Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent guest to view the member's email address

We known that guest cannot view the org of company, we also need to prevent guest to view the member's email address in Teams. It's a necessary security feature as well.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Powerapps as Tab available for Guests

Powerapps connected to Teams with Tabs should function also for Guests.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Trying to add an external member to the team results in error: "You are not authorized"

Microsoft Teams indicates that I can add external members: "You can also add people outside your organization as guests by typing their email addresses.". However, when I try to add an external member with an Office 365 work account, I get an error message "You are not authorized".

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Guests to Share Screen

While guests can now join a Team meeting, there is no "promote to presenter" option to allow them to share their screen. Without this, I'm forced to fall back to Hangouts or Zoom.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let Guest accounts be Team Owners, even if I have to license them.

Let Guest accounts be Team Owners, even if I have to license them.

Guests can be important Team members also, requiring the full access and functionality of Teams.

Creating another login in my tenant for them and asking them to switch accounts is a poor solution.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi, as a GUEST in a team, i can't put buy photo profile.

It will be cool tho have the option to upload my photo profile to my GUEST account, not just my name.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. customisable email invite for guests

Is it possible to customise the email template that is sent to guest when they are added to a team?

for example, if we wanted to add in a sentence about our company's acceptable use policy, or something to adhere too?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow "Guests" to have more permissions, like being a co-owner and adding meetings

Allow "Guests" to have more permissions, like being a co-owner and adding meetings

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow a keyboard control for guest user

I'd like to have the option to give a keyboard control to a guest user if the user have a Teams application installed. It worked a month ago but doesn't work anymore.
    It works ok on Skype for Business

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Communication between internal organization and external at the same time without toggle

When having direct communications with other organizations, it's an annoyance that you have to toggle between your internal org and external. You need to be able to quickly communicate with everyone that you would normally communicate with in a normal day. If this is the Business solution MS is going with, it needs to meet the immediate and obvious business needs.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. private channel

BUG: Guests are not able to see additional tabs in a private channel / group chat

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't show email addresses for guests from other organisations

Where a guest is added to a Team from another organisation, their email address is visible to all other team members, and they are identified by the first part of their email address (before @).
    For some types of collaboration it would be good if guests could be added in a way which give them aliases, so they can't see each others' email addresses.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restrict Guest access in a certain Team to a domain

When collaborating in a Team with certain people it would be nice if you could limit adding guests based on their domain. For example, I create a Team to collaborate with Contoso, I want to be able to add only people with the contoso.com domain. This will prevent accidental mixing up of different companies in a single Team.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove the need to flip between accounts

I suggest removing the need to flip between accounts to see news feed, chat, teams and channels for each account. Once you're logged to all your accounts you should be able to see all of these from the same area regardless what account they're part of. Flipping between accounts to see these things is inefficient and also is problematic with notifications.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guest access - switching tenants error

Error switching tenants for guest access. My account has been invited to two different guest teams. One works, the othe fails during authentication.

I am asked to authenticate, then I wait, and in the end I get an "oops, something went wrong, please restart"

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guest Access with Team Code or Teams Link

Allow Guest Access users to easily join via Team Code or link to Teams Channel. Adding guests one by one can be tiring when you're inviting hundreds of guests to a Team.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove 5 Guests Per user Limit

The limitation of 5 Guest access maximum per paying user is absurd : On one hand you provide Free TEAMS and on the other hand if we want to create Teams with many external people it is blocked. At least we should not have a limit for external users that are Office 365 User on another tenant as they already pay for teams!!! Otherwise please provide a GUEST subscription that we can buy for our guests. I don't understand this limitation as we can share document without limitation with everyone!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Guest Comment and Upload Functionality in Teams

As of the latest update, Guest users have almost full functionality in planner and teams in terms of creating and editing tasks. However the 2 missing pieces of functionality are:
    -Guest Users Cannot add Comments to tasks.
    -Guest users cannot upload a file to tasks, they can only upload from a link or sharepoint.

Please add these functionalities.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guest access expiry configuration

We would like to see some kind of configuration setting for guest access to expire after a specified period of time. Often times teams change and reorganize in a way that it may not be clear if a guest user still should have access. We work with contractors and consultants for a specified period of time and it would be beneficial for us to grant access to a contractor who might only be working with us for 6 months or so. When that contract is up then all access to Teams or any shared files is revoked. This would help…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maken guest acces possible on a per Team basis. I want guest access, but not for all teams

ik want to be able to enable guest acces per team. just like you can per SharePoint SiteCollection.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.