Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prohibit access for guests except for Microsoft Teams

Requesting for implement a feature that permits guest accesses only for Microsoft Teams. Also, I want a feature that permits guest access for specific users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to popup an agreement form that needs to be signed when a guest user joins a team

Allow for a possibility to pop up an agreement form or for example an NDA form that the guest has to sign before being allowed to join a team as a guest

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add better visabilty for Guest access

The visability to teams where I act as guest has rooms for some improvements.
    Instead of adding the external teams in the top right I would l like to add them to the teams panel like I can add more accounts in Outlook. In that case the guest users will have a much better visability to the external teams they are connected to. To make it clear you could add a the tenant name into parenteces.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Member of organisation can't acces team because of wrond Office version

I have added several of our consultants with their @company address, but some of them don't have the right Office version so they can't acces MS Teams. Because they have a @company address, they can't access as a guest also...

How to solve this problem?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest users are not shown in the list of participants

There are currently 2 participants in the meeting: Tallinn Videolab 1 (me) and a guest (my other PC, using Teams on Web). I can see the guest's camera image, but I cannot see his name (see the screenshot). The list of participants looks like I was the only one in the meeting, which is not true.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Invite external users (guests) during MS Teams meeting

Currently, organizers can only invite organization-affiliated members to join the meeting *while the meeting is running*. For external users, you have to copy the meeting link, paste it into an email and send it. This is very inconvenient. It would be good to permit (like you can in the invite to the meeting) simply type the email addresses of extenal users while being in a meeting to also invite them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lobby

If anonymous users are in the lobby (e.g. joining by first name only), it would be good to have a feature that allows communicating with users waiting in the lobby for identification (e.g. ask them to provide additional informaiton who they are). At present, you only have accept/reject option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide internal user presences of a tenant which invites a guest user from Outlook client for the guest

In Teams, if a guest user is signing in to a tenant whose invited in, the internal user presences of the tenant are shown in the guest user’s Outlook client. However, for the security reason, we don’t want the guest user to see the internal presences and would like to have a feature to hide the user presences of the tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest invitation only for specific domains

I would like to be able to configure the settings to allow guest invitations only to specific domains using the GUI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Resolve Guests, Contacts and Mail Users conflicts

Currently if you want a contact (to add to Distribution Lists) a mail user (to allow the external user to have an alias in this tenant) and a guest (to allow SP/Teams access from their external account, you have to create these in the right order, i.e. contact then guest then mail user.

Whilst I understand the complexity at the back end, we really should remove this conflicting between guests and other object types, and the service should resolve those issues itself.

It is clearly acceptable to have all three objects, so it should allow them to be created in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Labelling guests dialing in from phone

When you have folks/guests with cell phones join in the call, the user should be able to label the cell phone with the person's name and secondly, Teams should remember that label for when the caller dials in again in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I add 50 guests to a team without adding one-by-one?

How can I add 50 guests to a team without adding one-by-one?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A feature to manage teams where specific users can join

Regardless with “private” or “public” teams, it would be great that we could manage teams where specific internal users can join.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changing the UPN of a guest user is not reflected.

In the tenant who invited the guest, changing the UPN does not change in the Teams app.

Although it seems to be a display only, it should be changed so as not to confuse the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to allow Guest user to create new teams & create meetings, and have all the rights as regular user in the MS Teams.

Ability to allow Guest user to create new teams & create meetings, and have all the rights as regular user in the MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. shift app

Allow to add guest access in shift app..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow B2B users with usertype member

We have 2 tenants, 1 tenant for USA stores and 1 tenant for Canada stores, both are separate tenants.

To collaborate on a frequent basis, we added few USA stores users in the Canada stores tenant as B2B users

B2B users get the error "You don't have access to the org in Teams. Select another org, or contact your admin for more details" when a B2B user, with user type of member, try to switch to another org in Teams.

B2B users, with user type of member, need to have a Microsoft Teams license assigned in the guess tenant as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.