Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "frame rate control" for "screen sharing" or/and "Video."

Sometimes the resolution is much more important than the frame rate. So users want to control the framerate using a limited network speed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete "all" future meeting occurrences without removing past occurrences for meetings

According to the official Microsoft Office support web page, "The only way to remove future occurrences without removing past occurrences in "Meeting in a Series" is to delete each instance of a recurring meeting individually".

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cancel-all-future-meetings-in-a-series-9eaeee8c-bfe3-46a0-a092-9a2707f3b133

There should be an option to delete "all" future meeting occurrences without removing past occurrences for meetings in which I am not the organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow External Attendees to customize background settings

Allow External Attendees to customize background settings. Currently, our internal users are the only ones allowed to change Teams Meeting Background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. option to copy/move recorded video from meeting page to teams folders

Recording of Teams meeting happens in the cloud. Great idea. But to copy or move the recorded video of the meeting from the meeting page to a Microsoft Teams folder I have to download it to my local computer and then again upload.

An option to copy/move the video from the meetings page to a teams folder all within the cloud would be a great option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Split out the screen when someone is presenting.

Split out the screen when someone is presenting. This way you can view your chat members on a screen and the topic they are presenting on another.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a timer that can record laps or countdown

Adding a timer to help timekeeping when more than one person is presenting and everyone has the same amount of time to present.
    The total time of the meeting doesnt help with that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow PPT uploading prior for screensharing

Right now if I want to share a PPT, I have to wait for upload which can, in some cases be lengthy. It would be nice to stage, prior to sharing and would reduce awkward meeting gaps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Meetings- Meeting Chat- hide control bar when mouse over meeting chat

During meetings, I like to leave my mouse over the meeting chat so that I can interact quickly without talking over people. However, the control bar is always on top of the presentation when the mouse is over the meeting chat, and this covers some of the presentation. The control bar can come back when my mouse goes over the presentation itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Large Gallery Preview, format phone user views to eliminate black borders

When you are in the new Gallery View, phone views can be optimized if they are placed next to each other to eliminate the black bars for vertical (portrait views).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. custom background for Together Mode

I would like to upload a photo of my office so that meeting participants appear on my company background.

Solution proposal:
    The user must upload a .jpg or .png file. After uploading, he should point out the places where people are to be plotted in the meeting.

I will put a real picture of my company's auditorium so that everyone can appear together, but within our company

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you change the background color or something bigger, bolder and obvious when I am on mute?

Now that this moved to the upper right corner it isn't obvious when I am muted. Maybe change the background color of the meeting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Join Meetings Button or Link

On the calendar invite please add behind the meeting hyperlink and “or” regarding the phone number-Believe it or not...people are calling and clicking the link-It should distinguish on the invite one or the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show number of participants who agree or disagree without host making poll (as in Blackboard Collaborate)

Allow participants to click agree or disagree at any time during a meeting, and show who and the numbers. This facility is available in Blackboard Collaborate (along with being able to see how many participants click happy, sad, slower, confused) and the lack of this is dissuading my organisation from moving to Teams for most meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio off button also available after you join a meeting

Why is the "Audio Off" option only available before you join a meeting. If you are in a meeting you can only turn you video and microfoon off but not your audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove automatic (Guest) addition from guest meeting participant's Name

Guest participants in a meeting are already labeled as Guest in the participant's role in a meeting (similar to Organizer, Presenter etc). It doesn't also have to be an automatic extension to their Name as shown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default video status when starting a Teams meeting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の会議開催時のビデオについて
    Default video status when starting a Teams meeting

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams で会議参加時に、参加者はビデオのオン・オフを選んで参加することができるが、このときの既定値をオフにする機能の拡充を要望いたします。

When starting a Teams meeting, participants can choose whether to have their video turned on or off when they join, but we would like to be able to change the default value of this setting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open +New meeting in new window

It has happened a few times where I'm in the middle of adding a new meeting and filling out details, but I receive a message in teams. I end up needing to discard all progress in the meeting if I need to reply within teams.
    If the new meeting creation opened in a new window, I believe it would save a lot of wasted time as opposed to needing to start over again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Screen share control for users logged using browsers

Users who don't have the Teams application and login to Teams using browser are unable to take control in the screen share sessions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Add area code to toll free numbers in Teams conference meeting invite..

We cannot get area code on the Toll free numbers in teams calander invite, Please add it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base