Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rename Dial-in Participants

There are two aspects to this:
    1. First, if someone is able to join by video but needs to dial-in for audio, create a function that allows their audio to be associated with their video. Right now, all dial-in users only show up by their phone numbers, so when someone is speaking, it shows the empty participant tile, rather than their video.

1. Allow meeting hosts to rename dial-in participants, so they can show who's actually on the meeting, rather than just a number.

This is repeating what's been said by others multiple times:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40055167-attendee-id-for-dial-in-participants
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35339344-combine-dial-in-instance-with-app-instance-so-voic
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38519044-rename-call-in-participant
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40157941-rename-dial-in-numbers-to-name
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37903633-name-dial-in-users

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove participants from chat or meeting

Enable possibility to remove ("leave" on behalf of) participants from ongoing Teams meeting, so they cannot follow the comments in the chat.
    Right now it is only possible to remove them, when the meeting is done, so this https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/leave-or-remove-someone-from-a-group-chat-7db55a67-0ba4-4409-a399-5ed502a1d094?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb is not relevant for ongoing meetings.
    Very much desired feature for High Level Management meetings with confidential information.
    Idea has been submitted here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33155227-remove-participants-from-chat-or-meeting, but it has been already closed
    Thank you in advance!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to have "Include Computer Audio" turned on as the default when screen sharing

Currently, you need to manually turn-on "include computer audio" each time you screen share. For teachers using teams, this is the most commonly forgotten step when sharing with students. It would be helpful to have a setting that makes including computer audio a default rather than having the default be not including audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable the Hold feature while attending just one meeting

Unfortunately the Hold feature is only available while attending more than one meeting at a time. I need the Hold feature to also be available when I am attending just one meeting so that I can pause my audio and video for bathroom breaks or when I get interrupted by a family member. It would be very helpful for the other attendees to know when I am not currently paying attention to the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When a meeting is recorded, the owner of the meeting should be the owner of the video

Currently, anyone can push the record button in a meeting (which is good), but the video that results (in Microsoft Stream) is then owned by the person that pushed the button. The video should be owned by the owner/originator of the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The meeting settings should be available before creating the meeting, doing this afterwards is a lot of work if we create bulk meetings

We would like to be able to set the meeting setting when we make the meeting, not when it has been created, this is not doable when we make bulk meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We would like to be able to see which teams meeting a member is attending

When we are having multiple meetings running, we cannot see in which meeting a user is attending, we would like to be able to see where a individual user is attending.
    Also we would like to be able to see the full list of members which are in a meeting, realtime. Now it is only shown in the admin but that has a 2 day delay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically Record Team Meetings

Team Admin Center need to add a Auto Record All Team Meetings or Specified user meetings function.

Allow to access this recordings to Organization Admin in Microsoft Stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make desktop sharing compatible with adobe PDF reader

We have some customers see the PDF file flickering in the screen sharing, and we found out this cause reason is Teams screen sharing is not compatible with Adobe PDF reader. It would be best to make Teams compatible with Adobe PDF reader to provide better user experience to the customers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make desktop sharing compatible with adobe PDF reader

We have some customers see the PDF file flickering in the screen sharing, and we found out this cause reason is Teams screen sharing is not compatible with Adobe PDF reader. It would be best to make Teams compatible with Adobe PDF reader to provide better user experience to the customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams violating the GDPR (general data protection regulation) KVKK in Turkey.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for Turkish college. But I have suspected things.

1- Even if we close our microphone, the teacher can hear what we say. I have seen this and suspected this in almost 10 times.
    2- Our messages can be seen by the admins and top people. doesn't that violate GDPR?

please help me out

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mute chats for a user who is not a current participant of the call

If I am invited to a meeting but have not joined it, the ongoing chats during that call should be muted for me. For every ping that participants send, I get notified with a tone and is very disturbing.
    In general, there should be an option to mute group chat or meetings notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to check what kind of license Guest Users have.

I need to administrate license that users have.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Function to change user display names on a limited basis in meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の会議に限定してユーザーの表示名を変更する機能について
    Function to change user display names on a limited basis in meetings

■Description(内容):
    現在 ユーザーの表示名を変更するとテナント全体に反映する設定になっているため、Microsoft Teams の会議に限定して、ユーザーの表示名を変更する機能の拡張を要望します。

Currently, settings to change user display names are reflected across the entire tenant, so please add a way to only change user display names as they appear in Teams meetings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Long Press Mouse to Unmute the mic for as long as the Mouse button is held down

Long Press Mouse to Unmute the mic for as long as the Mouse button is held down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make joining meetings easier and simpler, especially for guests

I would love to have an easier and simpler guest experience for joining meetings.

1. Make the meeting link simple and short. (Optional add a code for people to easily join meetings via a generic link similar to meet.google.com)

2. Make it easy for guests to join Teams meetings on app or via web browser.

3. Make the web browser experience similar to the app version.

4. Make the audio quality and video quality more lightweight for a more "real time" experience similar to Zoom or Google Meet.

For example, Google Meet gives a simple join link or code they can enter to join.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Attendee's group photo

After having team meeting or on-line drinking over Teams, i said "Hey, let's get a group picture!"

It's too much bother to take a group photo and share photos with attendees.
    i have many steps to share pics as "[windows + ptr], open screen capture folder, select files and d&d photos to chat window".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow multiple functions on an iPad

using Teams on an iPad is problematic for teachers. You don't have the functionality as a desktop. You either have the chat, can see participants, or share the screen - teachers need to access all of this at the same time in one place! It's difficult to manage a live class if you have to keep toggling between screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base