Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add Skype users without Office365

we need to allow guest access for anyone on the Skype network for this to be fully capable true unification

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Guest Accounts from search Results when Guest Access is disbaled in Teams tenant

We have disabled Guest Access for Teams (using it for other workloads), however Guest Accounts are still being displayed when searching for users in Teams. This can be congfusing for some users when trying to contact them via Federation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not having to switch between different team logins

Going from Skype to Teams I run into the problem that external Team guests have to switch to our organization Team in order to get our messages. In Skype this is transparent and once you have connected you can have a direct chat without having to switch to another team login. Today we cannot trust the external guests to see our messages otherwise. Why can't Teams work as Skype - whithout the switching? Until Teams is as transparent as Skype is, we cannot fully use it in the organization and will have to keep using Skype and Slack.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guest Access for Meetings, Calls and Videocalls

It's important to be able to call and schedule meetings with clients.

I use Teams with my company, and invite clients as Guests so he can have a look at the progress of his project.

It's important to be able to have meetings with your clients.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need Ability to Block Organization

I attempted to follow this documentation:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/b2b/leave-the-organization

However, I do not have this section either in my menu or profile.

I have an issue where my work email was added as a guest to another organization, but I do not want to accept their TOS nor participate in their Team. As a result, I am not joined to their organization, leaving me with no option to leave or block their organization from generating notifications in my Teams client or online.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow guests to see avatars

It has been brought to my attention that guests can't see avatars at all. Please make this an option (or if one exists that I do not know of please tell me).

Related issue about letting them add their own avatars
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33931264-allow-guests-to-change-avatar-and-description

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please provide the status of Guests in a Team

Provide the status for Guests in a Team, so that their status is available for the team members.
    Also the Guests should see the status of the other members of the team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. switch org

I have two teams managed by separate O365 tenants. One set of folks from tenant A has been guest access to tenant B. However, as a member of tenant A there is no simple way to participate in both teams of A and B. I should be able to see the combined list of teams from both tenants from the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can not invite as an external user in the Office 365 groups if the UPN and primary SMTP address are different.

I want to invite people who are different from UPN and primary SMTP address as external user of Teams.
    However, UPN must be registered in the secondary SMTP address.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

Lineと同様にTeamsの過去ログをテキスト化できる機能を追加してほしい。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More control over guest user interaction

We are using Teams as a project management tool and primarily with guest users/accounts. In many cases our guest users are likely not using Teams for any other purpose other than interacting with us on our projects. With that in mind:

It would be nice to have greater control over the default notification settings for guest users. Since our guest users aren’t normally using Teams as part of their daily workflow we need them to receive email notifications for any type of update in Teams to direct their attention to the app. And, in most cases, I would like an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Security controls on teams invitaion. From external domains

To day we can whitelist domains to send invitations to external parties to collaborate in teams . Where as when other external domain user ex :xyz .com sent a guest access to abc.com user there are no security controls at tenant level to prevent user to switch to external tenants in teams , since user collaboration is stored in other company tenants it’s a gap for legal to track the content in any case of legal holds .
    It would be good if whitelisting capabilities for such scenarios or store a copy of abc.com user (only) conversations or files in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow removing entries from the Tenant picker

If a user has been invited to another tenant, that tenant will show on the Teams tenant picker dropdown. If that user later wants to leave that tenant, there doesn't appear to be a way for the user to do that.

I would request you allow users to remove themselves from other tenants they have joined. Similar to how a user can leave a Team they have joined.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Members to add Guests

Currently only Owners of a Team are allowed to add Guests to the Team. It should be possible for Members of a Team to Add Guests as well (or ideally, have a Toggle in the Admin Center, where it is possible for the Admin to allow Members to invite Guests)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not automatically add guests to org-wide teams

When a org-wide team is created, have an option to not automatically add guest accounts.

We have a org-wide company team for general chit chat, but don't want guests (eg: customers) to join/see this (for obvious reasons haha!)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Receive PSTN Calls When a Guest in Another Tenant

When I am logged into my team that my PSTN is connected to I receive calls in Teams from my PSTN Plan number. When I switch to another team using the dropdown for fast team switching where I am a setup as a guest, I no longer receive these calls (even though I am authenticated on my primary domain/team as the PSTN account).

Please make it so your PSTN account works with either: a) your main account you are logged in as, whether as user or guest in a foreign tenant, or; b) when signed in with multiple O365 accounts,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Guests to Create New Contact Group

Allow Guests to Create New Contact Group. Having tested, they cannot do this at present.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. guests without office 365

We currently use a competing team collaboration app that does everything that MS Teams does. We would be interested in switching to MS Teams if only we could invite guests who are not Office 365 users, as we can with our current solution. We use our current solution to not only communicate and collaborate on tasks and project within our organization, but we also create teams for our customers to communicate with members of our team who are serving them, and they need only register with ANY email address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ability to Guests to delete and edit their own messages

The title speaks for itself. It's rather odd that owners can give Guests the permission to Create, update and delete channels but they can't delete or edit their own messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base