Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Polls sometimes stops working in the middle of my call

Some users can no longer see the Polls I've launched; while others have already completed the Polls. also happens if someone leaves the call & returns, they can't see the polls any more.

One user did not appear to have the Polls menu item, using either the web version or the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rescheduling Meeting in Teams/Outlook

If you reschedule a meeting in Teams, it does not change the Outlook time. It should work in the reverse as well... If you change the meeting time in Outlook, it should update Teams.

There seems to be some weird behavior when you reschedule just one instance of a recurring meeting as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Screen sharing NOT working on Linux

Screen sharing now working on linux versio of teams app. I am running Ubuntu 20.04

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Join button not appearing for Channel meetings

Starting a meeting in a channel from the "Meet" button in that channel used to make a purple Join button appear. This button would let anyone who had access to that channel join the meeting.

As of about December 2020, what we started seeing was an entry in the channel chat that a meeting was started, but no Join button. We were able to get the join button to appear by closing and re-opening meetings several times.

As of February 2021, we can no longer get the Join button to appear no matter how many times we open and close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an intuitive way to exit/close/terminate Teams

Not just minimize/close the window, but really exit as in terminate the process. Without the need to start the Task Manager and terminate.
    Since I need to every day launch Teams, go to Settings, uncheck the 'Turn on new experience', close/exit/terminate Teams, and restart, in order for the setting change to kick in, that feature would be handy. If not fixing the persistence of settings so I would not need to go through that procedure every day.
    Or if the new experience would have a full screen view option, I would not need to use the old experience.
    You chose…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    New-Team コマンドレットで 256 文字以上のチーム名を指定するとチーム サイトが作成されない
    Cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet

■Description(内容):
    New-Team コマンドレットで 256 文字のチーム名を指定すると、チームは作成されるがチーム サイトが作成されない。
    チーム名の文字数を減らし、後から256文字に設定した場合は問題ない。
    公開情報上は DisplayName パラメーターの上限 256 と記載されているので、正しい情報なのか判別できないので、正しい動作に修正を行ってほしい。
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/new-team?view=teams-ps

-DisplayName
     Team display name. Characters Limit - 256.

You cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet.
    If you reduce the number of characters then set it back to 265 after creation with are no issues.
    According to publicly available information, the upper limit of the DisplayName parameter is given as 256, but we can’t tell if that’s…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. fhfh h fgh gh fghfghfhfh fgh

f sdfj sdkfjsl dkfsd fsd fsd fsd fsd fsdf sdf

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Presenter's view in Teams meeting should be much larger

I am the local Chapter Program Lead for Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing. We are attempting to migrate to Teams away from Facebook Live for our Live Fly-Tying broadcasts. It is imperative that our Presenter be able to see what the audience is seeing, in this case, our tying vice on the desk.
    I am the Team meeting Organizer and the Presenter. I have a USB camera and Teams sees it just fine. How do I make my own screen larger during my presentation instead of only a thumbnail if I am the Meeting Organizer and have the Spotlight? I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. website

people can't log in teams website

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts - Import only watches for time changes

I notice there is an issue with importing excel document into shifts.

I have shifts already entered into teams and then i want to import an excel to make chnages to my groups schedule.

I have only tested this with changes to the theme colour & custom label but i notice if you change these but keeps the same times as the already existant shift, it does not flag it as a conflict.

any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. website

Microsoft teams website not working people cont log in

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix validation error with MPNID in App Studio

App Studio no longer seems to allow publishing, citing a bizarre error that "MPNID cannot be empty". The error is erroneous since not only is MPN ID listed in the App Studio forms and schema as an optional field, but it shows this error regardless of whether the field is actually blank, set to a valid MPN ID (my employers' MPNID), set to a random 2/7/10-digit number, or even set to an alphanumeric string. I also tried going around to the Manage Apps page and uploading it directly, only for it to invalidate and fail there too.

Including a screenshot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams is hanging while uploading assignment

Everytime I try to upload an assignment, Teams is hanging and isn't giving back any response. So, I have to close it and open again to turn in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When creating a Meeting in Teams, location to should say "Microsoft Teams Meeting"

I noticed a bug in Teams. When you create a Teams Meeting in Outlook using the Add-In. Location is populated as "Microsoft Teams Meeting" but when you do the same in Teams. The Location is never pre-populated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scaling / zooming the client breaks keyboard shortcuts

This idea added the zoom feature to the Linux (Electron) client, which is handy: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16933183-scalable-ui-zoom-feature

It does add a weird bug, when using the keyboard combinations Ctrl -/+ to zoom the client, it breaks all other keyboard combinations.

So after zooming, combinations such as Ctrl N, Ctrl E, Alt up, Alt down, cease to work.

Only restarting the client brings back the keyboard shortcuts.

Additionally, zooming during full screen leaves the "Zoom 100%" floating window open. It does not disappear, as reported in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/40918618-when-in-full-screen-mode-zooming-causes-a-bug-f

System under test:

• Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.30857 (64-bit).

• Public preview desktop client for Linux on Ubuntu…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. White screen after accepting in app permission on both android and ios

I have installed ms team on ios and android. I have a app inside ms team. So whenever I click on the app from mobile app it says to sign in. After that I get a page where it wants me to accept request permission and then I get white screen where authentication page is white and the pop up is not closing. Please see the attached image

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Window/Application Screen Share Not Working - 3840x1600 U3818DW - T480 i7 8th Gen

Sometime in the past few weeks screen share has stopped working for my Teams app. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no effect.

When I try to share a screen, participants only see a black screen. I notice a red rectangle in my upper left corner. The preview icons also appear distorted.

If I choose to share my entire desktop the screenshare works as expected.

I saw on the below thread that a fix had been released for this issue as part of client version (1.3.00.13565). I appear to be on client version 1.400.2879 (64 bit).

Is there anything…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keyboard is not loading for Android app

Chat window does not load keyword automatically, I had to click text field to get keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Incoming call rings after answering.

When the incoming call notification pops up, it takes a while to start ringing, if I accept the call before that, the incoming call rings for a minute whilst I am on the call and does my head in.

If I wait to answer until the ringing starts, people hang up thinking I'm unavailable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [11:08 AM] Karp, Larry I noticed yesterday and today that the look and feel of Teams on my desktop computer looks different ​[11:08 AM]

[11:08 AM] Karp, Larry

I noticed yesterday and today that the look and feel of Teams on my desktop computer looks different

​[11:08 AM] Karp, Larry

The type face is faint

Outlook looks the same as last week

Also, I wasn't able to launch a Teams meeting from the Team calendar

​[11:09 AM] Karp, Larry

It seems like I need an updated Teams version for the desktop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)