Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow external users to use the Teams mobile app

I would like that my guests are able to use the Teams app too, since that really would allow all team members to have the full experience of teams and be able to collaborate faster. This not being available means all external users are tied to their computers to collaborate with people in my organization, and that limits this service a lot. Please vote if you feel the same way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Member of organisation can't acces team because of wrond Office version

I have added several of our consultants with their @company address, but some of them don't have the right Office version so they can't acces MS Teams. Because they have a @company address, they can't access as a guest also...

How to solve this problem?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Members to add Guests

Currently only Owners of a Team are allowed to add Guests to the Team. It should be possible for Members of a Team to Add Guests as well (or ideally, have a Toggle in the Admin Center, where it is possible for the Admin to allow Members to invite Guests)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

Make collaboration possible with guests who are als working in Office.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tenant Friending

Treat users in your own organization but on different tenant differently than a regular guest. We should not have to add them a a Guest user in our tenant.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guests cannot access Wiki

When an external Guest is added to an existing team, the guest is not able to access the Wiki.

Error message is "It looks like your SharePoint doesn't allow adding Wiki tabs"

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. guest add tab to channel

Have option to allow guests to create tabs in a channel. Guest already have access to add channels, if enabled, but can't add tabs.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Communication between internal organization and external at the same time without toggle

When having direct communications with other organizations, it's an annoyance that you have to toggle between your internal org and external. You need to be able to quickly communicate with everyone that you would normally communicate with in a normal day. If this is the Business solution MS is going with, it needs to meet the immediate and obvious business needs.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Powerapps as Tab available for Guests

Powerapps connected to Teams with Tabs should function also for Guests.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to add a guest when using the "Meet Now" feature

Currently you cannot add a guest to a meeting if you started the meeting with the "meet now" feature. Please allow this ability.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Maken guest acces possible on a per Team basis. I want guest access, but not for all teams

ik want to be able to enable guest acces per team. just like you can per SharePoint SiteCollection.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide central management for Guests invited in Teams

Current for guests invited in Teams, we can see a Guest contacts will be created in O365 Admin Portal --> Users --> Guest users. However, there is no detailed information showing who invited the Guest, which Teams group this Guest belongs to and there is no easy way to manage these Guests accordingly.

We would like to have central management feature for Guest users created in Teams.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Partage des canaux

Il serai bien de pouvoir gérer le partage avec un invité extérieur au niveau canal pour avoir une plus fine gestion du collaboratif.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let Guest access work like SharePoint guest access.

Let Guest access work like SharePoint guest access.
    Currently guest users are required to have a Teams subscription in their own tenant. It would be very helpful if guest access in Teams would function like guest access in SharePoint Online, including restricting the ability to invite guests to only those already in the Azure Active Directory associated with the tenant.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the conversations Newest on top, or at least provide th eoption

I shouldn't have to subscribe to a post to vote on it. I just want to add my two cents. I don't need MORE email with comments on the post that often are not germane to the discussion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mass Anonymous Guest Access

I wanted to suggest the addition of true guest access, that is to say unauthenticated access to Teams. I was thinking that a URL would allow access to an open Team that would allow users to use it as a "forum".

Our business need is using teams for our organization internally as a forum for users who've completed training.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest users are not shown in the list of participants

There are currently 2 participants in the meeting: Tallinn Videolab 1 (me) and a guest (my other PC, using Teams on Web). I can see the guest's camera image, but I cannot see his name (see the screenshot). The list of participants looks like I was the only one in the meeting, which is not true.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guest Display Name

Please provide a more obvious signal to the Owner who is adding a guest - to designate the Display Name at the time of adding a Guest.

If you don't edit the guest account name (by clicking on that teeny-tiny little edit button on the guest's email address) before you click 'Add' - there is no way to edit the Guest's display name.

Gotta delete and re-add.

Would be nice for a little more signal to the owner that "Here is where you set the Guest's Display Name."

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat with users from other tenants/organizations

I would like to have option to find people from other organizations/tenants and chat with them.
    1/ Teams user to teams user.
    2/ Teams user to Skype for Business user.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make joining meetings by phone more intuitive

Over the years with SfB, I have seen users struggle when joining Skype audio conferences. Inevitably, they join both by phone and computer, causing feedback. I think the join process could be made much more intuitive for Teams by making just a few small changes to the meeting join workflow and making the process identical for both guests and hosts, using the client, browser or app.

When a user joins via the web or client, first present an option of which audio to join. I know this was available to a certain extent in SfB… but the verbiage can be…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base