Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Powerapps as Tab available for Guests

Powerapps connected to Teams with Tabs should function also for Guests.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Further options to restrict file uploads when guests are participating in another separate tenant as a guest user

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    別テナントにゲスト ユーザーとして参加している場合のファイルのアップロードを制御する機能の拡充
    Further options to restrict file uploads when guests are participating in another separate tenant as a guest user

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、ゲストを招待したテナントではゲスト ユーザーに対してファイルのアップロードなどを SharePoint Online のアクセス権限をカスタマイズすることで制御は可能だが、ゲスト ユーザーのテナント側で別テナントにゲストとして参加している際のファイルのアップロードなどを制御することができない。
    ゲストとして参加しているテナントにてファイルのアップロードが許可されていると、自テナント内の情報などを不用意に別テナントに共有される恐れがあるため、ゲストとして参加した際のファイルのアップロードを制御する機能の拡充を希望します。
    It is possible to restrict file uploads in Teams for guest users from other tenants, by customizing access rights in SharePoint Online, however there is no way to restrict file uploads specifically in cases where the guest user in question is also in another separate tenant as a guest user.
    If file uploads on this other tenant are permitted, it is possible for them to share…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Switch between display of external tenants on the Teams screen

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 画面の外部テナント切替表示について
    Switch between display of external tenants on the Teams screen

■Description(内容):
    現在、ゲストとして外部テナントの Microsoft Teams チームに招待され、参加した場合、Microsoft Teams 画面右上のアイコン付近にゲストとして参加している外部テナントに切り替える項目が表示される。
    ゲストとして参加した外部テナントのチームから脱退、または参加している外部テナントのMicrosoft Teams チームが削除された際も、Microsoft Teams 画面上のゲストとして参加していた外部テナントの表示は残存し、現状は削除することができない。
    不要になった外部テナント切替表示を削除する機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, if you are invited to a team by an external tenant as a guest, and join, an item in the top right, near your icon, appears allowing you to switch to the external tenant you’re participating in as a guest.
    If you leave the external tenant team which you are participating in as a guest, or if an external tenant Teams team you are in is deleted, the icon…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do not automatically add guests to org-wide teams

When a org-wide team is created, have an option to not automatically add guest accounts.

We have a org-wide company team for general chit chat, but don't want guests (eg: customers) to join/see this (for obvious reasons haha!)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Guest Accounts from search Results when Guest Access is disbaled in Teams tenant

We have disabled Guest Access for Teams (using it for other workloads), however Guest Accounts are still being displayed when searching for users in Teams. This can be congfusing for some users when trying to contact them via Federation.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Guest Comment and Upload Functionality in Teams

As of the latest update, Guest users have almost full functionality in planner and teams in terms of creating and editing tasks. However the 2 missing pieces of functionality are:
    -Guest Users Cannot add Comments to tasks.
    -Guest users cannot upload a file to tasks, they can only upload from a link or sharepoint.

Please add these functionalities.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guest Access Permission

It is currently very difficult to control Guess Access Permissions in MS Teams. We only have the options to block creation, editing or deletion of Channels, but a Guest can delete all contents of a Channel and even empty the SharePoint recycle bin.
    The only workaround I have found to date is the following:
    In SharePoint Site Permissions, create a new Permission Level that does not allow file deletion, move the O-365 Group from the Edit Permission Level to the new restricted Permission Level, then manually add Internal Members to the Edit Permission Level.
    The above workaround will allow only…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow guests to create profiles (upload image, add title and organization)

Since this is a collaborative platform, it would be great to have more information about guests who join. Can we have images and title/organization for guests please?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scheduling meetings as a guest

I'd like to be able, as a guest, to schedule a (recurring) meeting via Teams.

This would save me the trouble of having to work through multiple tools for setting up my (virtual) meetings and other collaboration activities.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restrict users to be invited to external tenants as a guest

I would like to avoid users to be invited to an external tenant unintentionally. This could be controlled by using Azure AD but I would like to control it in Teams.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. onedrive consumer

please add the ability yo use OneDrive, consumer versión, to it, no only OneDrive for Business, because, some of the customers have regular OneDrive and that's how they share some ítems with us.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow admins to manage users who are not invited the meeting and join the meeting by using the meeting URL

Currently, users who knows the meeting URL can join the meeting without any restriction even they are not invited. From management point of view, we believe that we should control attendees who would join the meeting via the meeting URL. So, it would be great if admins could have a feature to manage users who have joined in the meeting via the meeting URL.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send a notification to admins when a guest user joined in a team

I would like the system to send admins a notification when a guest user joined in a team. For the security perspective, I would like to check when and which guest user joined in a team. So, it would be convenient if the system let us know about it automatically.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Settings for guest users invitation

We would like to have more detail settings such as the permission value for a guest user invitation when own tenant user is invited as a guest for external teams.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Receive PSTN Calls When a Guest in Another Tenant

When I am logged into my team that my PSTN is connected to I receive calls in Teams from my PSTN Plan number. When I switch to another team using the dropdown for fast team switching where I am a setup as a guest, I no longer receive these calls (even though I am authenticated on my primary domain/team as the PSTN account).

Please make it so your PSTN account works with either: a) your main account you are logged in as, whether as user or guest in a foreign tenant, or; b) when signed in with multiple O365 accounts,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Obtaining access logs for the invited external tenant

Sometimes users are invited to an external tenant unintentionally, and I would like to avoid them to communicate with external users. Thus, I would like to obtain access logs for the users who are invited to external tenants.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lets us disable editing for Guests!!!..... please ~:|

Still can't disable editing for guests... isn't this bothering anybody else??? The "Visitors" settings when sharing files or within SharePoint don't correlate at all with Guests in Teams (which I'm sure they are supposed to)... The only way I can find to disable editing for Guests is to disable editing for Members on every file, one at a time, but then the Members can't edit the files either..... This is ridiculous, right? There should be a big giant switch in the Team settings that says "Allow Guests to edit files".... but there isn't :[

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share the url link of a chat with guest member

I want to share the URL link of the chat with guest member.
    like the URL link of the team.

Scenario:
    - Send the URL link of the chat to guest members

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow guest users to create meeting notes during meetings too

■Title(件名):
    ゲスト ユーザーも、会議中に会議メモを作成できるように機能を拡充してほしい
    Allow guest users to create meeting notes during meetings too

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能においてゲスト ユーザーは、チームの会議に参加した際には、会議メモを作成する権限が無く、会議終了後にチーム内の [会議のメモ] タブより閲覧、編集が可能となっています。
    ゲスト ユーザーも重要なプロジェクトの一員であるため、ゲスト ユーザーに会議メモを作成できるような機能を追加する、もしくは、メモを作成する権限を任意で追加することのできるような機能を追加してほしいです。
    Currently, when guest users attend a team meeting, they lack permission to create meeting notes, but after the meeting ends they can view and edit them from the “Meeting notes” tab in the team.
    Since guest users are members of important projects too, please make it possible for them to create meeting notes, or for us to assign permissions to create meeting notes freely.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow tenants to define the role of a guest

At the moment, guest accounts can't do anything except chat in channels they were invited in / calls, regardless of what type of license they were assigned.

Some basic things for guests (that could be enabled by admins):
    - share files (even if restricted somehow) at least in private chats
    - maintain a contact list
    - be upgradeable without loss of history
    - become owners of channels if made so by tenant accounts

Since Teams desktop doesn't allow even switching between tenants, a common workaround is to login as a tenant and then be added as a guest to others…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base