Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to only allow existing guest accounts to be added

In SharePoint, sites can have the following setting:

"This site can only be shared with existing external users who sign in"

Unfortunately, this setting has no effect on the Team above this site - you can still add new users.

Especially when you're using a controlled invitation/approval process (via the Azure B2B) you don't want your end users to be able to add new guest users via the "Add member" button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prohibit to add guest users

I would like you to implement a feature that can prohibit to add guest users by default when a user creates a team while only specific team can add guest users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restrict Guest access in a certain Team to a domain

When collaborating in a Team with certain people it would be nice if you could limit adding guests based on their domain. For example, I create a Team to collaborate with Contoso, I want to be able to add only people with the contoso.com domain. This will prevent accidental mixing up of different companies in a single Team.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. guest add tab to channel

Have option to allow guests to create tabs in a channel. Guest already have access to add channels, if enabled, but can't add tabs.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Not having to switch between different team logins

Going from Skype to Teams I run into the problem that external Team guests have to switch to our organization Team in order to get our messages. In Skype this is transparent and once you have connected you can have a direct chat without having to switch to another team login. Today we cannot trust the external guests to see our messages otherwise. Why can't Teams work as Skype - whithout the switching? Until Teams is as transparent as Skype is, we cannot fully use it in the organization and will have to keep using Skype and Slack.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eliminate "Context" Switching from Guest Feature

The new guest feature is a great start, but it feels more like a bolt-on than a core part of the experience. I'd like to see you be able to converse/collaborate as a guest in other organizations without needing to switch between tenants.

Each context switch takes several seconds and is disruptive, I know I'm being picky here, but I believe this would help keep the end user experience smooth and drive adoption.

Thanks!

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. QR scan or location basis for Guest-join feature

Guest-join feature must easy as an instant! Study applications like WeChat, Whatsapp, etc inviting guest through their cellphone number or QR code or email address as an account name. Microsoft Teams should focus on Industrial level of social networking, where is secure, traceable record, and easy to use!
    Adding business partners can be as easy as 1, 2, 3. Open Teams, open Scan/QR code, send invitation.
    Unique device login. Only one device logs in at one time. To login on tablet or computers, must confirm on cellphone or email for security. Close to quit the software.
    Group. Instead of Sub-group,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let guests change their name and icon

Seriously ridiculous that I have my full email on display and I can’t even change my name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enabling Guest access

We need to enable guest access for teams. But We dont need to enable external access for all the team users. Insted we need only to give this permission to specific users only Or we need to give external access permission to specific Teams through admin portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to be able to access the link to the team from the android mobile app...

Need to be able to access the link to the team from the android mobile app...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chat with users from other tenants/organizations

I would like to have option to find people from other organizations/tenants and chat with them.
    1/ Teams user to teams user.
    2/ Teams user to Skype for Business user.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. identify external

Provide Visual indicator in Team Name that external users have access.
    This could be as simple as changing the banner under the team name to a light orange if there are any external users who have been invited, but leave the banner alone if the team only includes internal users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guest Display Name

How do you change the Display name of a guest AFTER the invitation is sent? There must be an easier way than this:

http://lynciverse.blogspot.nl/2017/09/how-to-change-display-name-of-guest-in.html?m=1

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. guest acount lifecycle management

The pool of guest accounts grows quickly with temporary accounts. For GDPR, but also for housekeeping, a function for guest account lifecycle management is needed, where guest confirm the continued usage or delete of the account. A similar feature is in for access review - for the group / team membership. Similar feature is required for the account as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide central management for Guests invited in Teams

Current for guests invited in Teams, we can see a Guest contacts will be created in O365 Admin Portal --> Users --> Guest users. However, there is no detailed information showing who invited the Guest, which Teams group this Guest belongs to and there is no easy way to manage these Guests accordingly.

We would like to have central management feature for Guest users created in Teams.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why not make a product that thinks about its users?

In order to have a platform that people find useful and enjoy using, why not make Guest Access configuration easy.

Why would you produce a 1665 page user guide that has unreliable interactivity from its contents page, but has NO PAGE NUMBERS? That must have been designed by an idiot.

Then to make things even less user friendly and unenjoyable you create a series of video guides featuring this gem:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/vaJRRSjBxxY
    50 minutes of BS.

I'm going back to Podio. Easy to configure, easy to use, and I don't have to waste half ,y day wading through user materials designed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base