Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View the external team in my own tenant that I’m participating as a guest

We have to switch between tenants when accessing the external team, and there is some business impact.
    So, it would be great to have a feature that can view the external team that I’m participating as a guest in own tenant screen.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow guests to upload/change their photo

Make an easier process for guests to add/change their photo as they wish. Face recognition is so important for collaboration!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix Google Login Issue (google IDP)

Given Google IDP support is already enabled with Azure AD such that we can add Google accounts as Guests to the Azure AD, and those uses can be added as Guests to Teams, it would now be good to close the loop such that they can actually log into the Teams Client.

Given above, the Teams login does redirect the the Google Authentication provider and seem to authenticate the credentials, but then crashes when thieving the set up the Teams Client main window (on MacOS and iOS anyways).

Its so close to being useful...

Per other web searches it believed…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eliminate need for Teams app download for guest access

Regarding the Teams app, we see that you are enabling guest access in more simplified ways. That is very helpful.

However, we are interested in using Teams for prospecting new clients and find it cumbersome to request that they download the Teams App. Is MS planning on a future model where there is an online version of Teams for guest users that does not require a download for guest users?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Missing tabs for Guests on Android

We have several teams with guests, and they are unable to see certain tabs (Wiki, Files, additional file libraries, Excel tabs, etc..) when using the Android app. These tabs appear when the guest is on a PC or an iOS device.

The only thing that is shown is 'Chat' and 'More'. 'More' contains some Web Link Tabs that have been created.

To get around this, I have obtained the SharePoint document library URL and added it as a 'Web Page Tab'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need Ability to Block Organization

I attempted to follow this documentation:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/leave-the-organization

However, I do not have this section either in my menu or profile.

I have an issue where my work email was added as a guest to another organization, but I do not want to accept their TOS nor participate in their Team. As a result, I am not joined to their organization, leaving me with no option to leave or block their organization from generating notifications in my Teams client or online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. guest user's icon change

Please make it possible to change the icon of the guest user.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Security controls on teams invitaion. From external domains

To day we can whitelist domains to send invitations to external parties to collaborate in teams . Where as when other external domain user ex :xyz .com sent a guest access to abc.com user there are no security controls at tenant level to prevent user to switch to external tenants in teams , since user collaboration is stored in other company tenants it’s a gap for legal to track the content in any case of legal holds .
    It would be good if whitelisting capabilities for such scenarios or store a copy of abc.com user (only) conversations or files in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add Skype users without Office365

we need to allow guest access for anyone on the Skype network for this to be fully capable true unification

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Obtaining chat logs of users who are invited to external tenant

Sometimes users are invited to an external tenant, and I would like to know their communication with external users. Thus, I would like to obtain chat logs of the users who are invited to external tenants.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Team members to request any account to be added to a Team

Currently, Team members can only request an account from the organization to be added to the Team by the owner. The idea is, to extend this to Guest accounts on the tenant as well (who are not members of that specific Team, but another one).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restricted Guest Permissions/Viewing Access

Restrict Teams Guests to only see specific assigned channels that are not private, instead of them being able to view all channels that are not private. This is a critical privacy issue!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I hope to be able to set different feature restrictions for each guest user.

Currently, guest users can be functionally restricted only by organization-wide settings.
    I hope to be able to set different feature restrictions for each guest user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SECURITY RISK !!!! Extended chat access to external participants with Teams account and internal participants

BIG SECURITY RISK TO THE ENTERPRISE DUE TO THIS DESIGN!!!!!

Problem Statement: Extended chat access to external participants with Teams in their environment and internal participants, when one of the occurrence in the series meeting forwarded to participants.

Issue: When user forwards the one instance of the series meeting to internal participants or external participants with Teams in their environment, they will have access to the future meeting conversation from the moment they are added.

Note: Past chat is not visible but participants will have future chat access untill they are manually removed from the conversation.

Example:
    External participants with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow tenants to define the role of a guest

At the moment, guest accounts can't do anything except chat in channels they were invited in / calls, regardless of what type of license they were assigned.

Some basic things for guests (that could be enabled by admins):
    - share files (even if restricted somehow) at least in private chats
    - maintain a contact list
    - be upgradeable without loss of history
    - become owners of channels if made so by tenant accounts

Since Teams desktop doesn't allow even switching between tenants, a common workaround is to login as a tenant and then be added as a guest to others…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deny access to Teams desktop client using personal accounts

Is there a way to deny access to Teams desktop client using personal accounts? I mean only allow users to sign-in to Teams only with organization accounts!
    I create a conditional access to block access to Teams assigned to guest and external users but it didn't work!
    Currently, users can access teams with personal accounts and can send sensitive information and documents

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Block anonymous users from sending/receiving/downloading the image in the chat

It would be great if admins could block anonymous users from sending/receiving/downloading the image in the chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base