Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admins and Teams owner the ability to turn guest sharing on/off for selected Teams

Currently Guest Access seems to be either On or Off for all Teams, we need the ability to allow owners to turn it On or Off when needed to. Currently both SharePoint and O365 Groups have this ability. This feature will make sure that users/owners don't accidentally invite external users to Internal Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)

Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)
    Microsoft Case # 11945348

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. @Formsコマンドによるに簡易アンケートにゲストアカウントが回答できない

TeamsのChannel内投稿で、@Formsを利用して、
    簡易アンケートを作成した際に、回答者としてゲストアカウントが
    回答しようとすると、エラーが発生して回答できない。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Separate Teams Guests from SharePoint Guests

If we add guests to the Microsoft Team, this seems to add them to the Office 365 group with read/write access to the SP site as well. We want to be able to have a guest on the Team but not necessarily also be able to access the corresponding SharePoint site.

Adding guest to the Team adds that guest user to the corresponding office 365 group. If we have the office 365 group as a "member" on the SP site (allowing write access to SP) there is no way to make the "guests" in that group read only.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove 5 Guests Per user Limit

The limitation of 5 Guest access maximum per paying user is absurd : On one hand you provide Free TEAMS and on the other hand if we want to create Teams with many external people it is blocked. At least we should not have a limit for external users that are Office 365 User on another tenant as they already pay for teams!!! Otherwise please provide a GUEST subscription that we can buy for our guests. I don't understand this limitation as we can share document without limitation with everyone!!!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing tabs for Guests on Android

We have several teams with guests, and they are unable to see certain tabs (Wiki, Files, additional file libraries, Excel tabs, etc..) when using the Android app. These tabs appear when the guest is on a PC or an iOS device.

The only thing that is shown is 'Chat' and 'More'. 'More' contains some Web Link Tabs that have been created.

To get around this, I have obtained the SharePoint document library URL and added it as a 'Web Page Tab'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Guests to Share Screen

While guests can now join a Team meeting, there is no "promote to presenter" option to allow them to share their screen. Without this, I'm forced to fall back to Hangouts or Zoom.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy way to control which team can have guests

Today, enabling guest access is a tenant level setting and you don't get the option out of the box to control it. It would be nice if you can let an admin see the list of all teams and then have the ability to select a set of specific teams to be able to have the capability to add guests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ライブイベントに組織外のユーザも発表者として追加したい

社内主催のセミナーだったり、コミュニティの勉強会などで

開催場所の壁を取り払い、世界中から参加できるようなライブイベントをTeamsを使って実施したいのです。

既にライブイベントという機能でブロードキャスト可能ではありますが

組織外のユーザを発表者として招待できないため、発表者がどうしても組織内に限定されてしまいます。

Teams会議では組織外のユーザも発表者として参加させることができるので

ライブイベントでも同様のことができるようにしていただけないでしょうか?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add message when adding a user/guest when its complete.

When adding users/guests add a message saying its complete. Only thing it does now is the close button goes active. I can see this confusing people. It gives a message when it fails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. guest avatar inconsistent

I've figured out how to go to Azure Active Directory to add photos of our guests, which is cumbersome but helpful. What I don't understand is why their photo doesn't consistently appear alongside their name.

Seems like a glitch in the matrix to me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need Ability to Block Organization

I attempted to follow this documentation:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/leave-the-organization

However, I do not have this section either in my menu or profile.

I have an issue where my work email was added as a guest to another organization, but I do not want to accept their TOS nor participate in their Team. As a result, I am not joined to their organization, leaving me with no option to leave or block their organization from generating notifications in my Teams client or online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Conditional access for non-compliant devices or disable file download for guests

We use teams to collaborate with external vendors, and would like a way to restrict guest from downloading everything off of the sharepoint sites where files are stored.
    There is no way to restrict the data leakage for guests accounts, sometime like the exchange online / sharepoint online access for non compliant devices would be awesome way to get around this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guest user's icon change

Please make it possible to change the icon of the guest user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. federation

I need to connect teams with two of our subsidiary companies that are different tenants on Office365. We do NOT want to switch accounts using Guest Account feature on Teams. We want to stay on each tenants account and freely interact with trasted tenants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow guests to see avatars

It has been brought to my attention that guests can't see avatars at all. Please make this an option (or if one exists that I do not know of please tell me).

Related issue about letting them add their own avatars
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33931264-allow-guests-to-change-avatar-and-description

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add guidance in "add members" when guest access is not enabled

Currently when a user goes to add a member, there's no guidance or indication about adding guests by email address. This means it looks like Teams doesn't allow external guests.

It would be great if when guest access is switched off at the tenant level, there was a message under the member search bar saying "Want to add guests? Ask your IT admin to enable guests in Teams". Maybe this could have a link too?

This feature would prevent confusion over whether guests can be added for collaboration in Teams - many users don't know that this is possible and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide the e-mail adresses of guests

To be GDPR compliant we would like to hide the guests e-mail adresses by default in Teams.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. team licence for guest users

A low-cost licence to apply to any guest users, to give them access to Teams and OneDrive with sync, strictly within the context of Teams to which they belong. This could drive a middle-ground usage, for "power-user" guests that need more features, but without having to add them to our tenant or pay a full licence since a guest should not have a mailbox, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base