Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let Guest accounts be Team Owners, even if I have to license them.

Let Guest accounts be Team Owners, even if I have to license them.

Guests can be important Team members also, requiring the full access and functionality of Teams.

Creating another login in my tenant for them and asking them to switch accounts is a poor solution.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching tennants takes far too long and doesn't show activity updates in other tennants

When having to switch to another tenant in teams for one of my clients the switch over takes too long. It also leaves you blind to activity on any other client unless you were specifically @ mentioned which almost entirely defeats the purpose. It makes you have to switch between them all constantly and this takes a long time. It becomes difficult to justify teams use this way

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Channel Mgmt

Need ability to set security controls at the Channel Level, especially when External Guests are invited to the Team site.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the need to flip between accounts

I suggest removing the need to flip between accounts to see news feed, chat, teams and channels for each account. Once you're logged to all your accounts you should be able to see all of these from the same area regardless what account they're part of. Flipping between accounts to see these things is inefficient and also is problematic with notifications.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member.

Allow 'Guests' to have the same amount of functionality as a regular Member. Or as much as possible while still keeping things secure.

When a Guest is added to the Team, often times they are at the same level of team membership / importance / contributor as actually internal Members and it makes no sense business wise to limit their functionality - arbitrarily - just because they are not part of our tenant.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App.

I would like to be able to see all the teams (including Guest teams) I am in from the Team App rather than having to switch views

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. customisable email invite for guests

Is it possible to customise the email template that is sent to guest when they are added to a team?

for example, if we wanted to add in a sentence about our company's acceptable use policy, or something to adhere too?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. external sharing specific team

Currently external sharing can be enabled/disabled for all Teams tenantwide at once.
    It will be much more flexible if the external sharing could be enabled on per-team basis.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
    Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
    Thanks.

344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Great news! This feature request is being worked upon by the Planner team!
    Expect an update soon.

-Warren

11. Hi, as a GUEST in a team, i can't put buy photo profile.

It will be cool tho have the option to upload my photo profile to my GUEST account, not just my name.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flesh out the external user feature by supporting additional information for those users, such as name, title, location, contact info, etc.

Currently, outside users (guests) reflect only the email address used to add them to the Teams site. Need more info, such as actual user name, company/location, contact info if we're going to communicate and collaborate effectively.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List guest teams like Yammer

Instead of having to select tenant, pls have all teams in one list and mark those in other tenants with a globe. Much like Yammer.

Also have notifications displayed in the same manner. I.e one experience for everybody with no need to switch tenants.

It would give everybody a clearer and easier way of keeping track of all your teams, no matter of where they reside.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add Skype users without Office365

we need to allow guest access for anyone on the Skype network for this to be fully capable true unification

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to remove guest account (under Your accounts) from Microsoft Teams

As a guest, I cannot remove a guest account (under Your accounts) from my Microsoft Teams. I can leave all teams, I'm a guest member of, but I'm stuck with the account.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Able to allow guest access for special teams (o365 groups) only, not all

Same concept already in for SharePoint Online sites, disable guest access on tenant level and set for special single sites only "allow external sharing", must be possible also for teams (o365 groups), in same way, current situation at the moment a show stopper for us, current domain handling not a solution

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

19. Trying to add an external member to the team results in error: "You are not authorized"

Microsoft Teams indicates that I can add external members: "You can also add people outside your organization as guests by typing their email addresses.". However, when I try to add an external member with an Office 365 work account, I get an error message "You are not authorized".

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Eliminate "Context" Switching from Guest Feature

The new guest feature is a great start, but it feels more like a bolt-on than a core part of the experience. I'd like to see you be able to converse/collaborate as a guest in other organizations without needing to switch between tenants.

Each context switch takes several seconds and is disruptive, I know I'm being picky here, but I believe this would help keep the end user experience smooth and drive adoption.

Thanks!

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base