Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share the url link of a chat with guest member

I want to share the URL link of the chat with guest member.
    like the URL link of the team.

Scenario:
    - Send the URL link of the chat to guest members

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unable to add people to the free teams

I have signed for the Free version of Teams using my personal Microsoft account and I am unable to add people to a Team or to my Org in the Free version of Teams. When trying to invite someone I get an error that says "We're having trouble sending the invitations. Please try again later". No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. I even created a new Free-Teams account and got the same result with that one too. Please help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Revamp guest access - it's not useful as it is now

There are several problems with Guest Access with MS Teams as it is implemented today. First, it should not require another tenant to hold guest access. Not everyone has Teams. Anyone should be capable to be invited to take part in Teams. Second, this notion of switching org's is very intrusive. It just doesn't work. If someone makes a new post or shares a new file that you're a guest in, you don't get a notification. Third, if you're in a meeting and you need to look for a file that is in an org you're a Guest in, you're…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. switch org

I have two teams managed by separate O365 tenants. One set of folks from tenant A has been guest access to tenant B. However, as a member of tenant A there is no simple way to participate in both teams of A and B. I should be able to see the combined list of teams from both tenants from the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. can't connect to guest account in desktop version

When I try to switch to a guest account in Teams Desktop it prompts me for a login that I cannot change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Limit guest invitation functionality to specified users

If we currently want to be able to allow guest invitations for Teams we need to configure Azure AD as follows:
    Members can invite: Yes

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-dependencies

With that setting all tenant users are eligible to invite guests to the tenant. So how can we achieve to limit the guest invitation functionality to certain users?

We previously had configured the following:
    Members can invite must be set to: No
    Admins and users in the guest inviter role can invite: Yes

This resulted in being unable to add any guests to Teams even if the user was holding the guest inviter role.…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restrict Guest access in a certain Team to a domain

When collaborating in a Team with certain people it would be nice if you could limit adding guests based on their domain. For example, I create a Team to collaborate with Contoso, I want to be able to add only people with the contoso.com domain. This will prevent accidental mixing up of different companies in a single Team.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guest access expiry configuration

We would like to see some kind of configuration setting for guest access to expire after a specified period of time. Often times teams change and reorganize in a way that it may not be clear if a guest user still should have access. We work with contractors and consultants for a specified period of time and it would be beneficial for us to grant access to a contractor who might only be working with us for 6 months or so. When that contract is up then all access to Teams or any shared files is revoked. This would help…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can No Longer Connect as a Guest to an MS Teams Site (Caused by 1803 *** Update??)

Don't know if it has anything to do with the 6/27/18 Windows 1803 Cumulative Update, but after that update, I can no longer connect as a Guest to a Microsoft Teams site. Signing out, signing in, uninstalling the Teams app, reinstalling, signing out, signing in are all to no avail. I am signed in as a Microsoft Guest but if I click Manage Teams, I get the message that I am currently not a member of any teams. OTH, I can connect to the relevant MS Teams site just fine using the Android Teams app, post, LIKE posts, etc. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevent guest to view the member's email address

We known that guest cannot view the org of company, we also need to prevent guest to view the member's email address in Teams. It's a necessary security feature as well.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add external user to a team over Azure AD an not through guest invitation

Currently you have to activate the guest access option to add a guest user that has been created on Azure AD. It would very helpful to have this option without the guest access activated to avoid that every user could invite anyone to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow a keyboard control for guest user

I'd like to have the option to give a keyboard control to a guest user if the user have a Teams application installed. It worked a month ago but doesn't work anymore.
    It works ok on Skype for Business

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can not invite as an external user in the Office 365 groups if the UPN and primary SMTP address are different.

I want to invite people who are different from UPN and primary SMTP address as external user of Teams.
    However, UPN must be registered in the secondary SMTP address.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guest access profile edit

In Team when inviting a Guest from another organization, the guest shows up only as alias, making it difficult to identify them. The guest access invite should allow the guest to edit the profile to include a picture, or change the avatar name. If the guest is federated or has their own teams, then the profile should to the guest site.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Guest Comment and Upload Functionality in Teams

As of the latest update, Guest users have almost full functionality in planner and teams in terms of creating and editing tasks. However the 2 missing pieces of functionality are:
    -Guest Users Cannot add Comments to tasks.
    -Guest users cannot upload a file to tasks, they can only upload from a link or sharepoint.

Please add these functionalities.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow guests to create profiles (upload image, add title and organization)

Since this is a collaborative platform, it would be great to have more information about guests who join. Can we have images and title/organization for guests please?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mentions

when we @ mention guest in our tenant they do not recieve emails notifications when thery are mentioned in channels, and they have activated: Mentions / Personal mentions / Banner and email

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base