Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get it to work

A customer setup a meeting using MS Teams. I usually use Firefox, which is what I opened the link with. The only option presented was to download the disktop app. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect to the customer's meeting.

If tried IE, but it only offered to download the app again.

Tried Edge, it was able to start a session and connect. But wasn't able to find a microphone to connect.

I was able to listen to the meeting, but had to type messages to other team mates to provide information and ideas.

What a hindrance! Next time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After directly inviting guest users to a team on Microsoft Teams or registering guest users on Azure AD, using PowerShell to check if those

When you invite external users to the team or add them to Azure AD as guest, it takes time for those users’ information to be reflected in the Microsoft Teams directory. So it would be helpful if I can use PowerShell to check whether those users are added to the directory or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. identify external

Provide Visual indicator in Team Name that external users have access.
    This could be as simple as changing the banner under the team name to a light orange if there are any external users who have been invited, but leave the banner alone if the team only includes internal users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide admin option to default guest access to false

The existing guidance in https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918 to allow guest access, but block from specific teams is good, but also needs an 'opposite' option.

It would be ideal (due to regulations we have to follow) to provide a way to default guest access to off, but then allow teams that have been guest enabled to work as they do currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Google Login Issue (google IDP)

Given Google IDP support is already enabled with Azure AD such that we can add Google accounts as Guests to the Azure AD, and those uses can be added as Guests to Teams, it would now be good to close the loop such that they can actually log into the Teams Client.

Given above, the Teams login does redirect the the Google Authentication provider and seem to authenticate the credentials, but then crashes when thieving the set up the Teams Client main window (on MacOS and iOS anyways).

Its so close to being useful...

Per other web searches it believed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest access

Hi
    This is not an idea this is feedback on how Microsoft Teams works. When you tell subscribers they can provide guest access to your apps (Microsoft Teams) I suggest you do not hide the limitation. You should have also announced that there is a limit of 5 Guest accounts per licensed user. This would have made it much easier to assess the usefulness of the change to your subscribers. Which is pretty much none. It is frustrating to start planning business processes around an app like Teams to find the limitation makes it worthless for the business process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eliminate need for Teams app download for guest access

Regarding the Teams app, we see that you are enabling guest access in more simplified ways. That is very helpful.

However, we are interested in using Teams for prospecting new clients and find it cumbersome to request that they download the Teams App. Is MS planning on a future model where there is an online version of Teams for guest users that does not require a download for guest users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest Access in an Educational Setting

Below are a few items I'm looking for feedback or suggestions on.

1. Ability to create a class code to only allow visibility to the assignments page ... OR ... Have a check box under "guest permissions" where I can allow visibility to that page for parents / instructional assistants.

2. Ability to block a student from seeing another students post under "conversations" until they post?

3. Grade Syncing? Ability to sync grades with Skyward grading system?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow admins and Teams owner the ability to turn guest sharing on/off for selected Teams

Currently Guest Access seems to be either On or Off for all Teams, we need the ability to allow owners to turn it On or Off when needed to. Currently both SharePoint and O365 Groups have this ability. This feature will make sure that users/owners don't accidentally invite external users to Internal Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)

Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)
    Microsoft Case # 11945348

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easy way to control which team can have guests

Today, enabling guest access is a tenant level setting and you don't get the option out of the box to control it. It would be nice if you can let an admin see the list of all teams and then have the ability to select a set of specific teams to be able to have the capability to add guests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guest avatar inconsistent

I've figured out how to go to Azure Active Directory to add photos of our guests, which is cumbersome but helpful. What I don't understand is why their photo doesn't consistently appear alongside their name.

Seems like a glitch in the matrix to me

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. guest user's icon change

Please make it possible to change the icon of the guest user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. federation

I need to connect teams with two of our subsidiary companies that are different tenants on Office365. We do NOT want to switch accounts using Guest Account feature on Teams. We want to stay on each tenants account and freely interact with trasted tenants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give acces to "Folder" search to guest members

When guests uses the research bar on teams, they can only look into members or conversations. As real members we can also look into folder. This option could be really great for guest !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add external user to a team over Azure AD an not through guest invitation

Currently you have to activate the guest access option to add a guest user that has been created on Azure AD. It would very helpful to have this option without the guest access activated to avoid that every user could invite anyone to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prohibit access for guests except for Microsoft Teams

Requesting for implement a feature that permits guest accesses only for Microsoft Teams. Also, I want a feature that permits guest access for specific users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.