Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop-up windows do not appear in live team meetings when sharing screens

Need to allow any application whether used in the cloud or on the cloud to show pop-up windows while in screen sharing mode. I load the app and can share on screen but if I open a sub-window (example Outlook open, then create new mail) the new mail pop-up window does not show on shared screen but initial outlook window does.

If I use outlook from the portal.office.com window it is not available when sharing my desktop at all.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team

2. Have the user comment on a thread

3. Remove the user's access to the team

4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.

5. The user will see the preview text in the notification

6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Camera not working

Camera shows black screen on Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.29053 (desktop app), on MAC os Mojave 10.14.1

I tried to reinstall the app but it did not help. It's been happening for more than 3 weeks already.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A folder's Last Modified date does not reflect most recent update made within the folder

The "modified" date shown for a folder does not change when contents of a folder are modified. For example, I created a folder called "Project Meetings" on 21-Nov-2017. Each week, new files (or folders) are added to this folder however, the modified date of the folder has remained "21-Nov-2017", even though its contents were modified as recently as 20-Dec-2017.

This is not consistent with how Windows presents folders and their modified date. If a file within a folder was updated on 20-Dec-2017, the modified date of the folder becomes 20-Dec-2017. Teams should work the same way and be consistent with…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change status automatically to busy when in a meeting

As the previous one got marked as completed (with comments disabled) I'll open a new one as a bug.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18629839-change-status-automatically-to-busy-when-in-a-meet?tracking_code=733718c26a9639ef6201d72700ec7dfb

I tried this multiple times but could not get it to work. It works fine in Skype4b but not Teams I tried restarting both or one of them but nothing helped. Currently on teams version 1.0.00.2845.

If it helps I also have the general status problems reported elsewhere (as do my colleagues). Mainly this means that status is set to away even when I'm actively working at the computer (but not using Teams at the moment). Often it also means…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. External Users included in Group Chats

Although it is stated that External users can't be added for some reason I've managed to do so but can't add more now. Please include this. Super essential. No reason why a group chat can't have external users.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft teams sending <div>***</div> to skype users

Randomly, team users sending messages to skype users are sending <div>text text text</div> to the skype users. So on teams it looks fine but for skype users they are seeing <div>'s wrapping the text of the message. It does seem to go away after a few minutes of use.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams for windows crashes EACH time i close it, so it reopens

Teams for windows crashes EACH time I close it, so my normal flow is
    1. close Teams
    2. it crashes and "reopens"
    3. close Teams
    4. works

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to share powerpoint with video and sound

person i shared a powerpoint that included a video with sound could not hear the sound

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharepoint tabs won't load

When adding a SharePoint tab to a channel, it will sometimes fail to load. Sometimes this can correlate with not being logged into the office 365 website through a separate browser. It also does not produce any error, the tab stays blank. Other users have found it works better to add it as a website tab, which prompts for login if the problem occurs. Should the expected behavior be that the tab loads because you are logged into teams and shouldn't need to login again?

This is another thread of users discussing this problem:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Sharepoint-page-stops-loading-in-Teams-client-Tab/m-p/236076#M16936

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Abilitiy to add spell-checked word to dictionary and to turn off spell checking altogether

1. Ability to add spell-checked word to dictionary!

2. Ability to turn off spell checking!

This is a bug, and Teams should never have been released with it!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need to have a Mic - Mute / UnMute feedback in the Teams UI (using Crestron RL3 SRS v2)

Mic - Mute / Unmute Feedback is not reflecting in the Teams UI. but in backend actually mute / unmute happens but Users may not be knowing either it is muted or unmuted from the UI. Attached example image for your reference.

Crestron RL3 (SRS v2).

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transparent team picture gets dark background

I'd consider this a bug: if you upload a team picture with a transparent background (a PNG) then the picture's background will be dark, despite the UI around it being light. See attached screenshot. I'd expect a transparent PNG to remain transparent.

Uploading the same image with white background provides the expected result.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. URL Support in Teams via SharePoint

Any URLs posted on a SharePoint site show up as documents within Microsoft Teams. Users must go to the SharePoint and then go to the URL. They should be able to click on the URL to launch the website directly from Teams.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. download

Why are downloads going to a hardcoded c:\username\downloads location as opposed to the default download folder that has been associated within the OS via Explorer? If you use a remote user drive having downloads go to the local C drive is not a good idea. Can this be changed to follow how things are mapped in Explorer? This seems like a bug to me.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change location of pop-up notification when chatting in a document

The pop up notifications block the space where you are supposed to type when you are chatting on a document causing a major disturbance.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base