Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When guest access is disabled in Teams, creating a new Team should disable external sharing in SharePoint site.

Imagine you Teams admin want to Teams to be secure and prohibit guest access in Teams, but allow your users to create their Teams by themselves and also allow external sharing in SharePoint sites other than Teams sites.

The problem is, when your users create a new Team, external sharing in SharePoint site is enabled and the users can invite new guests to the site and the guests can access files. This is what Teams admin don't like and may lead to a security issue,

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Enable external sharing (select 'New and existing guests') in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search for guest users

Search for Guest users who have already been invited to a Team and chat with them without being in the same Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Setting guest access in Microsoft Teams admin center

I would like to set guest access for per user in Microsoft Teams admin center.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please Improve External Sharing

I'm an admin for two partner companies that both have Office365 accounts for their respective companies. We used Skype for Business daily for communication and screen sharing between our companies. Skype for Business was easy: Click on a contact or contacts, share your screen.

Now with teams, we can not share easily our screen with external contacts (see screenshot) Not one on one, not in a group. Instead we have to create a team, add both internal and external contacts as a "guest". The external contact then has to switch profiles in team from their main account, to their "guest"…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow for outside e-mail addresses to be added to groups

Maybe I have not learned how to do this. But, I would like to add people to our Non Profit Society group. These people all have outside e-mail accounts, but are members of our society. Can I add these beople to a group in Teams? I have added them all to our Exchange Contacts and I have created a Bulk e-mail account for these people. I am able to e-mail all of these people using this e-mail account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guest Display Name

Please provide a more obvious signal to the Owner who is adding a guest - to designate the Display Name at the time of adding a Guest.

If you don't edit the guest account name (by clicking on that teeny-tiny little edit button on the guest's email address) before you click 'Add' - there is no way to edit the Guest's display name.

Gotta delete and re-add.

Would be nice for a little more signal to the owner that "Here is where you set the Guest's Display Name."

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After switching to another tenant in Teams, when returning to your own tenant, you will not be able to return to your own tenant normally

After switching to another tenant in Teams, when you return to your own tenant, we strongly request you to improve the function for the event that you cannot return to your own tenant. *

At the moment, the following events have occurred when switching from a guest account to a company account.

・ Presence is not displayed correctly

・ Past notifications arrive

We ask you to repair such an event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Office Login Support Help

Support for complete office .
    Office Login-Today we are discussing Microsoft Office which is a superb toolbox for the board of any information. Presently accessbility of microsoft office has been on the web. So to go office ,just login microsoft office. Office login is extremely basic advance through which you can get to your application online, for example, excel,doc,power point ,ondrive ,outlook,etc.
    Step by step instructions to Get office login Online.
    Step 1 Go to the Microsoft Official site and make new record at Microsoft .If unfit, Take help of help official to make account.
    Step 2
    Get username and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scheduling meetings as a guest

I'd like to be able, as a guest, to schedule a (recurring) meeting via Teams.

This would save me the trouble of having to work through multiple tools for setting up my (virtual) meetings and other collaboration activities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users.

Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users. Like the presence indicator in user profile picture. The reason is that users need to be aware if they are posting in a team where there may be external guest users. It is not easy to find out as a normal users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Obtaining access logs for the invited external tenant

Sometimes users are invited to an external tenant unintentionally, and I would like to avoid them to communicate with external users. Thus, I would like to obtain access logs for the users who are invited to external tenants.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TEAMS Guest access is NOT user friendly...please help

The current TEAMS is not user friendly for the purpose of bringing together a group of people from different organisations to collaborate. Too many issues getting them all on the same team and too many times they are denied entrance to the team. I believe teams can be the difference between a well manged process and a half-@$$ version. I have just decided to use Trello without the TEAMS to get to it. It is less difficult t0 access and still does everything I need it to do. But because we can't collaborate on the files its a problem. PLEASE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many alrea

since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many already have Office 365. Thus, we have, for example. 10 different organizations working on one channel. Now one company has 5 other construction sites, 5 other builders use the teams. Now this company has to change teams with every message. This is very complicated. Is there nothing better?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. endre navn på gjester

Ønsker å kunne endre navn på gjester, etter at de er lagt til i teamet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Heavy App and Inclusion limitations

Mobile App is sluggish.. First of all....
    As of now there is no ability to invite or let external people be involved in channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Guests to schedule Private and Channel meetings

We work with partners remotely who are just as much a part of our team as those who work for us. These partners are invited to our teams as guests and we would like them to be enabled to schedule meetings for the team. When we try to enable the switch for this it won't allow it so it must be an administratively prevented option.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. shift app

Allow to add guest access in shift app..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Solution for guests accounts with an organisation account without Office365 tenant to be able to login at teams.microsoft.com

I have created several guest accounts following the instructions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access

Basically,

1. Enabled Guest Access in Office365 Admin Center

2. Added guest account through Azure Active Directory

a. Guest account received email Azure AD "You're invited to the organization"

b. Guest follows the "Get Started" link in the email to create a password

1. Added guest to a Team through Microsoft Teams desktop application

a. Guest account received email Teams "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams"

b. Guest follows the "Open Microsoft Teams" link in the email to be sent to teams.microsoft.com

c. Guest is redirected to login.microsoftonline.com …

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

If anyone is still hitting this issue, please respond in the comments section of this topic and let me know!

Thanks!
    -Warren

20. Manage guest access for team-level from Microsoft Teams admin center

We need to use Azure Active Directory connected Windows PowerShell to perform guest access setting for each team in Microsoft Teams, which is a quite complex process.
    I would like you to enable team-level guest access control in Microsoft Teams admin center to easily manage guest access approval and blocking.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base