Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable entry/exit notifications.

Currently, when someone dials into the Teams Meeting via their telephone, their full 10-digit number is announced upon entry/exit to/from the meeting. Please add an option to disable this.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scheduling assistant

The Teams Scheduling Assistant doesn't appear to have all the same functionality as the Outlook Scheduling Assistant. Support for rooms, ability to suggest times/dates that work for all invitees, etc. While, the addition of the Schduling Assistant is good, would love to see it start to be on par with the functionality in Outlook. Posted on behalf of my customer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Desktop Alert for Call

I am able to hear audio alerts, but a pop up alert similar to Skype for Business where you see a persons avatar, and an Accept or Reject would be great! also Acceptance would then open up teams to the appropriate chat window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please include the ability for "Meet Now" for call bridges vs having to schedule

In Skype for business you have the ability to "Meet now" whereas Teams require you to schedule. This can be cumbersome when you really just need a call bridge quickly.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Parent view

Need to put assignments into pupil's Outlook calendar so that they can share a read only link with parents. This would enable parents to see all upcoming assignments for their child, i.e. a parent view of assignments.

Alternatively, give parents a code linked to their child's account that will allow them to see selective team content including all assignment details. Teachers should be able to select whether parents can see everything, particular channels, or just assignments.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Present two buttons when cancelling a meeting in a series

When you Cancel Meeting, you can choose Series or Occurrence. It'd be better if it Teams recognized that the meeting is one of a series and presented both buttons at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: Scheduling a future meeting uses wrong start and end dates

In the meetings tab, navigate to a future date and schedule a meeting. Bug: the start/end dates use today's date instead of the selected/displayed date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use User's time zone to display when using scheduling assistant to scheduling a meeting

When I schedule a meeting the time zone in the scheduling is showing CST even though I am in MST. Seems like it should be MST (mine) as it confuses me thinking the time available is at a different time for me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Focus Files in Meetings

Imagine having a meeting organizer choose files uploaded in teams as focus files in an online meeting. This means the organizer dictates to the team what they will be able to edit AND view during the meeting without having to share your screen.

Example: You'd like to trim down line items in an excel spreadsheet that contains a budget, but you need 4 managers to work on it. Make that excel sheet a focus file of the meeting. Then all the managers can easily find the file, see who's editing it, and know what the organizer is referring to when…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow meeting participants to mute each other or mute all: Ep IV The Request Strikes Back

This has been partially fixed in that the meeting originator can mute a participant (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17990638-allow-meeting-participants-to-mute-each-other-or-m), but this doesn't go far enought for many people.

We need all users to be able to individually mute other users. Our situation is that we regularly hold meetings through Team where some participants sit in the same room. These people can hear each other IRL and then slightly delayed through Team. I need to be able to mute my nearest colleagues (for just me) to avoid this.

At present we need to move away from each other in order to have a…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Camera sideways...cant be rotated

Camera shows video sideways... Why does it not rotate according to the orientation of the tablet?

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Switch from an 1 on 1 to a group meeting

Option to switch an 1 on 1 to a group meeting by adding an user in the live meeting like you can do with Skype FB: add an "add attendee button"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. more participants in teams meeting view and more options

We would like to see the options to switch views in meetings with a view of just the current speaker, or a grid of all (up to 9 panels not including the self view)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meeting controls for host only option

The mute or remove participant options should be optionally only available to the host.

They are both handy to have but also may not be appropriate for some meetings.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop Emailing Everyone About a Channel Meeting

According to this feedback item this is completed but it is still happening: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17285378-not-automatically-invite-the-whole-team-to-a-chann

I did find this blog post that describes how to turn it off: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2018/01/06/why-do-i-receive-invites-to-channel-meetings-in-microsoft-teams-mystery-solved

Please change the defaults here. Channel meetings should default to NOT EMAIL EVERYONE.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Conferencing policy

That'll be nice if we are allowed to set customized conferencing policy like Skype for Business. Especially we want to control external users' operations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base