Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Virtual backgrounds on mobile app

Virtual backgrounds on mobile application

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio delay on iOS

When call from Teams to Teams or external into Teams the user answering the incoming call is using Teams on an iOS device, we are finding an audio delay for multiple seconds, in some cases about 5 seconds or more, before the calling party can hear them. Looking forward to your feedback, known bug, or direction on Microsoft's plan to fix as it seems global for iOS users and can be isolated down to Teams to Teams calling, which eliminates PSTN carrier delays

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sure you’ve heard this before. A way to make the control bar disappear as it does not always respond to the cursor being outside the present

Button to make the control bar disappear. Not always responding to cursor being off presentation area.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Problems with notifications Android

Notifications do not appear on Android, even rightly configured.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to improve the disclosure of information about the typographical errors described in the url and the phenomena.

I would like to improve the disclosure of information about the typographical errors described in the url and the phenomena.

Title : Microsoft Teamsでの文字入力不具合について
    URL : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/日本語/microsoft-teamsでの文字入力不具合について/idi-p/735486

Wordの例:カーソルをフォーカスした後、ローマ字入力の状態で、例えば「ta」と入力すると「あ」(最初に入力したTが無視される)になる
    Excelの例:特定のセルだけがダブルクリックでセルの編集状態にならず、上部の数式バーに表示されている内容を直接入力、編集しようとしても文字が入力されない。

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug with notifications after new update in Mac OS

Notifications bug on MacOS 10.15.4 after new update V 1.3.00.4460. When connected to external monitor notifications appear fully white colour without any content in it (see attachement). When you hover over mouse than content appear. Tried to reinstall 2 times same issue

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Managing membership of MS Team's team by distribution list management

Adding or removit members from distribution list should respectively add or remove members from the team too. so admins do not manually have to add/remove members from Microsoft Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Whiteboards uneditable unless organiser gives privilege.

As a teacher, I can easily share a "Microsoft Whiteboard" with my class. They write on it, I write on it in a meeting - wonderful.
    When the meeting/lesson has finished, they can still edit the whiteboard without me being aware of it. If they were to paste in an inappropriate picture and then, next lesson I open it - I am going to be embarrassed. In fact, if I never use that whiteboard again, the pupils might accidentally access it again, without me having seen the changes.

A potential mine-field!!!!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. HOMEWORK: Have the possibility to have only the homework that have been returned

Now when we correct homeworks, we can sort the files before but when we came to correct we have all the homeworks.

I would like to have the possibility to view only the homework that have been returned instead of viewing all the copies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We would like to have control feature using Teams in a browser. Currently to give and take control of shared content during sharing, both pa

We want control possible on Web Teams Currently, to give and take control of shared content during sharing, both parties must be using the Teams desktop client. Control isn't supported when either party is running Teams in a browser. This is due to a technical limitation that we're planning to fix.

From: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams#allow-a-participant-to-give-or-request-control

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide Chats

I've been trying to use the substitute for deleting chats in Teams, but the 'Hide' function does not seem to work properly. I have to select the hide option 10+ times for a chat to actually go away. This is sooo annoying considering deleting/closing out of a chat was better and easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Analysis & reports function in the Teams admin center

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターの分析 & レポート機能について
    Analysis & reports function in the Teams admin center

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターの分析 & レポート機能は、日付の範囲を指定しても UTC 時間で結果が出力されるため、JST などローカルの時間に直す機能を追加してほしい。

Even if you set the time & date parameters in the Teams admin center analysis & reports function to Japanese-time, the results are still output in UTC. Please allow the time zone to be changed to JST, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop incoming call notification on mobile app when active on desktop

I have selected the notification setting on my mobile app to notify "Only when inactive on desktop/web"

However when I am active on desktop/web, incoming calls continue to notify. The UI presents "incoming calls" as a notify option just like the other options for chat, mentions, replies, etc..., but it does not follow the same behavior when the inactive on desktop/web option is selected.

This inconsistency is confusing and can be frustrating as a result. Please make incoming call notification behavior consistent with the other notifications and turn them off when the inactive flag is set.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why can't i paste into meeting notes? it seems insane that the basic copy/paste function doesn't work for meeting notes.

I tried pasting basic text into the meeting notes function. not possible. how is it possible in 2019 that microsoft doesn't support copy/paste in an application? i can paste the same message into the CHAT but i can't paste into NOTES? are you kidding?

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Contact Group Issue in TEAM Chat

I have created several contact lists for various groups. I cannot figure out how to start a chat / send a message to individual GROUPS / Contacts. Please fix this as I would think the point of creating a Contact list is to enable users to quickly and easily send messages to a select group of people.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Excel not working when sharing

When sharing an Excel Spreadsheet in a meeting, the spreadsheet locks up, cannot scroll through the page or make changes to the cells. Witnessed by multiple staff in our organisation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Q&A strips line breaks

Responding to questions in a live event Q&A strips out line breaks in responses.

Question responses often require basic formatting. If you allow users to insert line breaks with shift+return, it's very frustrating to then have them all removed.

Teams 1.3.00.8663, macOS 10.14.6 (18G4032)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contain bots in the result of the List conversationMembers" API

Current "List chats" seems to return only non-bot users.

Background

I'm creating a MS Teams bot which periodically checks the users' Outlook calendar by background threads spawned after the user logs in. We usually use OAuthPrompt of the Bot Framework to implement some "log in feature" for bot, but OAuthPrompt doesn't seem to provide a way to keep the access token valid while the user is off the chat (i.e. refresh token). So I got an idea that I create a tiny web app just for the bot users to log in as their MS account, then associate their…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Play WAV files in-line

When posting WAV files as an attachment, you used to be able to play the file within Microsoft Teams without downloading it, but a recent update has stopped this from working. Now it only works for MP3.

I had set up a Voicemail system to automatically email a WAV file into the Microsoft Teams channel and then the user played it directly in Teams.

Now the user has to Download the attachment and then manually browse to the file to play it. The Download option doesn't even give you the option to open the file immediately after.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Teams crash on Mac OS Catalina when USB headset is plugged in

On Mac OS Catalina (beta), Teams is crashing if a USB headset is plugged in. Teams goes to white screen, crashes, tries to restart, white screen, crash, then gives “glitch” error.

Community thread here with multiple people reporting same issue.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base