Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Team members to request any account to be added to a Team

Currently, Team members can only request an account from the organization to be added to the Team by the owner. The idea is, to extend this to Guest accounts on the tenant as well (who are not members of that specific Team, but another one).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set camera to “Off” for guest users joining a Teams meeting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ゲストユーザーが Teams 会議に参加する際のカメラオフの機能
    Set camera to “Off” for guest users joining a Teams meeting

■Description(内容):
    オ ンライン発表会などでゲストユーザーが Teams 会議に参加する場合がある。
    ゲストユーザーのみ、カメラをオフにする機能が必要。

There are times when guest users participate in Teams meetings for online presentations etc.
    We need a function that forces the camera to ‘Off’ only for guest users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. resend invitation to guest

Add functionality to resend an invitation to a guest. It is cumbersome to delete the account, wait some time (as you cannot repeat this immediately) then create the guest account again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unify (at least) the chat experience from different tenants

I do have my own company and therefore my own teams.
    I'm also invited to other tenants as a guest (e.g. Microsoft amongst others)

Today when I start a conversation with someone at e.g. Microsoft the chats start and remains in my own companies tenant and chat window
    But when someone at e.g. Microsoft starts a chat I need to switch to the other tenant to a; see the chat and b; answer the chat.
    --> so in my case it is a constant switching between tenants to see the chats

Solution: Unify the chats experience in one window and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see a setting that allows the invited tenants to control whether or not they can participate when they are invited from outs

(組織外から招待された場合に、招待された側のテナントで参加の可否を制御する設定が欲しい)

When invited as an external user, from outside the organization, it is up to the individual user to decide whether or not to participate.
    We would like to allow the tenants of the invited party to control whether they want to join or not.
    I would like to add a setting item that allows this.

組織外から、外部のユーザーとして招待された場合、参加するかどうかは個々のユーザーの判断に任させている。
    参加させたいかどうかを、招待された側のテナントで制御できるようにしたい。
    それができる設定項目を追加してほしい。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. inviting potential new customers to my teams meeting

Whenever I type in an email to invite someone to meeting that is not in some teams database it will not let me invite them. This is a serious restriction to its use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sharing/building whiteboards outside the organisation

It would be extremely useful to share Whiteboards with external parties. IS there plans to enable this? WHat are the timescales?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. About private calls with guest users

■Title(件名):
    ゲストユーザーとのプライベート通話について
    About private calls with guest users

■Description(内容):
    現状、通話ポリシーにて "プライベート通話を行う" に関しては、制御が可能であるが、ゲストユーザーとのプライベート通話のみ制御を実施できる機能の実装を希望します。

Currently in the calling policy, it is possible to restrict “Make private calls” functions, but please add a way to specifically restrict private calls with guest users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SECURITY RISK !!!! Extended chat access to external participants with Teams account and internal participants

BIG SECURITY RISK TO THE ENTERPRISE DUE TO THIS DESIGN!!!!!

Problem Statement: Extended chat access to external participants with Teams in their environment and internal participants, when one of the occurrence in the series meeting forwarded to participants.

Issue: When user forwards the one instance of the series meeting to internal participants or external participants with Teams in their environment, they will have access to the future meeting conversation from the moment they are added.

Note: Past chat is not visible but participants will have future chat access untill they are manually removed from the conversation.

Example:
    External participants with…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest Access Allow Attachments in Lists

Allow Guests to add attachments in LISTS app. Currently Guests are not allowed to add attachments to items in LISTS. So for instance, if I want a guest to attach a progress image of a project file we are working on, they can't add it to the list, yet they CAN attach to the FILES section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Removing Guests

Make a feature where you can remove guest accounts from your own easily accessible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. B2B to incorporate Azure Guest account sync to Yammer

Accounts that are sync out to 365 which are configure as guest in Azure AD with a federated domain for SSO in order to have control of their access and managed their account lifecycle does not currently sync properly in Yammer and does not treat the level of access as "guest". B2B only works when you invite external users as guest to your Yammer network communities but it does not support guest account type that's been set-up in Azure AD. This feature is really important specially for our use case and it would be great for this to be incorporated…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block the guest access on organization-wide while allowing the guest access to the certain team

I would like to block the guest access on organization-wide while allowing the guest access to only the certain team in Teams.
    Slack have similar settings, so it would be great if Teams would have the feature.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable meeting hosts to see which specific participant is typing in a group meeting.

As a teacher, it is difficult at the best of times to ensure that students are engaging when delivering a lesson remotely.
    When students are responding via chat, as most of them do as they don't like to unmute their mic and contribute, it is not possible to see them typing. This means that if a student is away from the computer, hasn't heard or simply isn't responding then the teacher/meeting host is sat there like a lemon waiting for a written response!
    If meeting hosts could see which individual participant was typing then they could allow time for messages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. breakout rooms

Enable guests using the "call me back" feature or only dialing into a Teams Meeting to be able to be moved into a breakout room.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to invite users in my tenant as external users

I want to invite users in my tenant as external users

■Title(件名):
    自テナント内のユーザーを、外部ユーザーとして招待したい

I want to invite users in my tenant as external users

Office 365 テナント内で使用している ドメインを使用している ユーザーのメールアドレスでも、外部アクセス扱いで、Teamsに招待できるようにしてほしい。
    現状、Office 365 テナント内で使用している ドメインを使用している メールアドレスを招待欄に入力しても、"一致するものが見つかりませんでした"と表示され、招待することができない。

I want his user's email address using his domain used within the Office 365 tenant to be treated as external access and invited to Teams.
    Currently, when I enter her email address using the domain used in the Office 365 tenant in the invitation field, "No matching was found" is displayed and I cannot invite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Teams work for cross company collaboration

Guest Access and External Access are basically useless features. Critical failures include:
    1. Severely limited functionality
    2. Need to keep logging-out and logging-in
    3. Notifications for Guest users are not obvious to the Guest

The above failings make Teams less useful than Skype for anyone who wants to collaborate with a person on a different domain.

Sort it out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Entrar a la llamada

No me gusta que sea la profesora quien nos acceda el permiso a entrar a la llamada, porque entonces no podemos hablar con los compañeros. Hoy veces en los que si se va la conexión no puedo volver a entrar en la llamada

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whitelisting domain in DLP policy

I want to exclude only certain domains from the DLP policy and have unlimited Teams chat.

I need a DLP policy, but I have a request to exclude only users in the go domain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base