Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable change of columns width in contacts sheet

I can only see half of the names of my contacts and there appears to be no way to change the column width. Note also that I still use a laptop with 1024*768 resolution which this app is wholly inadequate for and a complete overhaul to support low resolution screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On Screen Button (Active/Deactive)

On screen buttons are not getting changed as per the headsets keys(Mute/Unmute) though functionally it's working as expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Uploading a folder to "Files"

When I upload a folder into Teams, it only uploads the files inside the folder and does not create the source folder. If I use the "Open in SharePoint" option, and execute the exact same procedure, the folder is created, and then the files are uploaded. Microsoft Teams Files should behave just like SharePoint.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams consumes a lot of CPU power even though idle!!! (W10)

Since some update the application utilizes CPU a lot also when idle! When I'm on battery it is a disaster!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display bug since recent Teams update on incoming call with call queue

Until recently the popup for Incoming calls displayed the name of the call queue, but since a recent update it started showing a cryptic ID in the Format xx:orgid:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the call queue name. I have attached a screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Issues with Teams and Excel on Android

Hi, I have a Google Pixel 2XL (running latest version of Android) and am having issues opening excel through the teams app. I have both apps installed and up-to-date on my device, and can access shared documents on teams with the PPT or Word applications but not the Excel one. I can view the preview on excel online in teams but when i click to open directly in Excel it says "Cant Open file, ***.xlsx may be locked, in use or you dont have suffient permissions".

I have tested this on documents i own, old ones, archived ones and current…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams Mac prompts for password every launch. I am up to date...

Teams Mac prompts for password every launch. Why does it do this? I opened a support ticket and they couldn't help me, referred me to this place.

Does anyone actually vote in here? Seems like unless you have 10,000 votes nothing gets done. What a poor system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to view the profile image in Outlook if changing Teams setting

If User A signs in to Teams app and checks Register Teams as the chat app for Office checkbox, the profile image of User A, which is set in Azure AD (including Azure AD synced with on-premises Active Directory), is not shown in Outlook. So, we strongly would like to ask the image would be shown correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Load messages sent from desktop in mobile app chats

After sending messages on the desktop app, through the 1:1 chat functionality, they do not appear in the mobile app.

It would be awesome if this was fixed :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restore tab conversation message in conversation tab when it was deleted

When you start a tab conversation, in the converations tab a message is posted "Tab conversation has begun.". When you delete this message every new message inside the tab conversation would be displayed under a deleted message in the conversation tab. Somehow confusing, even if this should be correct! Restoring the original message would make more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Me again. The team says this bug is happening when the user is at 85% zoom on Teams. Can you check to see if you are, and if the problem goes away if you go to a different zoom level? Please comment on this thread or email me at sparavi@microsoft.com with what you find, so I can crush this bug. Thank you!

13. Shared files inaccessible to new chat members in Teams

If a new member is added to Teams chat, she/he cannot access any previously shared files in that particular Teams chat group.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channel name is not updated in files section

I created a channel and then renamed it. In the files section, at the top navigation, the old channel name still appears and cannot be edited

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. volume

Since the update during the week of May 7, 2018, every time I join a meeting, my system volume gets adjusted to be extremely high, which is highly uncomfortable with headphones.

Previously, the volume wasn't adjusted at all. Please restore it to this state.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification badges with multiple accounts

I'm using teams with two accounts. Teams often shows a notification badge on the account selector for the inactive account. When I switch over, there are no badges on any of the teams and channels. It's totally unclear what triggered the notification badge in the account selector. This is rather annoying since switching accounts takes a quite while and notifications like that constantly demand attention.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change Voicemail Greeting link does not appear on Yealink handset

Yealink Teams handsets dont appear to show the Change Voicemail Greeting link, meaning that users who only have handsets deployed for Teams calls are unable to change their voicemail greeting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile notification for already read notifications

Sometimes I get notifications on mobile but before I get to look at them (within about a second) they get removed because they are already read on desktop. So the problem here is that the notification seems to be triggered before the check to see if it has already been read (the message was read well before the notification was triggered).

I'm using the Android version of the app so I'm able to tell that it is Teams causing the notification only by checking the notification log.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.