Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint tabs won't load

When adding a SharePoint tab to a channel, it will sometimes fail to load. Sometimes this can correlate with not being logged into the office 365 website through a separate browser. It also does not produce any error, the tab stays blank. Other users have found it works better to add it as a website tab, which prompts for login if the problem occurs. Should the expected behavior be that the tab loads because you are logged into teams and shouldn't need to login again?

This is another thread of users discussing this problem:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Sharepoint-page-stops-loading-in-Teams-client-Tab/m-p/236076#M16936

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spell check Adding new words

Can we add new words to the spell checker in Teams. My browser and office work with custom directories - extending that to work with teams would be fantastic - particularly as we tend to use a lot of technical acronyms and jargon not in the current dictionary

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams not generating thumbnails for youtube videos anymore

It used to be the case that whenever you posted a link to a youtube video, it would generate a thumbnail, but this is not working anymore.

It'd be great to have this back on and also make what's in here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38782594-display-youtube-video-title-and-description-when-s

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Still Scrolling Up

Teams Chat is still scrolling up (sometimes several pages) every time the text entry box expands to include more text. It's extremely disruptive.

If I had the option, I'd use Slack/Discord instead. But I'm stuck using Teams, so please fix this bug.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot share files in a Chat

In a Chat, if I click either the PaperClip or the Files Tab, I cannot attach a file.
    This applies to both the desktop and web versions of the application.
    Have uninstalled teams, rebooted, then reinstalled the desktop app.
    Have OneDrive for business set up.
    An solution?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Meeting links remain active after ending

This is critical in K-12. The links to meetings are staying open, even after the end of a meeting (scheduled or not). I can safely assume this is a big deal in any use, but it is especially critical in K-12 education, where we simply cannot have students/parents/etc. "borrowing" our meetings to have their own video chat room!

I desperately need a way to completely and finally end a meeting (and its link) when a meeting is complete.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No sound notification! That's hardly usable!

We need sound notification on incoming chats! Present situation ist creating a mess.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On Linux (Ubuntu) the beta MSTeams continues consume CPU after a call.

On Linux (Ubuntu) the beta MSTeams continues consume CPU after a call. 100% Reproducible on my laptop. Noted that by noise from my laptop's cooling fan not being turned off without any notable reason after a morning's daily meeting.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow removing all blocked domains in Teams admin center

When you go to the Teams admin center -> External sharing and add a domain as blocked, you can not remove it afterwards. You get an error "You must have at least one domain in the block list". Why is this if there are no blocked domains by default anyway?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug creating multiple plans in a Teams Channel

We have multiple channels within a team (e.g. Sales) and have added Planner links to each one. The first General channel was linked to the plan created automatically when the Team was created and this shows ok in Planner itself (as the Sales plan). However when we've added Planner links to other channels and selected Create New Plan the plan has been created and linked in Teams but when opening in Planner only the original Sales plan is showing. So we can create multiple plans from teams but cannot view them in Planner. The workaround is to go to Teams,…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status getting changed from Available to Away automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity

The status is getting changed automatically to away after 5 mins of inactivity though my laptop is in working mode and I'm working in different things. Please let us change the status manually or please provide an 'Idle time set up option'.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Program Startup Entry

Don't add a startup item on Windows called "Program" without any additional details.

It could be because this entry is malformed.

It's listed as "C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=PROPLUS

The quotation marks don't seem to be in the right place.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy link to task button not working

Copy link to task button not working within Windows/Teams client/Tasks tab/Opened taks

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat with Guests

I have added a guest to our AD. Guest access is enabled in teams. I can see the guest in chat and have sent them a chat message. I manually installed Teams for the Guest on their mac. They are not receiving my messages. Guest access needs to work in chats as well, not just in Teams.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base