the Meeting Invite information 

3. In the note, it should separate who attended and who was invited but didnt not attend 
      3B. Make these actual attendees list editable 

4. Add tasks to the OneNote that you can assign users 

5. From those OneNote tasks, auto create Planner tasks. 

6. When the meeting concludes, you can go to the channel and see the OneNote/Meeting Minutes as a tab 

7. Should see the Planner Tasks from that meeting on a planner tab in…
    50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Meetings in Microsoft Teams Rooms and Audio Conferencing

We are currently evaluating deploying a Microsoft Teams Rooms solution for our meeting spaces.

An important feature to our meetings that would occur in a Teams Room is Audio Conferencing (telephone conference bridge).

Currently, only if the user who creates the scheduled Teams Meeting has an O365 license for Audio Conferencing will the meeting include the dial-in number along with the Join link.

However, assigning an Audio Conferencing license to everyone in our organization is unrealistic and unnecessary.

It would be preferable if the licensing functioned so that the Audio Conferencing license could be assigned to the room account for…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for saved callback numbers

Skype for Business allows you to save multiple phone numbers for quick callback when joining a meeting. Teams does not seem to have this ability.
    It would be great if we could save this info in Teams and not have to enter a number every time.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams Meetings Analytics

Hello, currently we are hosting several meetings for big groups of people (1000+) and we want to be able to generate reports for attendance and time tracking. Some KPIs we are hoping Teams may launch are:
    - Who joined the meeting
    - Joining Time
    - Leaving Time
    This will be useful to generate meeting reports, follow-ups, and general meeting services because currently the only option to track attendance is via snapshots of the attendee list or manually capturing all attendee data on the meeting notes section

Thank you very much!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Request to enable anonymous join to Teams meetings using Internet Explorer

Currently, anonymous join to the Teams meetings is not allowed when using Internet Explorer by design.

We would like to invite external users to Teams meetings whose environment is Windows 7, so they cannot use Microsoft Edge. Also, they have to use Internet Explorer because they are not allowed to use a third-party browser. Therefore, they have a trouble to join Teams Meetings anonymously.

We would request to improve the function for external users to join Teams meetings anonymously using Internet Explorer.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cancel Meeting within a Series

When running scrum, often times single occurrences of a recurring meeting need to be cancelled. For example, on days where we have demo or sprint planning we usually cancel our daily standup. It would be great if we could do this with meetings that are scheduled using Microsoft Teams

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base