Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to attached files (historical) for new user

At present users are able to see chat history if we provide necessary permissions. However user is unable to access files and other artifacts which are in the thread if user is added after the file has been uploaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. new numbers portal

TAC requesting new numbers, the site has just changed from giving a error message saying to email the ptsn team for the number request to saying that a request has been submitted.

The issue is most of us use an admin account that does not have email. The request just disappears into a black hole. There is no feed back on the screen or ticket number with the team to chase.

When trying to find out where we are for numbers you get no where.

What would make it better would be a link to the status of the ticket…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug - using Teams web, and using an account different from current, doesn't works

I have to login to two teams accounts simultaneously. One I do using the app, another one is using web. Since last week, I am not able to use teams for an account different from the current logged account.
    It keeps telling me to come back later. I checked and found this issue on different computers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My mic should always be mute and when i will unmute it then only other should listen my voice

My mic should always be mute and when i will unmute it then only other should listen my voice because of being automaticly unmute i get scolded by the teacher

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My mic should always be mute and when i will unmute it then only other should listen my voice

My mic should always be mute and when i will unmute it then only other should listen my voice because of being automaticly unmute i get scolded by the teacher

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. how to get rid of dead chat tips

Chat message have all read. but red tip is still exist. why not refresh and remove dead tips?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Same training presentation delivered at different times over different days.

I have one (1) training presentation to be delivered in the morning and evening on two separate days, and a fifth session on a third day--a total of five presentations. Participants are free to pick and choose whatever session works best with their schedule. Do I need to send out five separate and distinct meeting invites with participants simply accepting whichever date/time works best for them; or in the alternative, can I send out one invite containing the five various dates and times so they can select whichever date/time works best for them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please revamp the wiki! It's virtually pointless because it's so limited

Please revamp it so we can post in images and hyperlinks so that we can refer to heritage material that we have in other locations. A present these limitations make it almost worthless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exporting Project files to Excel should allow non-text formats

Dates in Project are clearly functional dates because they are used for calculations. There's no reason they shouldn't be exported to excel as a date format. "2020 February 09 7:00 AM" is a ridiculous and unusable format.

Please fix it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. During typing when someone message comes, my pre-typed message goes to the new person. Team should have solution for this, it's a privacy is

During typing when someone message comes, my pre-typed message goes to the new person. Team should have solution for this, it's a privacy issue too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: Call tune plays when pressing the play button while in Teams

When I'm in Teams and I press the play button to start some music from Spotify, the call tune starts playing. It is confusing, as you think you might be calling someone and it does not stop until you press pause again.

I have this bug on Mac OS, my colleague has this on Windows as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. a quick set up without consuming big cpu cycle

It consume a good amount of CPU cycle due to that other app is got not responding ,for both at the time of loading and reconnecting . please overcome with it .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show the whole Settings dialog or a scrollbar

If the main screen is not maximized when the Settings window is opened, the Settings window is cropped where it crosses the limits of the main window. Furthermore, there is no scroll bar shown in such circumstances and so the cropped section is not accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug with Teams Window Sharing during call or meeting

Fix Teams window sharing - Window list not updating during call
    On Teams client for Windows 1.3.00.28779 as well as 1.3.00.26064 that I've been able to test, when I'm already on a call and click the share content button, I am presented with a list of thumbnails of "Desktop" screens to share as well as Windows. The list of Windows is a list of windows that were open at the time the call started, and it does not update if I open new windows or close ones that were open. It continues to list windows that were previously closed, and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix participant name overlap

Prevent participant name overlap after you click "request to join." - Names appear on top of each other. You have to refresh the screen or click on another Icon and go back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base