Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. switch org

I have two teams managed by separate O365 tenants. One set of folks from tenant A has been guest access to tenant B. However, as a member of tenant A there is no simple way to participate in both teams of A and B. I should be able to see the combined list of teams from both tenants from the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can not invite as an external user in the Office 365 groups if the UPN and primary SMTP address are different.

I want to invite people who are different from UPN and primary SMTP address as external user of Teams.
    However, UPN must be registered in the secondary SMTP address.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More control over guest user interaction

We are using Teams as a project management tool and primarily with guest users/accounts. In many cases our guest users are likely not using Teams for any other purpose other than interacting with us on our projects. With that in mind:

It would be nice to have greater control over the default notification settings for guest users. Since our guest users aren’t normally using Teams as part of their daily workflow we need them to receive email notifications for any type of update in Teams to direct their attention to the app. And, in most cases, I would like an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Security controls on teams invitaion. From external domains

To day we can whitelist domains to send invitations to external parties to collaborate in teams . Where as when other external domain user ex :xyz .com sent a guest access to abc.com user there are no security controls at tenant level to prevent user to switch to external tenants in teams , since user collaboration is stored in other company tenants it’s a gap for legal to track the content in any case of legal holds .
    It would be good if whitelisting capabilities for such scenarios or store a copy of abc.com user (only) conversations or files in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow removing entries from the Tenant picker

If a user has been invited to another tenant, that tenant will show on the Teams tenant picker dropdown. If that user later wants to leave that tenant, there doesn't appear to be a way for the user to do that.

I would request you allow users to remove themselves from other tenants they have joined. Similar to how a user can leave a Team they have joined.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Members to add Guests

Currently only Owners of a Team are allowed to add Guests to the Team. It should be possible for Members of a Team to Add Guests as well (or ideally, have a Toggle in the Admin Center, where it is possible for the Admin to allow Members to invite Guests)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Teams Allow Domain List

Add the ability to create an allow domain list per Microsoft Teams (and Office Groups) instance. The only means to control allowed domain lists is at the Azure Active Directory tenant level. The SharePoint site collection allow domain list model is a good analogy where each site collection can have a dedicated allow domain list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please Improve External Sharing

I'm an admin for two partner companies that both have Office365 accounts for their respective companies. We used Skype for Business daily for communication and screen sharing between our companies. Skype for Business was easy: Click on a contact or contacts, share your screen.

Now with teams, we can not share easily our screen with external contacts (see screenshot) Not one on one, not in a group. Instead we have to create a team, add both internal and external contacts as a "guest". The external contact then has to switch profiles in team from their main account, to their "guest"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. External Federation

Hello,

My organization has just flipped the switch to go into Teams-Only Mode along with another O365 Tenant which was planned out perfectly.

Today we have done this & I can communicate via Chat/Call with the 3rd Party Tenant, however I cannot share files or perform screen shares. We also do not appear to be able to get Presence from these External Tenants.

When can we expect P2P File Sharing & Screen Sharing Capabilities. We had this in SfB as a native feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Guest users in Teams/Shifts

The ability to add guest users into Shifts is essential. Can you advise if this is on the roadmap and roughly when. I will have to look for an alternate product

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multi organization visualization

Visualization with multi account (diff organizations) is not very good. It takes to much time switching the organization, and back again. Please make all the accounts visible at any time - in a folder og tab view (or any better idea :) )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make chats with external persons less complicated

Switching between Microsoft accounts should not be necessary and adding external persons by selecting them from existing office 365 contacts should be more easy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Receive PSTN Calls When a Guest in Another Tenant

When I am logged into my team that my PSTN is connected to I receive calls in Teams from my PSTN Plan number. When I switch to another team using the dropdown for fast team switching where I am a setup as a guest, I no longer receive these calls (even though I am authenticated on my primary domain/team as the PSTN account).

Please make it so your PSTN account works with either: a) your main account you are logged in as, whether as user or guest in a foreign tenant, or; b) when signed in with multiple O365 accounts,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add pop up message in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の "制御を渡す" 機能について

Add pop up message in Teams
    Teams で "制御を渡す" をクリックしたあと、実際に制御を渡せたかの判断がつきにくいため、制御を渡す機能の実行が完了した場合、ポップアップメッセージ等で完了した旨が表示される機能の追加を希望します。

As we click “Pass the restrictions”, we never know if we actually did pass it or not, add pop up message when we click “Pass the restrictions” so that we know for sure it did get passed.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unable to add people to the free teams

I have signed for the Free version of Teams using my personal Microsoft account and I am unable to add people to a Team or to my Org in the Free version of Teams. When trying to invite someone I get an error that says "We're having trouble sending the invitations. Please try again later". No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. I even created a new Free-Teams account and got the same result with that one too. Please help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.