Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security controls on teams invitaion. From external domains

To day we can whitelist domains to send invitations to external parties to collaborate in teams . Where as when other external domain user ex :xyz .com sent a guest access to abc.com user there are no security controls at tenant level to prevent user to switch to external tenants in teams , since user collaboration is stored in other company tenants it’s a gap for legal to track the content in any case of legal holds .
    It would be good if whitelisting capabilities for such scenarios or store a copy of abc.com user (only) conversations or files in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Members to add Guests

Currently only Owners of a Team are allowed to add Guests to the Team. It should be possible for Members of a Team to Add Guests as well (or ideally, have a Toggle in the Admin Center, where it is possible for the Admin to allow Members to invite Guests)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Flesh out the external user feature by supporting additional information for those users, such as name, title, location, contact info, etc.

Currently, outside users (guests) reflect only the email address used to add them to the Teams site. Need more info, such as actual user name, company/location, contact info if we're going to communicate and collaborate effectively.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Function to permit administrators to allow guests to approve invitations.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teamsにて、ゲストユーザーによる招待を管理者が承認を許可する機能
    Function to permit administrators to allow guests to approve invitations.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teamsにて、ゲストユーザーによる招待を管理者が承認を許可する機能を実装してほしい。

I would like for administrators to be able to grant the ability to approve invitations to guest users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow Direct Team To Team Intergration

Currently, When you access a Guest Team you need to switch to the Guest user. I would like to See the External Team in my Teams App. this will allow better notifications as well as better integration

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Logging user’s activities which have done in the external tenant

I would like you to add a feature to collect user activity logs such as file uploading and conversation histories which has been done in the external tenant where the user had been invited in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Invite external users (guests) during MS Teams meeting

Currently, organizers can only invite organization-affiliated members to join the meeting while the meeting is running. For external users, you have to copy the meeting link, paste it into an email and send it. This is very inconvenient. It would be good to permit (like you can in the invite to the meeting) simply type the email addresses of extenal users while being in a meeting to also invite them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide internal user presences of a tenant which invites a guest user from Outlook client for the guest

In Teams, if a guest user is signing in to a tenant whose invited in, the internal user presences of the tenant are shown in the guest user’s Outlook client. However, for the security reason, we don’t want the guest user to see the internal presences and would like to have a feature to hide the user presences of the tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Restrict the guest users to call or chat

Teams setting currently allows us to restrict calls or chats from guest users to internal users, but it doesn’t allow us to restrict vice versa. I would ask you to allow us to restrict internal users to call or chat to guests.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for outside e-mail addresses to be added to groups

Maybe I have not learned how to do this. But, I would like to add people to our Non Profit Society group. These people all have outside e-mail accounts, but are members of our society. Can I add these beople to a group in Teams? I have added them all to our Exchange Contacts and I have created a Bulk e-mail account for these people. I am able to e-mail all of these people using this e-mail account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guest configuration per user

Tenant admin can enable/disable some features for guest users in tenant-wide guest configuration now. I want feature to control these settings per guest users.
    For example, I want to enable private call for guest-A, but don't for guest-B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. don't have multiple Instance to view diffenent tihng at a time

When we r view any video in one instance at same time if we get the msg if we view tht thn again i need to go back to that video to play

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow guests to upload/change their photo

Make an easier process for guests to add/change their photo as they wish. Face recognition is so important for collaboration!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Receive PSTN Calls When a Guest in Another Tenant

When I am logged into my team that my PSTN is connected to I receive calls in Teams from my PSTN Plan number. When I switch to another team using the dropdown for fast team switching where I am a setup as a guest, I no longer receive these calls (even though I am authenticated on my primary domain/team as the PSTN account).

Please make it so your PSTN account works with either: a) your main account you are logged in as, whether as user or guest in a foreign tenant, or; b) when signed in with multiple O365 accounts,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After directly inviting guest users to a team on Microsoft Teams or registering guest users on Azure AD, using PowerShell to check if those

When you invite external users to the team or add them to Azure AD as guest, it takes time for those users’ information to be reflected in the Microsoft Teams directory. So it would be helpful if I can use PowerShell to check whether those users are added to the directory or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base