Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8-Ball Pool Extension

I noticed a bug where there was no 8-Ball Pool Extension. Could you guys add something like that? Some work days I have a bit more downtime than I know what to do with, something like this would help raise morale.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Praise icon not displayed

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    称賛のアイコンが表示されない
    Praise icon not displayed

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の称賛を送ると、アイコンが表示されない場合があるため、機能の改善を要望します。

There are cases where having sent praise, the icon is not displayed, so please fix this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix the "highlight text" keyboard shortcut in Teams Chat

Previously when holding control+shift and the left arrow key, the highlighted text would hard stop at the beginning of the chat line. This made it effortless to wipe away an aborted chat line. Now when I use the same keyboard shortcut, the highlight goes back to the beginning of the line and then starts over at the end of the chat line. Without the hard stop of the beginning of the line, I have to be careful about what's being highlighted to make sure I get the whole line.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams not generating thumbnails for youtube videos anymore

It used to be the case that whenever you posted a link to a youtube video, it would generate a thumbnail, but this is not working anymore.

It'd be great to have this back on and also make what's in here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38782594-display-youtube-video-title-and-description-when-s

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Statuspage subdomain name truncated in Feed incident post

Posts about incidents in Feed that are generated in a channel by our Statuspage connector are displaying the subdomain name for our Statuspage but with the first letter truncated.

As seen in screenshots. Our subdomain name which is actually "racwa" is being displayed as "acwa" instead.

Note: one screenshot reflect ms teams android mobile ('screenshot-3dp') while other is ms teams windows desktop.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop Teams eligibility criteria removing blocked accounts from teams

When an account is blocked for sign in within the Admin portal, it is currently removed from the Teams the account is part of leaving a message in the General channel to this affect! The account is not removed from the underlying Group so removing the account from the Team is not only inconsistent, it creates a significant issue for us as we'll temporarily block accounts for a range of security reasons. Messages to team members that '*** has been removed from the Team' are incredibly unhelpful and cause damage to relationships within the organisation. Please fix this design flaw…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams client version control

Currently Teams does not have a way to limit what versions of the client can be used, like Skype does. This is problematic as security issues that are fixed in newer releases will not be included in older clients. Without a way to limit what versions can be used, there is no way to ensure that the most secure versions are the only ones allowed.
    Currently there is a way to bypass conditional Access policies for Teams thick client. This is to be fixed with a client update. However, since there is no way to stop older versions of the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IMPOROVE TEAMS ON CHROMEBOOKS

Its unfair that chromebooks dont have the functionality

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen share stops when in split screen mode on iPad IOS 14

Allow screen sharing of split screen on iPad iOS 14

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Gostaria que o Teams fizesse upload automaticamente para o Stream.

Gostaria que o Teams fizesse upload automaticamente para o Stream, dos vídeos das reuniões.Esse recurso é muito importante para professores e foi desabilitado recentemente. Alguns professores tem dificuldades para baixar o vídeo que são grandes, devido a sua conexão de internet limitada.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Where i can see Update log for Teams???? I want to know what is new in Teams.

Where i can see Update log for Teams???? I want to know what is new in Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. chat

In a team meeting, but I am not allowed to access chat. "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." But I am member of the class/ meeting- what is the resolution for this problem?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix the User Count List when Hovering over the Team Icon

There is a bug in both the WebApp and Desktop App for Teams. When you are in a Team, and hover your mouse over the icon for your team, it shows "-1" by the users icon.

However, when you click into the team, it will properly show the user count. It's only when hovering over the icon that you see this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Breakout rooms glitch

Every time our class does breakout rooms, when our teacher returns everyone back together, our teacher's Teams crashes!!! Could you please fix this glitch?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Join button not appearing for Channel meetings

Starting a meeting in a channel from the "Meet" button in that channel used to make a purple Join button appear. This button would let anyone who had access to that channel join the meeting.

As of about December 2020, what we started seeing was an entry in the channel chat that a meeting was started, but no Join button. We were able to get the join button to appear by closing and re-opening meetings several times.

As of February 2021, we can no longer get the Join button to appear no matter how many times we open and close…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Subscreen sharing- while Single window/screen sharing(when privacy needed)issue

Hi Team,

Thank you So much as Teams application is very useful and user friendly.

I would like to tell one of my difficulties with team while screen sharing
    1.while sharing desktop view - good
    but
    while sharing only one specific window/screen like postman
    the first screen am able to share but the sub screens which come in postman are not shareable here

1. While sharing Single window/screen- its good to have buttons like "share & Stop" for every window so that when need privacy in sharing that will be bit faster while sharing whatever window we would like to share,…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. website

people can't log in teams website

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts - Import only watches for time changes

I notice there is an issue with importing excel document into shifts.

I have shifts already entered into teams and then i want to import an excel to make chnages to my groups schedule.

I have only tested this with changes to the theme colour & custom label but i notice if you change these but keeps the same times as the already existant shift, it does not flag it as a conflict.

any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. website

Microsoft teams website not working people cont log in

2 votes

We're glad you're here