Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add feature for delete entire chat

please add feature for delete entire chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Webex Presentation or a video presentation should not be considered as inactivity by teams

User presence in Teams does not reflect correctly. If a webex presentation is on or a video presentation is on, or associate is watching a video presentation as part of training, Teams picks up as "Not active" and updates the user presence as "Away". This is not right. Skype has the "sense" to know there is activity going on, on the screen whereas Teams fails in this area. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. remove the 2nd popup when opening a file, the one that says "opening Excel (Word, etc), but feel free to continue to use Teams"

That extra screen is an extra keystroke. Everyone that uses Teams understand that you can have the file open and continue to use Teams. It's understood/implied even without the popup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Selecting "Quit" should close the application

Teams is minimized on startup, the tray icon is there. I select Quit - teams exits and then reloads.

Just a whacky concept, but perhaps Quit should mean Quit? Not restart. I often now just kill the Teams process since it won't leave nicely

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have observed that inactive accounts are still visible on teams and setting activated for inactive accounts still pop up

Eg a colleague who has already left the organization and for whom an alert on being available was activated still pops up when he has already left the organization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keyboard shortcut "C" doesn't work after you edit a posted message.

[Step to reproduce]
    1 ) Select a chat room where the latest message is post by you.
    (shortcut key: Ctrl +2 then select a chat room by Alt + ↑/↓)
    2 ) Focus in compose box.
    3 ) Edit your message.
    (shortcut key: Press ↑ if your message is latest in the chat room)
    4 ) Move Activity and Press C.
    (shortcut key: Ctrl + 1 then C )

[Expected Behavior]
    Focus in compose box.

[Actual Behavior]
    Can't focus in compose box. Even If you complete edit the message, shortcut key "C" still doesn't function.

[Operating System]
    Teams ver 1.2.00.27559,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search

No search. I do not understand why we changed from Skype to this hobby-ware Teams...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to share video and video audio during a meeting

I want to share video/film and audio from film during a meeting (share screen). I want to be able to control it so I can take away the audio and only show Video, so I can speak at the same time. I should be able to share from Youtube or Vimeo or other channel... Is this possible?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. meeting won't end

I have a meeting that won't end even though both people hung up on their phones.
    I have another meeting that won't end because our customer did not hang up and as organizer I cannot end the meeting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shoot MS

I want Microsoft Teams to go away. It's the most bloated, slow, resource-hungry, duplicative, pointless piece of software MS has introduced in a while. Windows 98 - good, ME - garbage, XP - good, the next one - awful, 7 - good, 8 - confused, 10 - ok. Teams - just no, no, no. I don't have enough space in this text box to enter all of the reasons why - just, how did this thing make it to market? It chews 15% CPU and half a gig of RAM when I'm not even using it / have it started.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Theme system default android

New dark feature is great for Teams on Android but could you add the options for Teams theme to follow what the system default is set to. Outlook and To Do have add this and it makes it a whole lot easier to switch to dark theme on my phone and apps follow along rather than changing each individual app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to insert links in Wiki tab if the window size of Teams app is smaller

If the window size of Teams app is smaller, you see the “Insert link” icon under More options (・・・) by going Tool bar in Wiki tab .

With that situation, you cannot insert a link correctly by clicking the “Link” in the menu.

So, we would like to insert links even if the window size is small.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If searching a user and accidentally minimize teams search text is gone

If i enter any text in search or a user id and if accidentally minimize teams/ switch tab before selection then the search text is gone and we have to type the text again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG - Sticks on white logon screen, after domain password reset

After a user resets their domain password, they are unable to log into the local MS Teams app.

They will launch the teams app, which asks for the users email address to logon. If the users enter the correct email address logon, the application sticks on a white screen for the password, then produces an error within the app. “Something when wrong”.

To get around this, the users enter a different, incorrect email, the password window appears as normal, then the users select “use a different account”, which goes back to the email address, so they can enter the correct…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add space after auto-completion

After auto-completing the name of a teammate to mention, a space should be added for convenience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you click the app launch tool from the Teams screen, you want to hide apps that you don't have a license for.

OneDrive and users who don't have an Outlook license will also be able to see the app, so they want to hide it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to share powerpoint with video and sound

person i shared a powerpoint that included a video with sound could not hear the sound

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. share screen desktop mac doesn't work

When trying to share my screen desktop in a teams-meeting i get the instruction to enable Teams in "Screen recordings" but it's already enabled. This happende with the last update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base