Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many alrea

since I work in construction, I have to deal with many other organizations. Here it is hard to get all the companies on one team. Many already have Office 365. Thus, we have, for example. 10 different organizations working on one channel. Now one company has 5 other construction sites, 5 other builders use the teams. Now this company has to change teams with every message. This is very complicated. Is there nothing better?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. endre navn på gjester

Ønsker å kunne endre navn på gjester, etter at de er lagt til i teamet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show pop up alerts for both regular account and when logged in as guests.  ゲストアクセスしている際、ゲスト側でも通常のアカウントでも通知されるようにしてほしい。

Currently when logged in your regular account you do not receive pop up alerts when chat received at your guest account, nor the other way around; when logged in your guest account there are no pop up alerts when chat is received at regular account. Please add feature to show pop up alerts for both accounts!!!

現在通常アカウントでログイン時、ゲストアカウントで受信してもポップアップの通知が届きません。またゲストアカウントにログイン時、通常アカウントで受信しても通知が届きません。いずれもポップアップ通知が届くようにしてください!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow B2B users with usertype member

We have 2 tenants, 1 tenant for USA stores and 1 tenant for Canada stores, both are separate tenants.

To collaborate on a frequent basis, we added few USA stores users in the Canada stores tenant as B2B users

B2B users get the error "You don't have access to the org in Teams. Select another org, or contact your admin for more details" when a B2B user, with user type of member, try to switch to another org in Teams.

B2B users, with user type of member, need to have a Microsoft Teams license assigned in the guess tenant as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enhance Guest Invite authentication to recognize disabled aliases under a Microsoft account

Microsoft Teams Guest invites should work for any email address that belongs to a Microsoft account, regardless of whether or not that email address is an active / primary alias for the account.

I recently received a guest invite from a former employer on my personal email address. The email address that recieved this remains my primary email, but i disabled it as a login alias to stop hackers from trying to breach my account. As a result, I am unable to accept the Teams guest invitation, as this email address is not an active alias, despite the fact that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upload Multiple user profiles

Need to be able to link using AD, LDAP, Exchange, pull from my address book and Upload Multiple user profiles at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. a guest should be able to use teams without needing an account

1. make it possible to easily establish "trust" relationships between Azure AD and Windows AD, so it will be possible to pick users from the "trusted" Windows AD and make them guests. Could be a light version of the normal trust, just enough so customers can get easy access. After the "trust" is established and a remote user is added, that user should get a mail (message) with a link. Clicking that link should bring the user straight into the online version of teams, at the right place and the right view. No questions, no prompts or anything else should be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the external user integration

Se cant create chats with external users, as easy as is was in skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guest access that actually works

We have all sharing and guest access settings enabled but a user that is added as a guest to a team can't see the team and never receives an invite to the team via email. I also cannot message a guest user in the "Chat" tab. Coexistence mode for both tenants are set to "Teams Only."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow external users in Teams to have edit permission only for the shared libraries automatically

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams のチーム メンバーが、自動的にグループ サイト全体に編集権限が付与される動作について
    Allow external users in Teams to have edit permission only for the shared libraries automatically

■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のチーム メンバーは、外部ユーザーであっても、自動的にグループ サイト全体に編集権限が付与される。
    外部ユーザーに対してのみ、グループ サイト全体ではなく、共有しているライブラリのみに編集可能としたい。
    グループ サイト権限を変更し、ライブラリに固有の権限を付与することにより、希望の動作とはなるが、外部ユーザーが増える度に管理者ユーザーが操作をするには項数がかかり現実的ではない。
    チーム メンバーであっても、グループ サイト全体ではなく、共有ライブラリにのみ、権限が自動付与される機能の追加を希望します。

It would be great if external users of team member for Teams will be grant edit permission automatically only for shared libraries, instead of entire the group site.
    Admins able to change the permission as a unique permission for the libraries for external users, but in terms of workload, it is inconvenient and unrealistic to do so whenever external users joined the team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unlimited Guest Access

Our company is a relatively small company with a large number of client and consultant contacts associated with each of our projects. We need to have a subscription platform developed that will allow us to set up an unlimited number of outside GUESTS to be able to join Teams that we set up for our projects. Our projects can last over 5 to 10 years and will enjoin a very wide range of outside companies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow guests to join immediately teams sessions

Unlike Skype for business, Teams does allow to configure the behaviour when a guest join the session, nor via PC or directly by phone call. They always get sent to waiting room until moderator joins

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. QR scan or location basis for Guest-join feature

Guest-join feature must easy as an instant! Study applications like WeChat, Whatsapp, etc inviting guest through their cellphone number or QR code or email address as an account name. Microsoft Teams should focus on Industrial level of social networking, where is secure, traceable record, and easy to use!
    Adding business partners can be as easy as 1, 2, 3. Open Teams, open Scan/QR code, send invitation.
    Unique device login. Only one device logs in at one time. To login on tablet or computers, must confirm on cellphone or email for security. Close to quit the software.
    Group. Instead of Sub-group,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to be able to access the link to the team from the android mobile app...

Need to be able to access the link to the team from the android mobile app...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get it to work

A customer setup a meeting using MS Teams. I usually use Firefox, which is what I opened the link with. The only option presented was to download the disktop app. I downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect to the customer's meeting.

If tried IE, but it only offered to download the app again.

Tried Edge, it was able to start a session and connect. But wasn't able to find a microphone to connect.

I was able to listen to the meeting, but had to type messages to other team mates to provide information and ideas.

What a hindrance! Next time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

Give me access to add external users. Until I can do this this product SUCKS!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add pop up message in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の "制御を渡す" 機能について

Add pop up message in Teams

Teams で "制御を渡す" をクリックしたあと、実際に制御を渡せたかの判断がつきにくいため、制御を渡す機能の実行が完了した場合、ポップアップメッセージ等で完了した旨が表示される機能の追加を希望します。

As we click “Pass the restrictions”, we never know if we actually did pass it or not, add pop up message when we click “Pass the restrictions” so that we know for sure it did get passed.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide admin option to default guest access to false

The existing guidance in https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918 to allow guest access, but block from specific teams is good, but also needs an 'opposite' option.

It would be ideal (due to regulations we have to follow) to provide a way to default guest access to off, but then allow teams that have been guest enabled to work as they do currently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)