Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest Access

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

7,957 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

734 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

No big news on this topic. Just letting you know that we continue to work on this and progress is being made.

As Suphatra stated, there is a FAQs in the Guest Access Help Article. Just click the “FAQs” tab here: aka.ms/GuestAccessHelp

-Warren

• Guest access should be implemented at the Channel level

Once I enabled guest access on the tenant I can enable guest access to a team, but I can't give guest access to a single channel. There should be a way to do this as I will now need to create a guest team and an internal team when I share teams with customers.

266 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
        Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
        Thanks.

44 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • collaborating with external users

it will be ery nice if we can collaborate with exernal users too. that is, those outside the organisation

34 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Eliminate "Context" Switching from Guest Feature

The new guest feature is a great start, but it feels more like a bolt-on than a core part of the experience. I'd like to see you be able to converse/collaborate as a guest in other organizations without needing to switch between tenants.

Each context switch takes several seconds and is disruptive, I know I'm being picky here, but I believe this would help keep the end user experience smooth and drive adoption.

Thanks!

32 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Able to allow guest access for special teams (o365 groups) only, not all

Same concept already in for SharePoint Online sites, disable guest access on tenant level and set for special single sites only "allow external sharing", must be possible also for teams (o365 groups), in same way, current situation at the moment a show stopper for us, current domain handling not a solution

29 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Account switching not Working Correctly

Using the Guest Access in Teams for Desktop and Android versions. When I'm signed into my primary Office 365 Account, there is an "Accounts" choice available that lists my primary account and another Team that I have access to.

I've attached two screenshots. One is the menu from within Desktops where the Accounts section is available (Primary Account) the second is the menu where the Accounts selection is not available (Guest Account)

When the Guest Access first came out, I could switch back and forth between the two and would see notifications for the other Team when they came up.

16 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • List guest teams like Yammer

Instead of having to select tenant, pls have all teams in one list and mark those in other tenants with a globe. Much like Yammer.

Also have notifications displayed in the same manner. I.e one experience for everybody with no need to switch tenants.

It would give everybody a clearer and easier way of keeping track of all your teams, no matter of where they reside.

16 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Alerts in guest tenants

When you've been given access to a team as a guest there is currently no way to be alerted. All the little red notification only appear when you visit the guest team's tenant within Microsoft Teams. A notification on the account in "Your Accounts" would probably work.

15 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

10 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Trying to add an external member to the team results in error: "You are not authorized"

Microsoft Teams indicates that I can add external members: "You can also add people outside your organization as guests by typing their email addresses.". However, when I try to add an external member with an Office 365 work account, I get an error message "You are not authorized".

10 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Do not allow adding guests to a Team from people picker if guest access is disabled

When guest access is disabled for Microsoft Teams, do not allow the ability for members to add a Guest. This option is disabled by default and can be viewed/activated by going to:

Admin Center -> Settings -> Services & add-ins -> Microsoft Teams -> Settings by user/license type

This is a source of confusion for end users because it allows members to specify a guest user by email address in the people picker control. The Teams application then proceeds to sends the email to the guest user, only to have the guest not be able to view the Team after…

8 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Channel Mgmt

Need ability to set security controls at the Channel Level, especially when External Guests are invited to the Team site.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Guest access to online meeting

Skype for business online meetings allows for guests to join by simply typing in their name. Can Teams implement the same feature? I use skype for business to conduct product previews online to prospective clients with screen sharing, I can't do that with teams right now.

8 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option to skip Getting Started screens on Guest access

Whenever you accept an invitation to join a Team as a guest, you have to click Next through the getting started screens (four of them?). Add a Skip option on the first screen to bypass seeing the rest of them, if you are already familiar with Guest access (usually because you are already a guest in other Teams).

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to easily switch between accounts in Teams as easily as OneDrive

Today we can easily switch between multiple tenant accounts in the OneDrive App without a long log off log on process. We need to be able to do the same with Teams, both for the App and for the Desktop.

5 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• onedrive consumer

please add the ability yo use OneDrive, consumer versión, to it, no only OneDrive for Business, because, some of the customers have regular OneDrive and that's how they share some ítems with us.

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shared Channels between Organizations

Slack is now supporting the following:

Shared Channels between Orgs: https://slackhq.com/introducing-shared-channels-where-you-can-work-with-anyone-in-slack-8c5d2a943f57

Private Shared Channels between Orgs: https://slackhq.com/private-shared-channels-are-now-available-b187046b1bea

Please ensure that Teams supports both of these features as they're likely to be considered critical requirements from a conversation-based collaboration platform in 2018.

The experience should be as follows:
                                      1) Admin should be able to allow channels to be shared between orgs.
                                      2) Teams members should be able to invite Guests to channels.
                                      3) Teams members should be able to select who will externally be the "Self-Service Admin" of the channel on the other Orgs side.
                                      4) Global Admins on both sides…

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Guest-Access not working properly

Hey guys

I've noticed that a few things with your guest accounts aren't working properly.

- I can't access Teams on iOS where I'm listed as a guest (working on android)
                                          - I can't access a Planner-List (doesn't load login screen) in a team where I'm guest.

These are the ones I noticed so far.

Kind regards

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base