Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App.

I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App rather than having to switch views

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Flesh out the external user feature by supporting additional information for those users, such as name, title, location, contact info, etc.

Currently, outside users (guests) reflect only the email address used to add them to the Teams site. Need more info, such as actual user name, company/location, contact info if we're going to communicate and collaborate effectively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for outside e-mail addresses to be added to groups

Maybe I have not learned how to do this. But, I would like to add people to our Non Profit Society group. These people all have outside e-mail accounts, but are members of our society. Can I add these beople to a group in Teams? I have added them all to our Exchange Contacts and I have created a Bulk e-mail account for these people. I am able to e-mail all of these people using this e-mail account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Settings for guest users invitation

We would like to have more detail settings such as the permission value for a guest user invitation when own tenant user is invited as a guest for external teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. don't have multiple Instance to view diffenent tihng at a time

When we r view any video in one instance at same time if we get the msg if we view tht thn again i need to go back to that video to play

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When guest access is disabled in Teams, creating a new Team should disable external sharing in SharePoint site.

Imagine you Teams admin want to Teams to be secure and prohibit guest access in Teams, but allow your users to create their Teams by themselves and also allow external sharing in SharePoint sites other than Teams sites.

The problem is, when your users create a new Team, external sharing in SharePoint site is enabled and the users can invite new guests to the site and the guests can access files. This is what Teams admin don't like and may lead to a security issue,

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Enable external sharing (select 'New and existing guests') in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Guest only to specific channels

Allow Guest to only view specific channels in Microsoft Teams. Especially when a part of channel in a project is led by Vendors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scheduling meetings as a guest

I'd like to be able, as a guest, to schedule a (recurring) meeting via Teams.

This would save me the trouble of having to work through multiple tools for setting up my (virtual) meetings and other collaboration activities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. QR scan or location basis for Guest-join feature

Guest-join feature must easy as an instant! Study applications like WeChat, Whatsapp, etc inviting guest through their cellphone number or QR code or email address as an account name. Microsoft Teams should focus on Industrial level of social networking, where is secure, traceable record, and easy to use!
    Adding business partners can be as easy as 1, 2, 3. Open Teams, open Scan/QR code, send invitation.
    Unique device login. Only one device logs in at one time. To login on tablet or computers, must confirm on cellphone or email for security. Close to quit the software.
    Group. Instead of Sub-group,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Restrict users to be invited to external tenants as a guest

I would like to avoid users to be invited to an external tenant unintentionally. This could be controlled by using Azure AD but I would like to control it in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature that general users can decline to access to an external tenant team if they are invited as guests

Sometime our internal users are unintentionally invited to an external tenant team as a guest. We would request you to provide a feature that general users can decline to access to an external tenant team as we would like our users not to join any unintended external tenant team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide or show the “Guest” tag next to the display name of guest user

I would like to choose to display or hide the “Guest” tag depending on the invited tenant. This is shown next to the display name of guest when inviting a guest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get it to work

A customer setup a meeting using MS Teams. I usually use Firefox, which is what I opened the link with. The only option presented was to download the disktop app. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect to the customer's meeting.

If tried IE, but it only offered to download the app again.

Tried Edge, it was able to start a session and connect. But wasn't able to find a microphone to connect.

I was able to listen to the meeting, but had to type messages to other team mates to provide information and ideas.

What a hindrance! Next time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After directly inviting guest users to a team on Microsoft Teams or registering guest users on Azure AD, using PowerShell to check if those

When you invite external users to the team or add them to Azure AD as guest, it takes time for those users’ information to be reflected in the Microsoft Teams directory. So it would be helpful if I can use PowerShell to check whether those users are added to the directory or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. identify external

Provide Visual indicator in Team Name that external users have access.
    This could be as simple as changing the banner under the team name to a light orange if there are any external users who have been invited, but leave the banner alone if the team only includes internal users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Google Login Issue (google IDP)

Given Google IDP support is already enabled with Azure AD such that we can add Google accounts as Guests to the Azure AD, and those uses can be added as Guests to Teams, it would now be good to close the loop such that they can actually log into the Teams Client.

Given above, the Teams login does redirect the the Google Authentication provider and seem to authenticate the credentials, but then crashes when thieving the set up the Teams Client main window (on MacOS and iOS anyways).

Its so close to being useful...

Per other web searches it believed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.