Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to add a guest when using the "Meet Now" feature

Currently you cannot add a guest to a meeting if you started the meeting with the "meet now" feature. Please allow this ability.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better integration with Guest accounts

Several team members who access via guest accounts have been experiencing frequent and persistent issues being able to connect to teams and access content. I would like to see a better user experience for guest users and more information to them (better error messages) when they are denied access on how to remediate.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security controls on teams invitaion. From external domains

To day we can whitelist domains to send invitations to external parties to collaborate in teams . Where as when other external domain user ex :xyz .com sent a guest access to abc.com user there are no security controls at tenant level to prevent user to switch to external tenants in teams , since user collaboration is stored in other company tenants it’s a gap for legal to track the content in any case of legal holds .
    It would be good if whitelisting capabilities for such scenarios or store a copy of abc.com user (only) conversations or files in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. List guest teams like Yammer

Instead of having to select tenant, pls have all teams in one list and mark those in other tenants with a globe. Much like Yammer.

Also have notifications displayed in the same manner. I.e one experience for everybody with no need to switch tenants.

It would give everybody a clearer and easier way of keeping track of all your teams, no matter of where they reside.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add external user to a team over Azure AD an not through guest invitation

Currently you have to activate the guest access option to add a guest user that has been created on Azure AD. It would very helpful to have this option without the guest access activated to avoid that every user could invite anyone to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. chat with guest

How can I have a private chat with guest user in Teams, without inviting him/her into specific team?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prohibit access for guests except for Microsoft Teams

Requesting for implement a feature that permits guest accesses only for Microsoft Teams. Also, I want a feature that permits guest access for specific users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Maken guest acces possible on a per Team basis. I want guest access, but not for all teams

ik want to be able to enable guest acces per team. just like you can per SharePoint SiteCollection.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More control over guest user interaction

We are using Teams as a project management tool and primarily with guest users/accounts. In many cases our guest users are likely not using Teams for any other purpose other than interacting with us on our projects. With that in mind:

It would be nice to have greater control over the default notification settings for guest users. Since our guest users aren’t normally using Teams as part of their daily workflow we need them to receive email notifications for any type of update in Teams to direct their attention to the app. And, in most cases, I would like an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow external users to use the Teams mobile app

I would like that my guests are able to use the Teams app too, since that really would allow all team members to have the full experience of teams and be able to collaborate faster. This not being available means all external users are tied to their computers to collaborate with people in my organization, and that limits this service a lot. Please vote if you feel the same way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove the need to flip between accounts

I suggest removing the need to flip between accounts to see news feed, chat, teams and channels for each account. Once you're logged to all your accounts you should be able to see all of these from the same area regardless what account they're part of. Flipping between accounts to see these things is inefficient and also is problematic with notifications.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. customisable email invite for guests

Is it possible to customise the email template that is sent to guest when they are added to a team?

for example, if we wanted to add in a sentence about our company's acceptable use policy, or something to adhere too?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trying to add an external member to the team results in error: "You are not authorized"

Microsoft Teams indicates that I can add external members: "You can also add people outside your organization as guests by typing their email addresses.". However, when I try to add an external member with an Office 365 work account, I get an error message "You are not authorized".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hi, as a GUEST in a team, i can't put buy photo profile.

It will be cool tho have the option to upload my photo profile to my GUEST account, not just my name.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the conversations Newest on top, or at least provide th eoption

I shouldn't have to subscribe to a post to vote on it. I just want to add my two cents. I don't need MORE email with comments on the post that often are not germane to the discussion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Member of organisation can't acces team because of wrond Office version

I have added several of our consultants with their @company address, but some of them don't have the right Office version so they can't acces MS Teams. Because they have a @company address, they can't access as a guest also...

How to solve this problem?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Do not allow adding guests to a Team from people picker if guest access is disabled

When guest access is disabled for Microsoft Teams, do not allow the ability for members to add a Guest. This option is disabled by default and can be viewed/activated by going to:

Admin Center -> Settings -> Services & add-ins -> Microsoft Teams -> Settings by user/license type

This is a source of confusion for end users because it allows members to specify a guest user by email address in the people picker control. The Teams application then proceeds to sends the email to the guest user, only to have the guest not be able to view the Team after…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)