Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share screen: only relevant channels (no visibility on other channels)

Great feature to share screen with guest users when chatting and looking at things... but how bad that they must see all my channels when I share my Teams? There really is a need to only show the actual channel and the information in that channel with your external guests, no need for them to see all my Team pages and other channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide admin option to default guest access to false

The existing guidance in https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918 to allow guest access, but block from specific teams is good, but also needs an 'opposite' option.

It would be ideal (due to regulations we have to follow) to provide a way to default guest access to off, but then allow teams that have been guest enabled to work as they do currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Group UserVoice ideas about Guest access for Teams into one or two threads

Guest access is critical to the success of Teams.

There is far too much duplication in UserVoice for the same ideas.

Every organisation works with external users as part of their team and many are members of existing Office organisation, so Guests should have the same functionality as Members.

With the ability for Admins to switch off functionality where not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support ticket - cannot add member to teams

Please help to solve - I cannot add member to teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Missing tabs for Guests on Android

We have several teams with guests, and they are unable to see certain tabs (Wiki, Files, additional file libraries, Excel tabs, etc..) when using the Android app. These tabs appear when the guest is on a PC or an iOS device.

The only thing that is shown is 'Chat' and 'More'. 'More' contains some Web Link Tabs that have been created.

To get around this, I have obtained the SharePoint document library URL and added it as a 'Web Page Tab'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guest access

Hi
    This is not an idea this is feedback on how Microsoft Teams works. When you tell subscribers they can provide guest access to your apps (Microsoft Teams) I suggest you do not hide the limitation. You should have also announced that there is a limit of 5 Guest accounts per licensed user. This would have made it much easier to assess the usefulness of the change to your subscribers. Which is pretty much none. It is frustrating to start planning business processes around an app like Teams to find the limitation makes it worthless for the business process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enklere inkludering av eksterne team medlemmer

Det må bli veldig nye enklere å invitere eksterne aktører, også samarbeidspartnere uten office 365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need Ability to Block Organization

I attempted to follow this documentation:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/leave-the-organization

However, I do not have this section either in my menu or profile.

I have an issue where my work email was added as a guest to another organization, but I do not want to accept their TOS nor participate in their Team. As a result, I am not joined to their organization, leaving me with no option to leave or block their organization from generating notifications in my Teams client or online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share the url link of a chat with guest member

I want to share the URL link of the chat with guest member.
    like the URL link of the team.

Scenario:
    - Send the URL link of the chat to guest members

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Product Not usable

Again, MS has done a very poor job with Teams. No one thinks over there at MS and everyone seems to develop everything Half A$$

Using Skype for business All contacts including other Skype contacts that are not Skype for business are able to be communicated with.

Teams sucks, as it is a Silo and does not allow chatting with any other Skype users except for business.

It is extremely buggy when moving to teams only as no contacts or favorites are carried over and you are forcing everyone to re-setup everything all over again.

You loose all call logs…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. team licence for guest users

A low-cost licence to apply to any guest users, to give them access to Teams and OneDrive with sync, strictly within the context of Teams to which they belong. This could drive a middle-ground usage, for "power-user" guests that need more features, but without having to add them to our tenant or pay a full licence since a guest should not have a mailbox, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow a keyboard control for guest user

I'd like to have the option to give a keyboard control to a guest user if the user have a Teams application installed. It worked a month ago but doesn't work anymore.
    It works ok on Skype for Business

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How can i remove the organization that I no longer have access to as a guest?

How can i remove the organization that I no longer have access to as a guest? I hope the Teams app has the ability to retire from the specified organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. guest invitation URL simplification

We often have people who will need to enter a URL manually to join a meeting (from outside our company). Having a more human-input-friendly version of the invite URL would be greatly beneficial.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow guests to create profiles (upload image, add title and organization)

Since this is a collaborative platform, it would be great to have more information about guests who join. Can we have images and title/organization for guests please?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. B2B Chat and Calling

I have invite guest users to a team. If i now contact the user from Search Teams offer me the Guest invited User located in my tenner so I can only contact the user when he is switched to my teams tenant. If he is not active he is showed as offline.

Please can you change the behaviour? Maybe I can select external or internal communication when I found it in search line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. B2B Chat and Calling

I have invite guest users to a team. If i now contact the user from Search Teams offer me the Guest invited User located in my tenner so I can only contact the user when he is switched to my teams tenant. If he is not active he is showed as offline.

Please can you change the behaviour? Maybe I can select external or internal communication when I found it in search line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base