Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. its basically a bug

on using the teams app on windows 10, you can still share your screen even if you are not a presenter. If you have joined a meeting as a participant and minimize the app, the small window which opens in the corner enables the option to share your screen and the presenter doesn't know who ha shared it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting Options should contain default status for attendees

When setting up meetings, we lose a lot of time and productivity with users having to manually set their status upon joining the meeting. For informal, internal meetings, it is often acceptable to use the current Teams default of 'In a call', so that attendees are still contactable for non-critical things. In, for example, a formal client-facing meeting, users have to remember to set their status to 'Do Not Disturb', but often forget, which leads to unhelpful and sometimes embarrassing distractions coming through.
    It seems like the default status for attendees should be set by Meeting Options, rather than a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatic meeting call to participants in teams

If meeting scheduled in teams for 10 peoples, its good if team makes call to 10 people on that particular time, so no need to dial in for meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mic on/off visible at all times.

Putting a mic on/off button on the screen at all times will be great because during a conference call in a full screen mode you can't make out if your mic is off or not. It is only visible in the dialog box when you move your cursor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to display myself on team conference

I would like to display not only other people but myself on screen.For Example I am displayed on the left side of screen.other people can display on the right side.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Distribue left-hand-side icons across the whole screen at all times

Have the main window split between all of the icons, so that you don't have to get out of one to use another. So during a meeting, you can look at your calendar, files, chat, calls, etc. without having to minimize the meeting screen. Like the default would be all things minimized on the screen, and then you could pop each out to maximize, like you can do with chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DIRECT Export of Closed Captions as Meeting Minutes

Lots of similar requests...just want to add this on. The export via Streams is great. However, it would be a much better experience if the CC could be directly exported/Shared from TEAMS at the conclusion of the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep a list of meetings I couldn't attend that were recorded to watch later

My calendar is full of meetings, but I have conflicts or will be out of the office on vacation or personal appointments at times.

It would be quite useful that the recordings from all the meetings I missed accumulate in a queue that is "Meetings you missed" and a larger "All my meeting recordings" in a sortable order so that I don't have to fish through a bunch of chat histories to find the recording links.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. meeting alerts.

Can there be pre reminder pop up on screen before meeting is scheduled , put a snooze on so you have time to prep.
    not like skype pop up which is right on the time of meeting !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update user profile (Participant / Presenter) directly from teams app without move it to another window

I would like to have option to update the user profile (Participant / Presenter) directly from teams app without move it to another internet brow window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Email a chat history to outlook

We created a new chat and added all stakeholders in a chat for each new project. But after finished the projects, can we have a feature to email the chat history to the all the stakeholders outlook?

By this way, it can enable us to archive all the project detail in the chat and to search the project history in outlook if requires in future.

But now I need to keep a huge amount of threads of each chat for a project in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Meeting View

I would like to be able to see all meeting participants and any chat messages that come through when presenting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Invite to a portion of a meeting

I set up meetings that last an entire day, but I invite guest speakers to talk with the group for specific times during the day. It is very clunky to make participants who are there for the whole day sign in to a bunch of different meetings with different speakers. What I have been doing is sending the invitation for the whole day to each speaker along with an email telling them what their time for the day is, but then if they accept their whole day is blocked out on their calendar, and it is not always easy for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Some features like for explain other the option should be like a blank page .for better explanation.

Some features like for explain other the option should be like a blank page .for better explanation.there is a problem for open document in login with playstore app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. URGENT !!!! List of chats that were hidden so you can Un-Hide them. Not everyone sets up chats in Outlook with a link

Please, please, this is needed...

Many send Outlook meeting invites and then will start Video Chat outside outlook with no link, they will trigger individual 'invites'

Please create a history list of Chats that were 'hidden' and allow to un-hide so we can get important references like names of participants to chat further with and maybe some content that may be present/shared.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow attendees to accept/deny recordings with a button

Rather than just having a pop-up at the top, have a real Yes and No Button. If any of the participants voted no, the recording shouldn´t start.
    Only if ALL attendees voted yes, the recording can start.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Teams の会議において、発言したユーザーを自動的にピン留めして表示される機能を実装して欲しい。

I would like you to implement a function to automatically pin and display the user who spoke in a Microsoft Teams meeting.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams 会議画面の表示について

I would like the organizer to implement a function to forcibly display only the video of the organizer on the conference screen of anonymous users.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sometimes both on Mobile App or on Desktop, option is missing for start a meeting recording even though no one has started Recording it.

Sometimes both on Mobile App or on Desktop, option is missing for 'Start a meeting recording' even though no one has started Recording it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base