Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow guest users to open approvals in teams

Allow guste users to access approvals in Microsoft teams application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guest Access - Limit individual accounts to stop them messaging or calling

We are a Learning Disability provider, To help combat loneliness and any isolation caused by COVID19 we use Teams with our staff and the people we support we run workshops, quizzes, craft sessions, yoga, etc you name it we have something on 7 days a week.

This means we have a lot of guest in our Tenant, we have had some individuals messaging other guests/staff at unsociable hours and had requests to limit their abilities.

is it possible to restrict by user/individual what somebody can and cannot do, I have only seen org-wide settings for guests and we do not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams Give Control

It would be very helpful if you could please add the "Give Control" function to the "More Actions" drop down menu in TEAMS. This way it is available on the desktop app as well as on the Web version. Right now it is disappears too quickly as a floating box and is very difficult to find and is not available at all on the web version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams guest users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のゲスト ユーザーについて
    Teams guest users

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、自テナントのユーザーが他のテナントのゲストユーザーとして参加できないように制御する機能の拡充を要望いたします。

On Microsoft Teams, please add a way to prevent users from your own tenant from participating as guest users of another tenant.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow teachers to have a student view tab.

Elementary teachers especially will need to model for students what their screen will look like. Teachers having a "student view" will allow them to demonstrate what a student should expect to see on their end.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Function to identify/remove guest users who haven’t used a team for some time

■Title(件名):
    一定期間チームを利用していないゲスト ユーザーを自動で判別、削除する機能
    Function to identify/remove guest users who haven’t used a team for some time

■Description(内容):
    一定期間チームを利用していないゲスト ユーザーを自動で判別し、削除する機能の提供をお願いします。

Please add a function by which to identify/remove guest users who haven’t used a team for some time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow admins to manage users who are not invited the meeting and join the meeting by using the meeting URL

Currently, users who knows the meeting URL can join the meeting without any restriction even they are not invited. From management point of view, we believe that we should control attendees who would join the meeting via the meeting URL. So, it would be great if admins could have a feature to manage users who have joined in the meeting via the meeting URL.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. the feature is not running (Approval from a Domain to a guest User in a teams) over (PDA and Teams)

I have invitet any guests in my domain.Teams
    my teams has 10members and 10 guest

• now i have build a Sharpointsite based on the teamsdefintion with a Document-Bibliothek

-now i have build over Power-Automation several approval- Flows

• we want make approval with Teammembers and TeamGuest

• it's running over the web.outlook

but it's not running over
    - PDA.Powerautomation APS (IPAD, IPhone, ason)
    - Teams.Approvals

the Result of Teams.Approval are in the Attachement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Restrict guest participation in private meetings.

We are considering operation, only for team file sharing and channel meetings, which will be accessible to guests.

Private meetings where you want to limit your participation.
    In accordance with company regulations that need to be operated with strict policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow external (guest) to view shifts.

We have external clients who need to be aware of our shifts. Could it be possible to allow a view only of the shifts.
    The view in the mobile app would be best as this looks much cleaner and has less clutter to it.
    Making it sharp and clear for external clients who just want to view.
    Also could you add a guest into a shift as sometimes external workers may be required to fill a shift.
    Thanks

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to give control permissions to meeting attendees joining from the web version

■Title(件名):
    Teams会議にwebアクセスで参加するユーザに制御権限を渡せるようにしたい
    I want to be able to give control permissions to meeting attendees joining from the web version

■Description(内容):
    Teams会議中の画面共有時、ゲスト参加ユーザーに制御権限を渡すためには相互でデスクトップクライアントでの会議参加が必要ですが、開催者、参加者がウェブアクセスの場合でも制御の権限を渡せる機能の実装を要望します。

When sharing screens, in order to give control to users participating as guests you both need to be participating from the desktop client, but please make it possible to do this when one or both parties are participating from the web version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Guest interactive mouse clicking on Teams

Allow a feature for guest to be able to click on the screen shared by the precentor. The display output can be a small pop-up on the screen with the guest name displayed.
    Our business uses Teams to have technical discussion with a group while the presenter shares technical drawings. As a guest (any one that is not the presenter) I would like to click on a part of a drawing so that I can discuss details. This would eliminate the current solution of requesting the presenter to move their curser to identify what I am talking about. " Move…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize the guest invitation e-mail for a team (not meeting)

It would've been nice to be able to customize the e-mai which is sent out when I invite a guest (external) to at team in Microsoft Teams. In the Teams Admin portal I can customize a few minor attributes for the Meeting invitation, but not for the Team invitation.

As it is now, there is no way for the recipient to know which company sent the invitaton, as only the name for the team and the sender is specific - every other element of the e-mail is very "Microsoft specific".

A logo, privacy text, text or link to guidelines -…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guest user should be hidden from the search result

In our organization, guest should request if he wants to join a team, and he has to get manager approval before he gets added in a team by admin.
    However, once the guest got enrolled in AAD, the guest user will appear in the selection if a team owner tries to add a member in his team.
    The guest should be hidden from the user suggestion. Or guest user should be searched by full email address.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lobby

If anonymous users are in the lobby (e.g. joining by first name only), it would be good to have a feature that allows communicating with users waiting in the lobby for identification (e.g. ask them to provide additional informaiton who they are). At present, you only have accept/reject option.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. inter organization

Teams really falls on its face when you are a part of one organization but need to join a teams meeting in another. We've had no end of bugs, glitches, inconsistencies doing this. It would be really helpful if joining another orgs meeting just put you in as a guest, not some screwed up state where you can't message the others in the meeting. Even better! Support it! Let us join a group from our org to one of another's org.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Configure Guests permissions

I'm liking teams... but the fact that you can't configure Guests actions is just insane...
    Basically, I want my customers to be my guests... I've tried lists and Tasks apps, and it's just driving me crazy the fact that any guest can change anything... that's just not OK. I want my guests to be able to visualize (tasks, lists, folders), but I certainly do not want them to change anything.
    If you change this, I would certainly use Teams much more, and recommend it to all my customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About the display of the “Manage team” menu for guest users

■Title(件名):
    ゲストユーザーの "チームを管理メニュー" の表示について
    About the display of the “Manage team” menu for guest users

■Description(内容):
    現在、テナントに招待したゲストユーザーも "チームを管理" メニューを閲覧可能ですが、ゲストユーザーが "チームを管理" メニューから他のゲストユーザーのメールアドレスが閲覧できてしまうことを懸念しているため、ゲストユーザーに対して ”チームを管理” メニューを非表示にする機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, it is possible for guest users invited to a tenant to view the “Manage team” menu, but since this makes it possible for them to see mail addresses of other guest users, which is something we want to avoid, please add a way to hide this menu from guest users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. About the display of the “Manage team” menu for guest users

■Title(件名):
    ゲストユーザーの "チームを管理メニュー" の表示について
    About the display of the “Manage team” menu for guest users

■Description(内容):
    現在、テナントに招待したゲストユーザーも "チームを管理" メニューを閲覧可能ですが、ゲストユーザーが "チームを管理" メニューから他のゲストユーザーのメールアドレスが閲覧できてしまうことを懸念しているため、ゲストユーザーに対して ”チームを管理” メニューを非表示にする機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, it is possible for guest users invited to a tenant to view the “Manage team” menu, but since this makes it possible for them to see mail addresses of other guest users, which is something we want to avoid, please add a way to hide this menu from guest users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)