Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow IP video OFF setting is override video in Video for Recipient in meeting sent by external

Allow IP video OFF setting is override video in Video for Recipient in meeting sent by external

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace Blank Meeting Template with a "Standard Effective Meeting" template

Many meetings waste time due to lack of following Standard Effective Meeting practices. They become meandering conversations with little or no outcome. The 'blank' template used does nothing to challenge this. I suggest that the 'blank' template be replaced with one that includes 'standard effective meeting' best practices (see attached template). This should be MS o365 world-wide, not a personal template. If the o365 suite is suppose to support 'efficient and effective collaboration', we should have this as a baseline template.
    > What is the meeting Objective
    > What is/are the Deliverable(s)
    > What is the Agenda (to achieve the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace Blank Meeting Template with a "Standard Effective Meeting" template

Many meetings waste time due to lack of following Standard Effective Meeting practices. They become meandering conversations with little or no outcome. The 'blank' template used does nothing to challenge this. I suggest that the 'blank' template be replaced with one that includes 'standard effective meeting' best practices (see attached template). This should be MS o365 world-wide, not a personal template. If the o365 suite is suppose to support 'efficient and effective collaboration', we should have this as a baseline template.
    > What is the meeting Objective
    > What is/are the Deliverable(s)
    > What is the Agenda (to achieve the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to share different pages while screen sharing

While sharing screen with user, i am only able to share one screen at a time. Suppose i started sharing an excel and if i want to switch to a power BI dashboard or PPT, i am unable to do it. Everytime, i have to click on screen sahring option. In Skype, screen sharing was very seamless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I request a change in the way Teams meeting recordings work

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議のレコーディングについて
    I request a change in the way Teams meeting recordings work

■Description(内容):
    Teams の会議を録画すると、会話の内容やビデオの表示が保存され、テナント内の Stream にアップロードされます。
    その際の画面が、会議全体となるため任意のユーザーのみを固定して表示することができないです。
    会議の録画の画面表示を参加者全員でなく、任意のユーザーの画面のみ収録できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    When Teams meetings are recorded, conversations and video displays are saved and uploaded onto the tenants Microsoft Stream.
    Since the recording records the entire meeting, it is impossible to choose and display specific users.
    Thus I request the recording feature to be changed so that the screen display of the meeting recording can be recording the screen of only specific users, instead of all the participants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shortcut commands to switch between shared windows, shared files, and presenters in a meeting

The more shortcut commands that can be used during a meeting, the more convenient it will be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share the existing Whiteboard in Teams meeting

I would like to share the existing Whiteboard in Teams meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pass the Presenter Role

WebEx includes this functionality. Reference: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX1800/How-Do-I-Pass-the-Presenter-Role-to-an-Attendee-or-Participant.
    This allows meetings organizers/presenters to control who can start sharing the screen. At the moment, every participant with a Presenter role assigned can start sharing their own screen interrupting the current screen sharing session. Adding this feature would allow to control which presenter can initiate screen sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better phone meeting ui

When a call starts organizer sees 4 big tiles, one of which belongs to organizer, but little or no indication additional people joined the call. Why 4 big tiles by default at the expense of useful information?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. please make it possible to record only audio for video meetings

Please make it possible to record only audio for video meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customization of the display items for Meeting Information on Microsoft Teams Schedules

■Title(件名):
    Teams 予定表の会議情報の表示項目カスタマイズ機能が欲しい
    Customization of the display items for Meeting Information on Microsoft Teams Schedules

■Description(内容):
    Skype for Businessのように、必要に応じて件名や場所を非表示にする機能が欲しい。
    I would like a feature, like Skype for Business, to hide title and place of the meeting scheduled on Microsoft Teams Schedules if necessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to “Start Live Now” on Teams

■Title(件名):
    Teams で「今すぐライブを開始」の機能が欲しい
    Ability to “Start Live Now” on Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作ではライブ イベントの開始には事前にスケジュールの作成が必要だが、会議にて「今すぐ会議」の機能があるように、ライブ イベントにおいてもスケジュールなしでライブを開催できる機能が欲しい
    Currently, the behavior requires scheduling to start a live event, but just like the ability to “Meeting Now” on the meeting schedule, I would also like that to hold live events without scheduling beforehand.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to move the Teams Meeting to a different window

When attending a meeting it takes up the screen area of Teams, and it is not easy to continue chats or follow teams' posts. it will be great to be able to move the meeting window to another area, or even another screen when using multiple monitors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to cancel orphaned meeting / change meeting organiser

The meeting organiser of a recurring meeting in a Teams Channel has left the organisation. He has removed all meetings from his calendar, but one of them is still in the channel. So the meeting seems orphaned.
    Now we want to cancel this meeting series, but no one but the organiser can do this, and he doesn't have the meeting in his calendar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. React/Question Sign for a Teams Meeting

Problem: When there is a meeting with several people in different location it is hard to make a sign that you like to comment or have a question to the one who is speaking without interrupting her/him. The chat is not appropriate for that since not everyone has an eye on the chat.

Request: As user I like to have the option to make a sign in meetings that I have a question/comment to the one who is speaking. This could also be combined with a sign that I agree/disagree with the speaker. This would improve meetings for me since…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Meeting reminders to pop up in ms teams

Like Outlook, we should get popup window to remind upcoming meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meeting links from past meetings remains active if the meeting invitation is created using an email from past meeting invitation

Is it possible to automatically disable past Online Team Meeting links once the meeting date has lapsed? This is to avoid creating multiple links on a new meeting invitation. This happens when I create a meeting invitation from an email which contains past meeting invitation to an Online Team Meeting. This results to multiple link inside the new meeting invite as shown in the screen shot I attached in idea.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A feature to automatically add certain members in the Teams meeting

Please implement a feature to add certain members in the Teams meeting automatically when selecting the specific meeting room in the meeting scheduling window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The video image is rotated through 90 degrees in Teams web meetings with Microsoft Edge

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Edge で Teams の Web 会議を行うと 映像が 90度 回転した状態で映ってしまう
    The video image is rotated through 90 degrees in Teams web meetings with Microsoft Edge ***************
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Edge で Teams の Web 会議を行うと 映像が 90度 回転した状態で映ってしまう。他のブラウザーやクライアントアプリでは問題ない。Microsoft Edge で映像が 90度 回転しないようにしてほしい。
    The video screen is shown vertically, rotated through 90 degrees, when having a video meeting via Teams using Microsoft Edge. However, there are no such issues on other browsers or the desktop app. I would like the video screen to always be displayed in its correct rotation during video meetings using Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Date and time of video conference

I would like to add a feature that allows you to see a list of times each user has a video conference.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base