Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missed calls go to voicemail guest

Since Guest can't use voicemail in TEAMS, it would be nice to get message saying you can't let a message. Actually, when I call a Guest, the system take the message but do nothing with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Microsoft Stream for Public Viewing without being part of a Team Site

Using Microsoft Stream for Public Viewing without being part of a Team Site

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. keep my guest account ( for other organisation) and main account toogether

Hi
    Currently i have to always switch between two different teams environment : one is my organisation's teams and the second my clients 'team where i am as a guest. Could you please develop a feature where you can align those accounts into one, so the user will see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable participants to access meetings via web

Allow guests to join via the web, rather than have to download the app. It’s the biggest difference between zoom and teams and why out NHS service users still prefer zoom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guest user information changed in the Azure Active Directory admin center is not reflected in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Azure Active Directory 管理センターで変更したゲストユーザーの情報が Microsoft Teams に反映しない
    Guest user information changed in the Azure Active Directory admin center is not reflected in Teams

■Description(内容):
    Azure Active Directory 管理センターで変更したゲストユーザーの情報が Microsoft Teams に反映しないため改善を希望します。

Please fix the issue where guest user information that is changed in the Azure Active Directory admin center does not get reflected in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Decline invitations from other teams organizations/external tenants

if the user is added as a guest in another teams organization and even he did not accepted the invitation he still can see the additional account in Teams App from the organization in which he was invited.
    Please fix this, we need to have a option to simply decline the invitation from other teams organizations/external tenants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Communicate between organisations within Teams, problem of the guest status for the communication

One really useful feature would be to be somehow informed when someone from another organization of which we are guest, try to contact us. Extremely annoying to have to open every time the session of THE organization where we are guest to figure out that we have a messages or calls.
    I am the director of a technological plateform founded by two universities so when I want to create an team in the organization A, the colleague of the organization B are guest. On daily base these colleagues are connected to the organization B and do not see when I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams is difficult for guests

Hi all
    As a guest I was invited to an important meeting,
    I had to create a teams account using my Hotmail and specify a business name

Once I had created an account and installed teams there was no meeting tab where I could see and join my meeting, I just had to use the email link.

Also I'm aware that IT admins can create guest accounts in their Org but it's a lot of effort to do this for a single phone call.

As for how the meeting went, connecting via laptop and teams client my audio stopped working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to invite self to invites to enable access from other calendar accounts

Currently you can not invite anyone from your own domain to an invite meaning that
    a) you can not view the meeting outside of Outlook (eg. Google Calendar or other)
    b) you can not invite multiple email addresses from within your organisation unless they each have a ms teams account
    For small businesses / freelancers who may have multiple email addresses used by the same individual this is restrictive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove guest tab from the top of the app

The tab at the top shows me as a guest and I no longer need the access,

can it be removed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There should be a option for changing our name too

Many members in my team are not satisfied with ms teams because the admins don't write their correct names

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. By making it secure!!! By not sharing email addresses. Then we can use more of this as court hearings.

By making it secure!!! By not sharing email addresses. Then we can use more of this as court hearings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to set to stop sending invitation email to guest users

I would like to stop invitation email to all users.
    If the sugggestion is acsepted,I am very glad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please enable guest users to use only messaging and search features in team chats

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ゲストユーザーに対し、メッセージングと検索をチームチャットのみで有効とする機能について
    Please enable guest users to use only messaging and search features in team chats

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の現在の機能として、ゲストアクセスのチャットを有効とした場合、チームチャットの他、個人・グループチャットが利用可能な状態となるが、セキュリティの観点からチームチャットのみ利用をさせ、個人・グループチャットは禁止させたい。
    また、個人・グループチャットからゲストユーザーを検索できることも禁止したい。
    現時点でチームチャット、個人・グループチャットの制御をそれぞれに設定する機能が無いため、実装を希望します。
    As an existing Microsoft Teams feature, if guest access chat is enabled, team, private and group chats becomes usable, but from a security point of view we want to disable private and group chats and only allow team chat to be usable.
    In addition, we also hope to restrict the feature to search for guest users from private and group chats.
    Currently there is no feature to set control settings individually for team, private and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android/iOS: Cannot login to guest accounts created in AzureAD for a Teams organization

When creating a guest account, which shows up in AzureAD as a true Guest user, the user cannot login using Android or iOS teams apps. It just keeps failing and going back to the login screen.

Login to the web client works after being taken to a screen to choose a "domain" to log into which matches the guests' email domain.

Mobile apps fail completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow external (guest) to view shifts.

We have external clients who need to be aware of our shifts. Could it be possible to allow a view only of the shifts.
    The view in the mobile app would be best as this looks much cleaner and has less clutter to it.
    Making it sharp and clear for external clients who just want to view.
    Also could you add a guest into a shift as sometimes external workers may be required to fill a shift.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Очень неудобная настройка с внешними пользователями и не понятная.

Сделать проще и понятней соединение 2 организаций или внейн х фрии пользователей. Очень заморочено и применение настроек часами идет...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove Guest causing client issues

The process to remove a guest user from AAD is terrible, the recommendation is to ask for guest user to get out themselves, I can't just remove it from AAD, when I do it the guest user have a big and inaceptable problem in client side, when this user try to switch to guest account that was removed in AAD the client start to show issue and when I restart the client it start a loop opening and closing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize the guest invitation e-mail for a team (not meeting)

It would've been nice to be able to customize the e-mai which is sent out when I invite a guest (external) to at team in Microsoft Teams. In the Teams Admin portal I can customize a few minor attributes for the Meeting invitation, but not for the Team invitation.

As it is now, there is no way for the recipient to know which company sent the invitaton, as only the name for the team and the sender is specific - every other element of the e-mail is very "Microsoft specific".

A logo, privacy text, text or link to guidelines -…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base