Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Guests to Create New Contact Group

Allow Guests to Create New Contact Group. Having tested, they cannot do this at present.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to Guests to delete and edit their own messages

The title speaks for itself. It's rather odd that owners can give Guests the permission to Create, update and delete channels but they can't delete or edit their own messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reinvent Guest Access

Guest Access is no longer generic access. Incorporate measures to improve and facilitate many unique guest experiences to energize employees and nurture collaboration. Have a few minutes to chat on our server? Impromptu or scheduled guest chats facilitate more intimate and frequent collaborations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Conditional access for non-compliant devices or disable file download for guests

We use teams to collaborate with external vendors, and would like a way to restrict guest from downloading everything off of the sharepoint sites where files are stored.
    There is no way to restrict the data leakage for guests accounts, sometime like the exchange online / sharepoint online access for non compliant devices would be awesome way to get around this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App.

I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App rather than having to switch views

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Flesh out the external user feature by supporting additional information for those users, such as name, title, location, contact info, etc.

Currently, outside users (guests) reflect only the email address used to add them to the Teams site. Need more info, such as actual user name, company/location, contact info if we're going to communicate and collaborate effectively.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

Different organisations in one place - I cannot see messages from different organisations so makes collaboration hard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restrict users to be invited to external tenants as a guest

I would like to avoid users to be invited to an external tenant unintentionally. This could be controlled by using Azure AD but I would like to control it in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Obtaining access logs for the invited external tenant

Sometimes users are invited to an external tenant unintentionally, and I would like to avoid them to communicate with external users. Thus, I would like to obtain access logs for the users who are invited to external tenants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature that general users can decline to access to an external tenant team if they are invited as guests

Sometime our internal users are unintentionally invited to an external tenant team as a guest. We would request you to provide a feature that general users can decline to access to an external tenant team as we would like our users not to join any unintended external tenant team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide or show the “Guest” tag next to the display name of guest user

I would like to choose to display or hide the “Guest” tag depending on the invited tenant. This is shown next to the display name of guest when inviting a guest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get it to work

A customer setup a meeting using MS Teams. I usually use Firefox, which is what I opened the link with. The only option presented was to download the disktop app. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect to the customer's meeting.

If tried IE, but it only offered to download the app again.

Tried Edge, it was able to start a session and connect. But wasn't able to find a microphone to connect.

I was able to listen to the meeting, but had to type messages to other team mates to provide information and ideas.

What a hindrance! Next time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After directly inviting guest users to a team on Microsoft Teams or registering guest users on Azure AD, using PowerShell to check if those

When you invite external users to the team or add them to Azure AD as guest, it takes time for those users’ information to be reflected in the Microsoft Teams directory. So it would be helpful if I can use PowerShell to check whether those users are added to the directory or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. identify external

Provide Visual indicator in Team Name that external users have access.
    This could be as simple as changing the banner under the team name to a light orange if there are any external users who have been invited, but leave the banner alone if the team only includes internal users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add pop up message in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の "制御を渡す" 機能について

Add pop up message in Teams
    Teams で "制御を渡す" をクリックしたあと、実際に制御を渡せたかの判断がつきにくいため、制御を渡す機能の実行が完了した場合、ポップアップメッセージ等で完了した旨が表示される機能の追加を希望します。

As we click “Pass the restrictions”, we never know if we actually did pass it or not, add pop up message when we click “Pass the restrictions” so that we know for sure it did get passed.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guest access - more control and more permissions

There are several different levels of 'guest' but very little control over assigning rights and permissions. Guests might range from an external consultant running a project to a supplier invited to view an RFP. Both would have completely different requirements. There needs to be the ability to create several different guest roles and have granular control over access to sharepoint assets. Let us manage access to our own tenancy for guest users!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base