Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give acces to "Folder" search to guest members

When guests uses the research bar on teams, they can only look into members or conversations. As real members we can also look into folder. This option could be really great for guest !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unable to add people to the free teams

I have signed for the Free version of Teams using my personal Microsoft account and I am unable to add people to a Team or to my Org in the Free version of Teams. When trying to invite someone I get an error that says "We're having trouble sending the invitations. Please try again later". No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. I even created a new Free-Teams account and got the same result with that one too. Please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add external user to a team over Azure AD an not through guest invitation

Currently you have to activate the guest access option to add a guest user that has been created on Azure AD. It would very helpful to have this option without the guest access activated to avoid that every user could invite anyone to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Prohibit access for guests except for Microsoft Teams

Requesting for implement a feature that permits guest accesses only for Microsoft Teams. Also, I want a feature that permits guest access for specific users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to popup an agreement form that needs to be signed when a guest user joins a team

Allow for a possibility to pop up an agreement form or for example an NDA form that the guest has to sign before being allowed to join a team as a guest

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add better visabilty for Guest access

The visability to teams where I act as guest has rooms for some improvements.
    Instead of adding the external teams in the top right I would l like to add them to the teams panel like I can add more accounts in Outlook. In that case the guest users will have a much better visability to the external teams they are connected to. To make it clear you could add a the tenant name into parenteces.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Member of organisation can't acces team because of wrond Office version

I have added several of our consultants with their @company address, but some of them don't have the right Office version so they can't acces MS Teams. Because they have a @company address, they can't access as a guest also...

How to solve this problem?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the conversations Newest on top, or at least provide th eoption

I shouldn't have to subscribe to a post to vote on it. I just want to add my two cents. I don't need MORE email with comments on the post that often are not germane to the discussion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest users are not shown in the list of participants

There are currently 2 participants in the meeting: Tallinn Videolab 1 (me) and a guest (my other PC, using Teams on Web). I can see the guest's camera image, but I cannot see his name (see the screenshot). The list of participants looks like I was the only one in the meeting, which is not true.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enhance Guest Invite authentication to recognize disabled aliases under a Microsoft account

Microsoft Teams Guest invites should work for any email address that belongs to a Microsoft account, regardless of whether or not that email address is an active / primary alias for the account.

I recently received a guest invite from a former employer on my personal email address. The email address that recieved this remains my primary email, but i disabled it as a login alias to stop hackers from trying to breach my account. As a result, I am unable to accept the Teams guest invitation, as this email address is not an active alias, despite the fact that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest configuration per user

Tenant admin can enable/disable some features for guest users in tenant-wide guest configuration now. I want feature to control these settings per guest users.
    For example, I want to enable private call for guest-A, but don't for guest-B.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let guests change their name and icon

Seriously ridiculous that I have my full email on display and I can’t even change my name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upload Multiple user profiles

Need to be able to link using AD, LDAP, Exchange, pull from my address book and Upload Multiple user profiles at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. a guest should be able to use teams without needing an account

1. make it possible to easily establish "trust" relationships between Azure AD and Windows AD, so it will be possible to pick users from the "trusted" Windows AD and make them guests. Could be a light version of the normal trust, just enough so customers can get easy access. After the "trust" is established and a remote user is added, that user should get a mail (message) with a link. Clicking that link should bring the user straight into the online version of teams, at the right place and the right view. No questions, no prompts or anything else should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lack of retention and controls for users when they guest into other tenant

When our Teams users guest into another company's tenant, our tenant doesn't capture the eComms for private or channel chats and channel files viewed, edited, or shared which could present compliance, retention, auditing and legal issues.Retaining that data , providing audit logs showing who guested into which tenants when, being able to disable our users ability to guest into other company's tenants and being able to configure whitelists of allowable tenants for our users to guest into along with graph apis for pulling the captured retention data is a must have,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When guest access is disabled in Teams, creating a new Team should disable external sharing in SharePoint site.

Imagine you Teams admin want to Teams to be secure and prohibit guest access in Teams, but allow your users to create their Teams by themselves and also allow external sharing in SharePoint sites other than Teams sites.

The problem is, when your users create a new Team, external sharing in SharePoint site is enabled and the users can invite new guests to the site and the guests can access files. This is what Teams admin don't like and may lead to a security issue,

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Enable external sharing (select 'New and existing guests') in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. enable multiple sign in from different companies domain

As a director of the company group with two sub-companies, changing from google to microsoft makes a big fuzz. I used to have one account that can communicate through both company with hangout and collaboration office app on google drive; now I need to have additional accounts for each company domain in order to use work with others on Teams, SharePoint, etc. Worsen than that, I cannot use two accounts at the same time, not even on different tab of the browser. Having to signing out and in all the time is not smart at all. Microsoft is so far…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please Improve External Sharing

I'm an admin for two partner companies that both have Office365 accounts for their respective companies. We used Skype for Business daily for communication and screen sharing between our companies. Skype for Business was easy: Click on a contact or contacts, share your screen.

Now with teams, we can not share easily our screen with external contacts (see screenshot) Not one on one, not in a group. Instead we have to create a team, add both internal and external contacts as a "guest". The external contact then has to switch profiles in team from their main account, to their "guest"…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the external user integration

Se cant create chats with external users, as easy as is was in skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.