Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Chroma Key green screen feature to Microsoft Teams meetings/recordings, similar to blur feature

Would like to add Chroma Key green screen effect for Microsoft Teams Meet Now meetings and recordings, envision working similar to new Blur feature, want to key out green screen background and replace with an image and/or Microsoft Stream / YouTube video -tg

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

419 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. unable to unmute dialed in users

When muting all users during a meeting with "mute all" it also mutes the dialed in users. However they are unable to unmute themselves as they are dialed in. There is also no way for me to unmute those users requiring them to call back in

401 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Admitting PSTN users from the lobby

There are two cases covered in this item.

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby. This is completed.

2) Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e. This is on the backlog.

Please…

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Completed: Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby.

2) On the backlog: Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e

Please Note: In Q2CY20, we launched a new default in for the Teams meeting policy (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=63388). If tenants have not modified their default meeting policy, lobby is now enforced.

7. Create permanent video meeting link in Microsoft Teams

I schedule many videoconferences with people outside my organization (some of them repeated) and the way I do it now is to create a Teams meeting link from my Outlook invitation and then send this to the meeting invitees. I would prefer to create a permanent link that I can always give to people, for example, in an email message, without having to generate a new Teams meeting each time in Outlook.

I considered simply reusing the same link from a previous meeting for subsequent meetings, but it seems that each Teams meeting creates its own space in Teams. So,…

386 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When scheduling a meeting, send an invite to the entire Channel instead of Inviting each member manually.

Currently, when you create a new meeting you select the Channel to meet in and then have to type in each member to invite. I would like to just invite the entire Channel (so I don't have to type each member's name in) and each member get an outlook notification.

375 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Invite / Add Distribution List to Scheduled Meeting Invite

Currently unable to add DLs to the 'Invite People' field when creating a new / scheduled Teams meeting.
    Would like to add a DL to a Teams meeting instead of adding people one by one.

372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

356 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable chat temporarily during meetings

Please allow meeting organizer to temporarily disable chat during a meeting.
    We often have people so focused on the chat, they don't pay any attention to the actual meeting.
    We'd love to be able to turn off chat at the beginning of the meeting, and then turn it back on at an appropriate point.

342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pop out option for meetings

Pop out options within teams so we can chat and view meeting content in separate windows. messaging while in a meeting shrinks the screen and it is hard to multitask

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move the banner to the top right or allow setting to move it. It covers the text box.

The notification banner shows in the bottom right. Allow users to select where they want it (top or bottom). It covers up the text box so I cannot see what I am typing when it appears.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a feature to attach documents to meeting invitations....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this is something not featured by Teams yet..!!

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scheduled meetings for private channels

Give the ability to schedule meetings in private channels

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No Chat Notifications When Meeting is Declined in Outlook

1. I get a Teams meeting invite in Outlook.

2. I decline the invite.

3. If someone in that meeting posts in Chat, then I get a notification from a meeting I declined! I have to go to Teams and leave the meeting.

Additional Info: My meeting invite is through a group list.

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move or turn-off selfview in a Teams Meetings

The self view is always static in the bottom right-hand corner of a Teams meeting. This is often distracting and can also get in the way of the screenshare.

-Add option to toggle off/on self-view
    -Add option to move self-view to other locations on the screen

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base