Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage users who can control guest access

It would be great if we have a setting to manage users who can control guest access for Teams to give the control to admins only.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for outside e-mail addresses to be added to groups

Maybe I have not learned how to do this. But, I would like to add people to our Non Profit Society group. These people all have outside e-mail accounts, but are members of our society. Can I add these beople to a group in Teams? I have added them all to our Exchange Contacts and I have created a Bulk e-mail account for these people. I am able to e-mail all of these people using this e-mail account.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Teams Allow Domain List

Add the ability to create an allow domain list per Microsoft Teams (and Office Groups) instance. The only means to control allowed domain lists is at the Azure Active Directory tenant level. The SharePoint site collection allow domain list model is a good analogy where each site collection can have a dedicated allow domain list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When guest access is disabled in Teams, creating a new Team should disable external sharing in SharePoint site.

Imagine you Teams admin want to Teams to be secure and prohibit guest access in Teams, but allow your users to create their Teams by themselves and also allow external sharing in SharePoint sites other than Teams sites.

The problem is, when your users create a new Team, external sharing in SharePoint site is enabled and the users can invite new guests to the site and the guests can access files. This is what Teams admin don't like and may lead to a security issue,

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    1. Enable external sharing (select 'New and existing guests') in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. External Federation

Hello,

My organization has just flipped the switch to go into Teams-Only Mode along with another O365 Tenant which was planned out perfectly.

Today we have done this & I can communicate via Chat/Call with the 3rd Party Tenant, however I cannot share files or perform screen shares. We also do not appear to be able to get Presence from these External Tenants.

When can we expect P2P File Sharing & Screen Sharing Capabilities. We had this in SfB as a native feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make chats with external persons less complicated

Switching between Microsoft accounts should not be necessary and adding external persons by selecting them from existing office 365 contacts should be more easy.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. identify external

Provide Visual indicator in Team Name that external users have access.
    This could be as simple as changing the banner under the team name to a light orange if there are any external users who have been invited, but leave the banner alone if the team only includes internal users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. guest acount lifecycle management

The pool of guest accounts grows quickly with temporary accounts. For GDPR, but also for housekeeping, a function for guest account lifecycle management is needed, where guest confirm the continued usage or delete of the account. A similar feature is in for access review - for the group / team membership. Similar feature is required for the account as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guest access

Hi
    This is not an idea this is feedback on how Microsoft Teams works. When you tell subscribers they can provide guest access to your apps (Microsoft Teams) I suggest you do not hide the limitation. You should have also announced that there is a limit of 5 Guest accounts per licensed user. This would have made it much easier to assess the usefulness of the change to your subscribers. Which is pretty much none. It is frustrating to start planning business processes around an app like Teams to find the limitation makes it worthless for the business process.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)

Guest should not be able to edit/delete/rename other files (not uploaded by him)
    Microsoft Case # 11945348

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please provide the status of Guests in a Team

Provide the status for Guests in a Team, so that their status is available for the team members.
    Also the Guests should see the status of the other members of the team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. switch org

I have two teams managed by separate O365 tenants. One set of folks from tenant A has been guest access to tenant B. However, as a member of tenant A there is no simple way to participate in both teams of A and B. I should be able to see the combined list of teams from both tenants from the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More control over guest user interaction

We are using Teams as a project management tool and primarily with guest users/accounts. In many cases our guest users are likely not using Teams for any other purpose other than interacting with us on our projects. With that in mind:

It would be nice to have greater control over the default notification settings for guest users. Since our guest users aren’t normally using Teams as part of their daily workflow we need them to receive email notifications for any type of update in Teams to direct their attention to the app. And, in most cases, I would like an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Members to add Guests

Currently only Owners of a Team are allowed to add Guests to the Team. It should be possible for Members of a Team to Add Guests as well (or ideally, have a Toggle in the Admin Center, where it is possible for the Admin to allow Members to invite Guests)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the conversations Newest on top, or at least provide th eoption

I shouldn't have to subscribe to a post to vote on it. I just want to add my two cents. I don't need MORE email with comments on the post that often are not germane to the discussion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Flesh out the external user feature by supporting additional information for those users, such as name, title, location, contact info, etc.

Currently, outside users (guests) reflect only the email address used to add them to the Teams site. Need more info, such as actual user name, company/location, contact info if we're going to communicate and collaborate effectively.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hope to be able to set different feature restrictions for each guest user.

Currently, guest users can be functionally restricted only by organization-wide settings.
    I hope to be able to set different feature restrictions for each guest user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow tenants to define the role of a guest

At the moment, guest accounts can't do anything except chat in channels they were invited in / calls, regardless of what type of license they were assigned.

Some basic things for guests (that could be enabled by admins):
    - share files (even if restricted somehow) at least in private chats
    - maintain a contact list
    - be upgradeable without loss of history
    - become owners of channels if made so by tenant accounts

Since Teams desktop doesn't allow even switching between tenants, a common workaround is to login as a tenant and then be added as a guest to others…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Manage guest members in teams using gremiummembers/groupmembers)out of Dynamic365

Make it possible that gremiummembers (groupmembers) in Dynamics365 can be imported as guestmembers in a Teams channel and/or team. It would be even better when it's possible to synchronise the members between the two Microsoft applications. So the changes that are registered in Dynamic365 are also automatically changed in the team and/or channel memberslist.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base