Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Team does not work when using Folder Redirection on AppData

MS Team does not work when using Folder Redirection on AppData. I am not sure if it's due to the AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming are in the separate systems or redirected AppData folder is called AppData instead of AppData\Roaming.

This is a big problem for us to use Teams with Folder Redirections.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove control bar

Like Skype give an option to hide or minimise the control bar - it interferes with viewing presentations and live camera visuals.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share to Outlook does not send whole conversation

Expected behavior:
    When you select Share to Outlook for a long conversation, the whole conversation should be sent in the email.

What actually happens:
    The email you receive is limited to somewhere between 250 and 200 latest replies and will not have the full conversation.

This severely limits the usefulness of this function, and for teams that have longer conversations, makes it useless.

Can you please fix this bug?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When receiving a call, the ring tone is being paused when using pause/play button

I want to pause my music (Spotify) when receiving a call in Teams. When I use the play/pause button on the keyboard, I'm pausing the ring tone instead of Spotify.

Teams: 1.3.00.28778

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams status appears away when using Remote Desktop

I am working from home on a laptop and using a remote desktop connection. While using this connection through my laptop, actively using my laptop and clicking/typing inside the remote desktop, it registers on my laptop as being "away". It will even mark me offline after a sufficient amount of time. It should register that I am using my laptop keyboard/mouse, even if I am remotely logging into another desktop. It should see a remote desktop connection as a software being run on my laptop that I am actively using. It should not mark be as being away from my…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please fix Destop app on chromebooks Accer! I CANT EvEN JOIN MEETINGS I CANT DO ANYTHING

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop incoming call notification on mobile app when active on desktop

I have selected the notification setting on my mobile app to notify "Only when inactive on desktop/web"

However when I am active on desktop/web, incoming calls continue to notify. The UI presents "incoming calls" as a notify option just like the other options for chat, mentions, replies, etc..., but it does not follow the same behavior when the inactive on desktop/web option is selected.

This inconsistency is confusing and can be frustrating as a result. Please make incoming call notification behavior consistent with the other notifications and turn them off when the inactive flag is set.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Owners are only added as owners and not as members on Office 365 groups.

When you create a team from the Microsoft Teams admin center, owners are only added as owners and not as members on Office 365 groups.

A group with 0 members is created, which causes the planner to fail.

We work around this by adding the owner as a member from the Microsoft 365 admin center.

Teams created from the Teams app have Owners added to Owners and Members when viewed on Office 365 Groups.

No errors in the planner tab.

I want you to improve this behavior.
    As of 2018, Microsoft agents are aware of the community.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/create-plan-failed-when-creating-planner-in/385660aa-ba9e-4ed8-9d55-896d752589a4

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. share screen desktop mac doesn't work

When trying to share my screen desktop in a teams-meeting i get the instruction to enable Teams in "Screen recordings" but it's already enabled. This happende with the last update.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. About the Stream icon on Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 上の Stream のアイコンについて
    About the Stream icon on Teams

■Description(内容):
    チャットやチームをポップアウトした際に、投稿欄下部にあるアイコンの一覧から Stream のアイコンが表示されなくなるため、Stream のアイコンの追加や表示をしてほしい。

If you pop-out a chat or team, Stream disappears from the list of icons below the posting field, so please add or show the Stream icon here, too.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Secondary ringer keeps resetting

Currently, Teams keeps changing Secondary ringer to "none" for me. I usually have it set to my PC's speakers or a Jabra Link 370 paired to a Jabra Speak 510, but it is not saving this setting.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Breakout Rooms Linux fix

On the Linux client for Teams, Users are not automatically added to the given breakout room. This is strange because one can be invited to and join an existing breakout room, but it does not work automatically. Leaving the room works as intended, and all other features seem alright as well.

This has really restricted me because my school uses Teams and I prefer the Linux operating system (Switching between Windows and Linux is a pain and a large waste of time).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About deletion of Box folders added with the “Add cloud storage” item in a team

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams チームの「クラウドストレージを追加」項目から追加した Box フォルダの削除について
    About deletion of Box folders added with the “Add cloud storage” item in a team

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams において、チームのファイルタブの「クラウドストレージを追加」項目から追加した Box のフォルダを削除する際、「削除」項目が2つ表示されます。
    左側の「削除」からは、削除が行えず、右側の「削除」からのみ削除が行える動作のため、2つ表示される「削除」項目を 1 つに改善し、Box フォルダの削除が行えるよう機能の改善を要望いたします。

Currently on Teams, if you delete a Box folder that was added with the “Add cloud storage” item in the team file tab, there are two “delete” items displayed.
    The left-hand one does not delete the folder, but the right-hand one does, so please merge both of these into one “delete” option, making it possible to delete these Box folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flickering Video Edges / Misaligned Border

Video can flicker at the edges. The seams between video feeds is marginally misaligned.

Further details and screenshot here:
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/msteams-docs/issues/2479

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams is always auto change my status is aways, but I'm working on other application. It is very annoying.

I'm really bothering with this auto away feature. Please fix it. I'm working on my computer and doing the program but teams become away. I don't know why but it doesn't make any sense for this silly function.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base