Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IOS 13 - files do not open

Ref IOS 13 Beta (all builds)

FIles do not open. See attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to use "/goto" command for General Channel

As a user, I want to navigate to the General channel using the "/goto" command.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add External contact

Can't add external contact. When i click to add contact i can add the external account. It then states a message
    We didn't fine any matches. Talk to your internal IT admin about expanding the scope of your search.

we can sesarch externally but contact not added

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. out of office incorrect

Teams says that a user is out of office days after the user has turned off this in Outlook. All other Office 365 systems correctly reflects this, but not Teams

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. High CPU Time, Memory, and Disk Reads/Writes

My computer uptime is 1 week, and your Teams electron app has been running the whole time. In that week 3 Teams processes have cumulatively done:

* over 12 hours of CPU Time (on a quad core i5-7600K)
    * using 1.2 GB of RAM
    * 312GB of IO reads (!!!)
    * 280GB of IO writes (! what?!)

Attached is a screenshot of my Task Manager. Again, this was in a single week (at most) of usage.

I have an i5-7600K, running Windows 10 build 1709 (16299.492) with latest updates.
    According to Teams I'm running version 1.1.00.17553 (64-bit). It was last…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi Team, Team does not work like skype. Whenever we go away from our system it does not show away status. It need to be fixed.

Hi Team,
    Teams does not work like skype. Whenever we go away from our system it does not show away status. It need to be fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams 1.2.00.17856 requires discrete (High Performace) GPU on Mac

I reported this issue on version 1.2.00.13765 and it is still an issue with the new 1.2.00.17856 update. Please acknowledge this issue and fix it. It has been like this for months now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to delete all scheduled Shifts when employee leaves organization

We have multiple people who no longer work here, but I can't remove them from shifts. We currently only use Shifts to track vacation time. When I delete all the vacation, I still can't remove them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Voicemail Greeting link does not appear on Yealink handset

Yealink Teams handsets dont appear to show the Change Voicemail Greeting link, meaning that users who only have handsets deployed for Teams calls are unable to change their voicemail greeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. copy small words not working

When the chat words are very small, not able to copy full text. The other icons like Like, Save, more options are hiding the text and preventing to copy

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. shift request

Is there a way to set it so employees can't request conflicting shifts? Let's say an employee requests an 8-5 shift then accidentally requests a 9-4 shift. Is there a way to not allow multiple requests for the same period?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for this feedback! My name is Amir and I’m a product manager in the Shifts team. “Conflict resolutions” is an important feature that we have in our backlog and we will add this scenario to our product specification. Are there other likely conflicts that you foresee happening?

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

12. Unlinked views in excel files which are stored in MS Teams

If several people use an excel file everyone sees the same selections/filter at the same time (e.g. selection in list hides/unhides Special columns. Unlink option for individual views so that everyone can see another filtered view at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restore tab conversation message in conversation tab when it was deleted

When you start a tab conversation, in the converations tab a message is posted "Tab conversation has begun.". When you delete this message every new message inside the tab conversation would be displayed under a deleted message in the conversation tab. Somehow confusing, even if this should be correct! Restoring the original message would make more sense.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to share video and video audio during a meeting

I want to share video/film and audio from film during a meeting (share screen). I want to be able to control it so I can take away the audio and only show Video, so I can speak at the same time. I should be able to share from Youtube or Vimeo or other channel... Is this possible?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. meeting won't end

I have a meeting that won't end even though both people hung up on their phones.
    I have another meeting that won't end because our customer did not hang up and as organizer I cannot end the meeting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lost option to start conversation from within a SharePoint Library from within a Team.

We used to be able to Start a conversation from a Word doc or Excel file that was held in a SharePoint Library (Not the Teams SharePoint, Files Tab) and this would create a place holder within a Teams channel, and all staff could access this document from within Teams and now when we open a file from SharePoint Library we have lost the Start Conversation button so removed a function to collaborate on a document really easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Check sync of the teams excel/data

When excel file is saved, then deleted and new file is being saved in folders of teams, it seems teams remember the old file. If you open this file from teams (even with option desktop app), you will see the old data only (although the old file was removed). If you download the file into your downloads, that's when you get the correct file.
    It can be very confusing if you don't know that there might be data issue and person might end up working on wrong file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to insert links in Wiki tab if the window size of Teams app is smaller

If the window size of Teams app is smaller, you see the “Insert link” icon under More options (・・・) by going Tool bar in Wiki tab .

With that situation, you cannot insert a link correctly by clicking the “Link” in the menu.

So, we would like to insert links even if the window size is small.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If searching a user and accidentally minimize teams search text is gone

If i enter any text in search or a user id and if accidentally minimize teams/ switch tab before selection then the search text is gone and we have to type the text again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base