Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View/pin own camera for self in a team meeting, toggle camera mirroring, and dual camera support

I have an external camera that I use for some meetings to point a whiteboard being used in a physical room so the remote attendees can see what is being drawn.

1) I cannot accurately see what the camera is pointing at because the camera video is display as a small thumbnail-size on my screen, even though all the other attendees can view it much larger and pin it for the best size. It would be nice to be able to choose to pin or resize my own video feed so I can make sure the text/drawings on the whiteboard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a user to a teams meeting without sending invitations to all users

Currently, if you add a new user to an existing team meeting it sends out an updated invite to all users. I should be able to add people without disturbing everyone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can you add a feature that aill allow a post meeting survey to be created in Teams?

creating a feature that will automatically generate to all meeting participants will be a useful tool for feedback after meetings and presentations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can you add a feature that will allow the Organizer of a meeting to export the list of participants to an excel spreadsheet?

Adding a feature that will allow the Organizer of a meeting to export the list of participants to an excel spreadsheet will facilitate meeting surveys and attendance tracking

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In participant list provide filter to those who are talking

In meetings it there is always one or two people who didn't mute and finding them is really a pain. In the participant list (people in meeting) can we add a filter to show current talking participants. It would be really nice to highlight the meeting owner as if they are on the phone, you typically don't know which number they are.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it possible to hide the teams control bar (permanently) without having to click outside the sharing area

Today I need to click outside the sharing area to get the teams control bar away, but I would like an option to hide the bar when I don't need it to come back during a meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Phone Audio Dial Information button that provides a link to the meeting phone number for attendees driving handsfree on the phone

Phone Audio Dial Information button that provides a link to the meeting phone number for attendees driving handsfree on the phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there currently any JavaScript sdk to join Microsoft Teams ?

Hi.,

Like UCWA SDK, Is there any JavaScript sdk to join Microsoft Teams meeting or chat from third party website?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why cant the snaps(pictures) are not listed in files

if the picture is attached in the teams chat its is not listed in chat

Let make it added on the team files list of the chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. About meeting alarm settings

In Outlook, you can set a reminder when creating a meeting, but not in Teams.

When creating a meeting in Teams, it is useful to have an alarm setting item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Should not get notification If I declined a meeting.

I get the notifications/chats for meetings that I have declined. We get meeting invites on a DL and I decline the meetings that I don't need to attend, yet when the meeting is started I get the notification. I also receive all the chats being shared on the window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Privacy setting in Android app

When creating new meeting in Teams Android app, there is no setting available so that the meeting could be set as private. Hence, if the meeting should be private, it cannot be created in the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple Invites - Same Teams Meeting - Need Join Button

We need to schedule an overarching teams call with multiple additional invites for groups to join off/on throughout. This can be accomplished by copying/pasting meeting invite info, and yes, there is a join meeting link under "more details." But users are looking for the Join Button they are accustomed to seeing. Can we force a Join Button, or is there a way to edit the link behind a join button?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow IP video OFF setting is override video in Video for Recipient in meeting sent by external

Allow IP video OFF setting is override video in Video for Recipient in meeting sent by external

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Replace Blank Meeting Template with a "Standard Effective Meeting" template

Many meetings waste time due to lack of following Standard Effective Meeting practices. They become meandering conversations with little or no outcome. The 'blank' template used does nothing to challenge this. I suggest that the 'blank' template be replaced with one that includes 'standard effective meeting' best practices (see attached template). This should be MS o365 world-wide, not a personal template. If the o365 suite is suppose to support 'efficient and effective collaboration', we should have this as a baseline template.
    > What is the meeting Objective
    > What is/are the Deliverable(s)
    > What is the Agenda (to achieve the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace Blank Meeting Template with a "Standard Effective Meeting" template

Many meetings waste time due to lack of following Standard Effective Meeting practices. They become meandering conversations with little or no outcome. The 'blank' template used does nothing to challenge this. I suggest that the 'blank' template be replaced with one that includes 'standard effective meeting' best practices (see attached template). This should be MS o365 world-wide, not a personal template. If the o365 suite is suppose to support 'efficient and effective collaboration', we should have this as a baseline template.
    > What is the meeting Objective
    > What is/are the Deliverable(s)
    > What is the Agenda (to achieve the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to share different pages while screen sharing

While sharing screen with user, i am only able to share one screen at a time. Suppose i started sharing an excel and if i want to switch to a power BI dashboard or PPT, i am unable to do it. Everytime, i have to click on screen sahring option. In Skype, screen sharing was very seamless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I request a change in the way Teams meeting recordings work

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議のレコーディングについて
    I request a change in the way Teams meeting recordings work

■Description(内容):
    Teams の会議を録画すると、会話の内容やビデオの表示が保存され、テナント内の Stream にアップロードされます。
    その際の画面が、会議全体となるため任意のユーザーのみを固定して表示することができないです。
    会議の録画の画面表示を参加者全員でなく、任意のユーザーの画面のみ収録できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    When Teams meetings are recorded, conversations and video displays are saved and uploaded onto the tenants Microsoft Stream.
    Since the recording records the entire meeting, it is impossible to choose and display specific users.
    Thus I request the recording feature to be changed so that the screen display of the meeting recording can be recording the screen of only specific users, instead of all the participants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shortcut commands to switch between shared windows, shared files, and presenters in a meeting

The more shortcut commands that can be used during a meeting, the more convenient it will be.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base