Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. remote control uac

We're using Teams for chat and video meetings, but would like to use the screen sharing and remote control for troubleshooting and suppport requests. However, Windows does not pass UAC prompts through the Teams screen sharing.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically Log Attendance During Teams Meetings

I host a lot of webinar trainings for associates and track attendance. Currently I have to ask participants to put their first and last name in the chat box to log attendance. It would be nice if teams could automatically track that and even give us the option to export to excel.

191 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. See who attended a meeting vs. accepted the invite

I'd like to know who actually attended a meeting AFTER the meeting is over, vs. a list of who accepted the invitation. Often these two lists do not match. I know that the "Attendees" list is inaccurate as I appeared in an overnight meeting as an attendee, but I know I did not attend the meeting at all.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. unable to unmute dialed in users

When muting all users during a meeting with "mute all" it also mutes the dialed in users. However they are unable to unmute themselves as they are dialed in. There is also no way for me to unmute those users requiring them to call back in

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Break out rooms for teams calls.

To be able to use teams to conduct training webinars, would want to be able to have delegates breakout of main video call into seprate channels to have smaller group chats and come back into main room. Without having to drop in and out of calls.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to convert an outlook meeting shown in the Meetings tab to a Teams meeting

It would be nice to have the ability to convert an outlook meeting shown in the Meetings tab to a Teams meeting

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve the customization of which video is displayed during a group video meeting.

During video calls, allow us to click on a person to force their video to take up the whole window (Including one's own camera!). Especially since some people do not turn on their video, their icon should not take up a portion of the screen that could be used to enlarge an active video broadcast. Thank you!!

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Polls and Forms in Meetings

There have been several members on the Tech Community who have asked to have forms and polls in meetings. Currently can have notes, whiteboard, files etc. Snap polls were a part of SfB but having Microsoft Forms and Polls (whether via Polly or a native app) would be an improvement and a much more interactive meeting! Best, Chris

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable annotation of PowerPoint presentations within the meeting

Skype for Business enabled annotation of PowerPoint slides while sharing them in the meeting. We depend on this feature to facilitate interactive meetings, workshops and trainings. Please consider adding this feature to Teams as well.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it running.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base