Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Teams so it stops automatically scrolling UP in chat

This is obviously a bug and seems to occur in the current build. When you're typing and the text entry field expands (due to number of characters typed, a big copy/paste, or Shift+Enter), the chat window scrolls up between 1-4 pages.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emojis are stupid. Please remove emojis.

Emojis are dumb and they assume I mean to insert a yellow face when I mean for the reader to see :-)

PLEASE REMOVE THE EMOJI 'FEATURE' or allow users to disable it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

Hello Team, Till last few days Team has Option To open Excel file in "Excel Online Version" now it is not available.Could that be restored

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Small screen resolution: document chat blocks close & options button

When the screen width is below 500px, the document chat blocks the close and options buttons.

This often impacts users in my organization with smaller laptops (Surface pros/Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1)

Confirmed bug from [Ticket #:16901615] in house testing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Program Startup Entry

Don't add a startup item on Windows called "Program" without any additional details.

It could be because this entry is malformed.

It's listed as "C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=PROPLUS

The quotation marks don't seem to be in the right place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is

There is no option to get web chat conversation as a pop up on mobile devices. It would be great to have that feature if one integrates it on their public Web site for customer support as I had in https://www.optanesystems com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide/Unhide chat bug

When I hide a chat with Person A, it's gone from my Recent Chat list - which is great.
    Like mentioned below, I miss a 'show hidden chats' button.

But there's also a bug: if you then search for Person A, the chat re-appears under Recent Chat - which is great. But when you click on the 3dots, you get the option of 'Unhide' when it's already unhidden. Something isn't quite right with the hide/unhide of chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Issue with copy/paste of images

Hi, I'm using V 1.0, having trouble with receiving image files, image pasted into MS Word (copied from Teams chatbox) shows as blank ?? is this a known issue?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Voicemail settings don't stick - Voicemail cannot be activated

We can see Voicemail settings in Teams and they are changeable. But the new settings don't stick, the option is always reverted back to "do nothing".

I've tried changing the settings via Teams client and via the web version, but the problem persists.

The voicemail works only on my test account, which is Online (hybrid) whereas all other accounts are On-premises (hybrid). Otherwise the accounts are identical.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We couldn't add a mate to the group

"We couldn't add a mate to the group" is the message I get when trying to add most of my team members to Favourites (Contacts). There is one team member that I can add for some strange reason. I can create a contact group but can't add anyone to it for the same reason.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. mute feedback API

conference mic mute feedback event does not work. Conference speaker mute feedback event works correctly. I can set the Conf Mic Mute but I do not get the event of the conf mix mute status changing like I do with the Conf Speaker mute. Please fix. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All incoming calls from some users (in island or Teams Only mode) end up as missed call notifications. The call doesn't ring,

All incoming calls from some users (in island or Teams Only mode) end up as missed call notifications. The call doesn't ring, caller can be internal or external.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. meeting won't end

I have a meeting that won't end even though both people hung up on their phones.
    I have another meeting that won't end because our customer did not hang up and as organizer I cannot end the meeting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop suggesting a name when i type unless I use the @ symbol.

Anytime I type a B to start a work, Bobby shows up. That's Bobby. I mean bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mobile App - Out going & In coming calls

When making outgoing calls app just rings a few times and then closes (crashes) forcing app to be reopened. Also on some incoming calls the transfer option not available, the three dots are greyed out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to insert links in Wiki tab if the window size of Teams app is smaller

If the window size of Teams app is smaller, you see the “Insert link” icon under More options (・・・) by going Tool bar in Wiki tab .

With that situation, you cannot insert a link correctly by clicking the “Link” in the menu.

So, we would like to insert links even if the window size is small.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When creating a Team appointment - does not have a save option (see youtube link)

If we would like a meeting to appear within one of our channels in MS Teams, we need to create the meeting, click schedule, and then close the meeting. When we close it, it will ask us if we want to discard our changes. Please see the following YouTube video showing this issue
    https://youtu.be/CXpTy8evr8Y

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. External contact showing bad status and having communication errors

Hi Team,
    We are experiencing a very strange behavior in teams.
    Some externals contacts (we are both Island federated) have their status as ''not available or not connected'' whereas they are actually online and available. We can not chat thru Teams App (web and desktop), we get error "This user is unavailable or offline. We've sent an email instead" and mail never reaches recipient. Within Skype for Business 2016 Desktop app, the contact is shown as ''not connected" but we can chat each other and can't send file or picture.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. handle hyperlinks via chat command and notification quick reply

Hyperlinks when posted into the compose box or reply box work.
    When replying inside the notification popup, or using the /chat command, they always get posted as plaintext.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.