Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop Out/Dedicated conference & meeting window for Teams Meeting

If would be good to have a pop out dedicated window during conference call, meetings and screen sharing session like Skype for business.
    Currently it is very inconvenient to continue work on TEAMS without getting calls window minimized.

1,059 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

93 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Join Meeting Button

When I schedule a meeting as a Skype Meeting it adds a "Join Meeting" button to the Outlook reminder that pops up. That button does not exist when I schedule a Teams Meeting. It should.

Without that button I have to double click to go into the calendar item, locate the hyperlink to "Join Teams Meeting", click that, which opens my web browser, and then the web browser tries to launch the Teams app, but first asks me for confirmation, which requires another click. You've added several layers of unnecessary clicks which impede my ability to join a meeting.

Just…

1,059 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clicking on the join button in an Outlook reminder takes you to the browser to launch Teams today. The work to bypass the browser and directly launch Teams is being worked on. We’ll update when we have more details.

3. Meeting Call Me Back Number

After entering a meeting, if you would like Teams to call you back you need to enter a phone number in the Call Me Back box. (See attached file.) It would be great if this box would remember the last number called and there was a user setting to save a default number. This would save you from having to enter in the number every single time.

960 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to inform you that you are able to join meetings by choosing “Call me” from the join dropdown on iOS & Android. To use this feature, you need to provide a phone number where you can receive a phone call. If the call is accepted, your meeting audio will switch to the cellular connection. Your personal and work phone numbers, if added to your account, will be available for selection automatically.

The team is working to release this feature for Desktop. I don’t have dates to share at this time, but will keep you posted.

Thanks!

4. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

941 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep the Linux Client up to date with the latest features.

We love to use Teams in a multi platform Online School environment .

Stick to version 1.3.005153

missing :

3x3 Grid, better more, View
    Raise Hands
    Blur Background
    Share single application Window, with passthrough audio
    Mouspointer not visible to others when share screen

927 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

912 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

238 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the confusion this is causing. Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

We are reviewing options to make this more user friendly (including a toggle), and will update status here as we have more. But, please note there is no action needed from you to ensure attendees see the correct image.

Thank you!

7. Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

868 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

154 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. split screen in MS teams meetings

Would like MS Teams meetings to allow for split screen so you can pull the meeting screens apart so on one screen you have the video feed of everyone in the meeting and on the other screen you have the content being presented. I'm sure this is already out there but I could not find it.

794 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Camera Adjustments in Meetings

Please give us the ability to adjust camera, microphone and speaker settings for a video meeting. We need settings similar to Skype. My camera is very dark and there's no brightness setting.
    Thanks!

767 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

637 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen Sharing Markup/Annotation

Please add the ability to do live drawing, highlighting and markup on a shared screen during meetings.

608 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

544 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

543 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete Meeting Conversations in Chat

Hi,

I don't want to keep meeting conversation times and history in chats tab. Please create Delete option. This shouldn't be saved at all. It is pretty silly to have a hide button instead of a Delete but you have delete button to delete the text in the conversation? I can also see security issues with this.

Please add Delete soon in chat for meeting conversation. Otherwise, advise on how to get rid of these saved meeting conversations. The hide option is not helpful.

Thanks

525 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to see the participant list while sharing my screen during a Team meeting.

I often run meetings and need to share my screen. I need to be able to see the participant list while sharing my screen, which is currently not an option.

499 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

487 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

469 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently rolling out the increase for the Teams meeting limit. The new permanent meeting limit is 300 participants (in the meeting call and the chat). We expect this to be enabled by the end of June for the public cloud, with government clouds to follow.

For additional info on Meetings limits in Teams, visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls

For insight into the Roadmap, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64225

Thanks.

20. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base