Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot preview pdf file from sharepoint library with teams PDF file viewer

We have connect sharepoint library inside teams, when we select PDF file, the viewer keep loading, never end.

But it works for PDF file in teams.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No automatic refresh

Hi,

Teams never gets updated when I receive new DM or messages in channels. I sometimes get notifications, but the list of recent conversation never gets updated until I look for the conversation and click on it. Then, once I click on it, it finally updates and displays this conversation as "unread", at the top of the recent conversations.

I've had this issue for months and it still hasn't been fixed, could you please fix this once and for all? A messaging app that doesn't notify you of new messages is an aberration.

Thanks

Mathieu

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix profile Pic Uploading

When I try and upload a profile picture it always errors and fails. Uploading via Office 365 site doesn't work either: the picture uploads but doesn't appear on either my Office 365 Delve profile or in Teams.

Please fix

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Changing Team accounts also changes user account in Windows app

We have Teams set up for the company. To test external user access, I've added my private O365 account (which also has Teams set up).

If I log out of the Windows app and log on again with my private user, I get my private Teams up, with the possibility to change to my company Teams account.

If I do so, I get to the correct Teams account - but I'm now logged in with my company account! I didn't go through any login prompt, so there's probably a cached token somewhere.

I have found no way of using my…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add new team members by copying from Outlook

If I add new team members and simply copy them from an e-mail in Outlook (e.g. entire To line), it does not work. I have to manually remove the e-mail address. Also I can only add one after the other. First a person has to be found before I can paste the next name. Expectation: Copy / paste should work in the first place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. emojiOne

If you typing :

:s

to get more examples of emojis with a s-letter ,
    it immediately turns into a loudly crying face (:***:)
    so you can't choose an other emoji with the beginning of :s

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mac copy and paste excel

I was looking to rollout teams to both our office and that of a number of clients. During testing, I have found that when editing Excel files in teams on MacOS you can't select cells and copy to say Outlook the content just doesn't go into the clipboard. Whereas some functionality to copy or paste content within cell works.

Due to this, I have now had to recommend Google Apps and slack to over 5,000 users due to such a basic flaw in your application. This also means removing all other services related to Office 365 in favor Apps.

Come…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. markdown edit mode

I would've added both Bugs and Design categories if they were tags, but my suggestion is to bypass current issues so hopefully it fits. Markdown rendering in the Wiki tab is currently done live as soon as it's added. This causes several bugs when editing a wiki page, doesn't support editing markdown without completely replacing it and prevents being able to easily copy/paste content from another wiki, .md file, etc.
    My suggestion would be to only render markdown when a user is not in edit mode (wiki page>section is not focused). This would allow all of the above functionality and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The auto-save functionality crashed Excel

We have an Excel file we share via Teams which contains other embedded excel files. They are inserted as objects and some of those files also contain embedded files. If one of these embedded files is open when Teams auto-save function activates (or the user clicks "Save"), Excel locks up and crashes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate with the Microsoft Feedback Hub

UserVoice is meant to be used for feature requests, not bug reporting. The feedback button should be linked to the Microsoft Feedback Hub so we could attach screenshots of bugs. Most importantly this would allow enterprise admins to track all the bug submissions from their users using Windows Insider for Business.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to contact someone on Skype for Business after they have used Teams

After another user has tried teams, if they go back to Skype for Business it's not possible to message them on their Skype for Business account any longer. Please maintain a Skype for Business presence for these users in Teams.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About Microsoft Teams on OSX correctly shows the Version#, but not the 'last updated' date.

I was in a chat, somebody suggested that I was running an older version of Microsoft Teams. I proceeded to upgrade my Microsoft Teams client (on OSX) from 1.0.00.25152 to 1.0.00.26952 - and when I checked my version again, the 'last updated' timestamp displayed did not change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

REMOVE t-BOT from Teams ... just spam

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Links from documents viewed in Teams not working

I have a presentation uploaded in Teams. In the presentatio there are links to files also uploaded in Teams. When I view the presentation in Teams the links just do not work for me - when I click on them, nothing happens.

Could you please help me with that?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. can't navigate to specific hover menu item

I'm finding that very frequently I can't select a specific team, specific chat, etc. after hovering over one of the left nav options. As soon as I hover to the right to try and choose a team, for example, the window disappears. Restarts have not helped. Clicking the 'Teams' option in the main nav first also does not help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changing team photo in Desktop App

When attempting to change the team photo using the app doesn't always take, when it does the app displays the old photo in the favourites section until it is closed and restarted

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix the bug in the Mac app that makes it pop up and restart randomly.

On Apple products the Teams app randomly restarts and opens throughout the day. It is extremely annoying and impacts my work because I have to close it back down every time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Push notification not stabile

Push notification not stabile on iphones. All notification abilities switched on , however It may happen that you often miss the important message. We need a messanger like app to be 100% sure that new message will arrive and beep on phone. There is some bug in this this function as it not always work well.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Title bar should be blocked by task bar

When the Task (Start) bar is docked at the top of the screen, the Title bar of the window is blocked and hidden. Unless you know the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut, it's not possible to move/max/min the window.

>> Application should detect where the task bar is docked and calculate where to move so that the task bar doesn't block it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ftp links

Typing ftp://anyurl.com will cause Teams to crash.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base