Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On iOS app remove surname and leave first name when tagging.

Make it the same functionality as when tagging on the desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crash after extended idle time. Toolbar icon stays.

I often leave Teams on overnight, in the closed state. (Press the X to close the window, teams icon stays in the notification area. When I come to use it again the teams icon dissapears when i mouse over it, and I have to start teams again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug "Shift T" creates new Tab in OneNote within Teams

Remove this any other shortcut functionality triggered by normal text characters/typing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ringing does not stop after pickup

When receiving a call in Teams, a popup is displayed showing the incoming call. If you click "Accept" as soon as the popup is displayed, the ringing does not stop despite that you've already answered and are talking on the call. Waiting 5 seconds after the notification is displayed before clicking accept mitigates this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PowerBI Plugin Doesn't Allow Export Data

Exporting Data from PowerBI appears not to work... Doesn't launch Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat content shows some Guid instead of user name

We have latest version of teams, But recently in group we found that chat content shows some Guid instead of user name.

Screen shot attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams causing desktop spaces in macOS to work incorrectly

macOS 10.13.1
    Teams 1.1.00.1752

When a Teams window is open in one desktop space, and I use a trackpad gesture to swipe to the next desktop space, macOS will immediately snap back to the space that Teams is on.

This issue goes away when the teams window is closed or minimised.

The issue only replicates when teams is on a space on my built-in MacBook display, not when it is on a space on an external display. It replicates with or without external displays attached.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Complete the user voice requests, like notifications, GUI problems, away status and so on instead of adding any new features!

I just checked the release notes, and almost nothing of what you promise in the user voices threads have been any focus on...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

thank you!  ·  Warren responded

We are working to provide a more rapid response cadence in order to provide better updates and improve the frequency.

10. More half azz work

MS is a puzzle. I think the montra/culture there must be around a mission statement "we'll figure it out later".
    I was the biggest supporter holding on to the last phones as they came out. Still on one believe it or not. Teams is a great idea(no shortage in Redmond), but once again a half baked BS product that may or may not exist in a year. Here's one idea that could help you across the board. TEST YOUR F'ING WORK!! Pay me and I'll rip you a new **** around issues you need to do better at. Navigation!! Hire…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Airpod quality on Mac

On the Mac App, when I switch my audio to AirPods, it forces the entire OS mono, 16-bit Int, 16kHz audio.

The app should handle bit/sample rate conversion, instead changing the OS (or it should be an option). AirPod output can also play in stereo, 32-bit float, 44.1 kHz which shounds much better. This will also help compatibility with other external devices. The issue also exists in Skype for Business

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. group chats don't show up anywhere - but it shows a notification for new messages

Group chats don't show up under the "Chat" menu item - but the notification shows "1" for a new message. You have to guess who might have sent you something by typing in the search at the top of teams and going through all your group chats. The only work around I've found at this point is to flag each group chat as a "favorite".. This is silly..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. create file has bad extension behaviour

i create a new word doc. i call it foo.docx. Teams calls it foo.docx.docx. DUH.

I try to rename it to remove the unwanted double extension. Teams ignores what I type and refuses to do anything. No information ... just stubborn.

I open it in sharepoint. Now I learn it is in use or locked. Well that is obviously not true - I just created it and it is empty. I can find no way to mark a file unlocked / unused (though a rumour suggests waiting for some time may work).

There are so many usability issues in what…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using @mentions on Android app names (after comma or space) turn to text and gets duplicated.

When using @mentions on Android app names (after comma or space) turn to text and gets duplicated. If you delete those duplicate names (texts) and leave only portion of it that still has a link then it works fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hovering in Teams overrides system brightness

when hovering over tabs and icons in teams, it will override my system brightness settings for arbitrary ones that teams appears to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Feedback for editing in Excel

I wanted to give some feedback on the Microsoft Teams editing excel sheets that are already saved under the "files" tab. While working on it I’m coming across a few concerns:

1.) It’s very slow to make changes if I do a copy/paste into any of the cells (in some instants it doesn’t even paste anything into the new cell that I choose even though it is in the same excel sheet and tab that I am currently working on).

2.) Randomly my changes will not save at all. Even if I close out the excel sheet and come back…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 'Alt + ...' commands

When I typint an 'Alt + ...' command in 'Start a new conversation...' text field it lags.

For example, type a 'Alt + 1' command ant the smile image shows on 'Start a new conversation...' text. After few seconds or then you press any (button on your keybord) / (icon on your desktop) text field recognize that is a symbol.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Message Card Action OpenUri crashes when url includes star

If the url set in a webhook connector for an action includes a star character, then the link does not work (see below for example webhook json (the potential action part)

{
    "@type": "OpenUri",
    "name": "View Search Results",
    "targets": [
    { "os": "default", "uri": "https://url.com?query=bla*" }
    ]
    }

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Only notebooks stored on SharePoint or OneDrive for Business are supported in Teams.

When creating a new OneNote tab in the latest version of Teams I'm presented with three options for the tab. They are "Create a new notebook", "Browse notebooks", and "Paste a OneNote link". I copied the link to a specific section from a OneNote (both in the desktop client and in the web interface) that is stored in our O365 tenant. This OneNote is in Sharepoint online. However I receive the following error message.

Only notebooks stored on SharePoint or OneDrive for Business are supported in Teams.
    Session Id: fa4b5b74-097a-4736-b534-04206386c432
    Correlation Id: 6b318b70-1f8f-441f-a4f5-530f36934011

I tried Browsing notebooks as well but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.