Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unread message keep being unread even after marked as read....

My Teams app keeps displaying unread message notification both on the tray and inside the app even after I read the message and click on "Mark as read"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams consumes a lot of CPU power even though idle!!! (W10)

Since some update the application utilizes CPU a lot also when idle! When I'm on battery it is a disaster!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display bug since recent Teams update on incoming call with call queue

Until recently the popup for Incoming calls displayed the name of the call queue, but since a recent update it started showing a cryptic ID in the Format xx:orgid:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the call queue name. I have attached a screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Issues with Teams and Excel on Android

Hi, I have a Google Pixel 2XL (running latest version of Android) and am having issues opening excel through the teams app. I have both apps installed and up-to-date on my device, and can access shared documents on teams with the PPT or Word applications but not the Excel one. I can view the preview on excel online in teams but when i click to open directly in Excel it says "Cant Open file, ***.xlsx may be locked, in use or you dont have suffient permissions".

I have tested this on documents i own, old ones, archived ones and current…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Load messages sent from desktop in mobile app chats

After sending messages on the desktop app, through the 1:1 chat functionality, they do not appear in the mobile app.

It would be awesome if this was fixed :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restore tab conversation message in conversation tab when it was deleted

When you start a tab conversation, in the converations tab a message is posted "Tab conversation has begun.". When you delete this message every new message inside the tab conversation would be displayed under a deleted message in the conversation tab. Somehow confusing, even if this should be correct! Restoring the original message would make more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Me again. The team says this bug is happening when the user is at 85% zoom on Teams. Can you check to see if you are, and if the problem goes away if you go to a different zoom level? Please comment on this thread or email me at sparavi@microsoft.com with what you find, so I can crush this bug. Thank you!

8. Fix PowerPoint animation issue when presenting in Teams

I've just discovered that my PowerPoint animations are not displaying correctly for participants! The animations work perfectly fine in my presenter view within Teams, but everyone else on the call sees them incorrectly. The slides in question have a few animations to build up the slide. When viewed as an attendee, the animation is all over the place. I realise that a potential solution is not to include animation in my slide but I'd like to have confidence that the animation I see as a presenter is the same for attendees. The attached video is showing the two experiences side…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. android home button hides the call window

When I receive a call on the Android app, if I accidentally click the home button, the home screen starts and there is no way for me answer the call as the call screen disappears. (unless if I'm doing something completely wrong)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. volume

Since the update during the week of May 7, 2018, every time I join a meeting, my system volume gets adjusted to be extremely high, which is highly uncomfortable with headphones.

Previously, the volume wasn't adjusted at all. Please restore it to this state.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Export Schedule", nothing happened.

I am using Shifts at Teams App on Desktop. After I click "Export Schedule", nothing happened. I can't find any excel file downloaded to anywhere

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug - URL inside parentheses

If a URL is inside parentheses, it will display correctly (color changes and underlines on mouseover appropriately), however when clicked it appends the closing parenthesis and any additional characters to the end of the URL until it reaches a space. It does it on the tooltip when mousing over as well.

For example if you post (http://www.test.com/)
    it will try to take you to http://www.test.com/)

If you post (http//www.test.com)This site is awesome!
    it will try to take you to http://www.test.com/)This

If you do not end the URL with a slash, it still includes the parenthesis, but…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Welsh

When using the Teams app with the language set as Cymraeg the date format is in USA date format. Can this be changed to UK format?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One Note crashed

MS Teams and One Note On Line crashes when dictate option use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disappearing messages and replies

With the Windows 10 Teams app, this has happened a few times now: I post a message in a channel and a co-worker responds to it. I get the notification that they replies to my message and I can see it in the Activity tab. However, when I navigate to the channel, their response is not visible.

Additionally, I've quit out of Teams and restarted. When I navigated back the channel in question, my original message is no longer visible.

Not sure what exact steps are necessary to reproduce the issue because it doesn't always happen.

My colleague can see…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy must be based on OS specific

when we copy messages received in linux machine, we can see more line feed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contacts stored in Outlook with "Company" name only import into Teams with NO NAME AT ALL. BLANK!

I store numerous (100+) contacts in Outlook using only a "Company" name. No person or first/last name is associated with these contacts. Works well in Outlook...Not so well in Teams. After setting up Teams today I discovered that 100% of my "Company" contacts are nameless in Teams. Can't even access a contact card to find the name if I wanted. Microsoft, you were the forefather of making product integration seamless. Maybe it's time for a course-correction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. handle hyperlinks via chat command and notification quick reply

Hyperlinks when posted into the compose box or reply box work.
    When replying inside the notification popup, or using the /chat command, they always get posted as plaintext.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When receiving message ,it's seems that "typing.." message is shown also afterwards.

When receiving message ,it's seems that "typing.." message is shown also afterwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.