Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Obtaining chat logs of users who are invited to external tenant

Sometimes users are invited to an external tenant, and I would like to know their communication with external users. Thus, I would like to obtain chat logs of the users who are invited to external tenants.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missed calls go to voicemail guest

Since Guest can't use voicemail in TEAMS, it would be nice to get message saying you can't let a message. Actually, when I call a Guest, the system take the message but do nothing with it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Prevent guests from seeing other members in a Team

We need an option to be able to turn off the visibility of members within a Team for Guests. We want to create Teams with multiple vendors within the Team, and private channels for each Vendor company, but don't want those vendors to see each others names and email addresses.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Manage guest members in teams using gremiummembers/groupmembers)out of Dynamic365

Make it possible that gremiummembers (groupmembers) in Dynamics365 can be imported as guestmembers in a Teams channel and/or team. It would be even better when it's possible to synchronise the members between the two Microsoft applications. So the changes that are registered in Dynamic365 are also automatically changed in the team and/or channel memberslist.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like meeting organizer's screen sharing policy to be inherit on to anonymous attendees

In the Meeting Policy and Guest access policy, screen sharing mode is disabled.
    (I did assigned policy to users. It has been more than a few days since the setting.)

If a private meeting is created from a user with this policy enabled and the meeting is held for participants, screen sharing will be disabled for the host user, but screen sharing will remain enabled and available for guest/anonymous attendees who join from a browser.
    The screen sharing mode setting is supposed to be controlled by the meeting organizer's policy settings, but this policy doesn't seem to be working.

I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow guest access on Teams for Government

I use MS Teams with a US government entity (NASA). Currently, we are able to add guests to meetings, but we cannot add them as team members so they can see chat, share files, etc. This functionality appears to be available in the public version of Teams, but we don't have it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide the choice "Contribute" or "Visitor" when adding Guest users

When adding Guest to a channel, Teams does not offer the possibility to choose if the new guest is a Visitor (with only read only access) or a Contributor (with a contribute access).
    And this is exactly the same even on a private channel, all guests are given "Contribute" access which can be in breach of internal Corporate Policies.
    Ultimately the documents library is on a SharePoint Team site and it has 3 groups: Owners, Contributors and Visitors.
    So why not asking the level of access when adding guest users?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restrict participation in meetings held by tenants outside the organization

Please implement the function to block anonymous participation in meetings held by tenants outside the organization with [Tenant Restrictions].

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 外部ユーザーの特定制御について About specific control of external users.

現在 Teams の導入をプロジェクトとして推進しており、その中で外部ユーザー連携も検討している。
    そこで例えば A社 と外部連携(フェデレーション)していて、A 社のある特定のユーザーもしくはグループなどとはコミュニケーションを禁止するなどの方法が知りたい
    つきましては、外部ユーザーの特定制御を行うための機能の拡充を要望します。

We are currently promoting the introduction of Teams as a project, and we are also considering external user collaboration.
    So, for example, we're in an external partnership with Company A, and we want to know how to prevent certain users or groups of Company A from communicating with each other.
    We would like to expand the capabilities to provide specific control of external users.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent guest-to-guest chat

It is necessary to limit chats that are held only between guests.

To maintain security and compliance, guest user private chat must be conducted in the presence of users within the organization.

In the invited team, guests meet guests from another tenant.

We do not want to cause unnecessary multi-tissue contact.

Chat only between guests within your organization is important to protect your organization.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have less threads for the same or similar issues and suggestions. It divides the votes and thus the importance of the needed upgrades.

Have less threads for the same or similar issues and suggestions. It divides the votes and thus the importance of the needed upgrades.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add guests/ members to only 1 channel without needing to make all other channels in the team private

I'd like to add a guest to just one channel in a team, but do not want them to access the other channels in the team. I do not want to make all other channels in the team private due to the separation that this causes to share point files structure.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow guests to be in Teams Only mode when Coexistence mode is Skype for Business

Allow guests to be in Teams Only mode when Coexistence mode is Skype for Business*

This will allow Guests access to teams individual chat.

Currently if you move from Islands mode to a SfB mode you will break chat for all Guests users in your tenant

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guest user addition function

I want to add a function that allows guest users to be added only to administrators as a standard Microsoft Teams function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple Team Profiles: Allow teams to notify the user in the banner when you have missed a call or a message from a chat.

Multiple Team Profiles: Allow teams to notify the user in the banner when you have missed a call or a message from a chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enhance Guest Invite authentication to recognize disabled aliases under a Microsoft account

Microsoft Teams Guest invites should work for any email address that belongs to a Microsoft account, regardless of whether or not that email address is an active / primary alias for the account.

I recently received a guest invite from a former employer on my personal email address. The email address that recieved this remains my primary email, but i disabled it as a login alias to stop hackers from trying to breach my account. As a result, I am unable to accept the Teams guest invitation, as this email address is not an active alias, despite the fact that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enabling Guest access

We need to enable guest access for teams. But We dont need to enable external access for all the team users. Insted we need only to give this permission to specific users only Or we need to give external access permission to specific Teams through admin portal

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharing files

The guest should have more convenient way to share files to direct messages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guest access that actually works

We have all sharing and guest access settings enabled but a user that is added as a guest to a team can't see the team and never receives an invite to the team via email. I also cannot message a guest user in the "Chat" tab. Coexistence mode for both tenants are set to "Teams Only."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow guests to join immediately teams sessions

Unlike Skype for business, Teams does allow to configure the behaviour when a guest join the session, nor via PC or directly by phone call. They always get sent to waiting room until moderator joins

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base