Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to have a Mic - Mute / UnMute feedback in the Teams UI (using Crestron RL3 SRS v2)

Mic - Mute / Unmute Feedback is not reflecting in the Teams UI. but in backend actually mute / unmute happens but Users may not be knowing either it is muted or unmuted from the UI. Attached example image for your reference.

Crestron RL3 (SRS v2).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add some kind of window border. I have teams open over Outlook and other programs and it is very hard to see where Team's edge is

add some kind of window border. I have teams open over Outlook and other programs and it is very hard to see where Team's edge is

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to share video and video audio during a meeting

I want to share video/film and audio from film during a meeting (share screen). I want to be able to control it so I can take away the audio and only show Video, so I can speak at the same time. I should be able to share from Youtube or Vimeo or other channel... Is this possible?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure DevOps links are broken

The links posted on a channel by the DevOps integrtaton are broken

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Missing Contact Info in Chats

When accessing Teams first thing in the morning, in different channels/chats, the person speaking is missing their information via their icon. In place of either their picture or initials, it will show a gray background with a man icon. When hovering over the icon, it doesn't show any information as to who the person is. Even when logging out and back in, issue still remains. This also happens via the web login.

This does not happen when I am logged into the app on my phone. Comparing side by side, only the application on the computer is affected, but not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Status of another user on Windows Teams

Fix an external guests user status on Windows as it shows them as offline when they are active when viewed from Android Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share Teams call contacts between Windows Office 365 application and Android and IPad apps.

Call contacts on Office 365 Windows Application Should come through to Android and IPad apps like SFB used to do.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The link error of a live event in Outlook calendar

Previously, if you clicked a Teams live event shown in Outlook calendar, the live event information screen would be launched, and you were able to download recording data or activity reports.
    However, now if you click the live event of Teams shown, an error occurs, and you are not able to download items. So, please fix the error as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video in teams is pixelated ... starting 'camera' on PC temporarily resolves

I'm a Microsoft employee (bwhichel)
    Problem: When I start video in a teams call, it's very pixelated. To temporarily resolve it, I start the camera app on my PC. See attached video. I've uninstalled Teams... installed the 64bit version... tried the Public ring.... still happens

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams Allows Any User To Hijack and Lock Domain With No Recourse

Someone, at some point in time, registered a teams account under our company domain. As a result, they are the "admin" with no verification that they own the domain, just that they have an email on the domain.

Now, no one from our domain can create a teams account, they receive an error on account creation saying someone else is the admin on this domain and can invite them, hard stop. Error does not say who this "admin" might be. MS support says there is no way to know who this "admin" might be, even internally at MS. We have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs on IE11 and Chrome appear as blank black boxes when sharing the screen.

My client was sharing screens with me and mentioned a potential bug on our site, we realised that stopping screen-share fixed the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unlinked views in excel files which are stored in MS Teams

If several people use an excel file everyone sees the same selections/filter at the same time (e.g. selection in list hides/unhides Special columns. Unlink option for individual views so that everyone can see another filtered view at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Message alerts in Teams ABSOLUTELY STINKS!

We went from Skype for Business over to Teams recently and it's a COMPLETE DISASTER when it comes to alerts. Nearly EVERYONE at our business is missing alerts because of the poor design that you have. We constantly have to chase people down now when we rarely used to have to do this with Skype.
    How could you design something so poorly???

FIX YOUR PROGRAM. IT'S SUPPOSED TO MAKE PEOPLE EFFICIENT, NOT THE OPPOSITE.

If you expect people to constantly keep an eye on the taskbar for a message alert or voicemail (don't even get me started on your backwards…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Call progress tones do not honor call device selection

When initiating a new call via Teams, The call progress tones (ringtone) plays through the default sound device instead of the users selected calling device.

This can cause confusion if the default sound device is muted whilst the user is wearing a headset as they have no feedback a call is in progress.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It's impossible to select and highlight a whole message in Teams

It's impossible to select and highlight a small message in Teams. The like and flag appear over the right side of the message and there's no way to remove them other than to move your mouse pointer off. In order to highlight and copy the message, you need to select with the mouse pointer so it's physically impossible to do it.

I'm suggesting that the like and flag pop up is displayed above or beside the message in question as opposed to on it, in order than text within the message can be selected and copied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Its cpu hungry?

It consumes lots of CPU, kills phone battery

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix links in User Feedback Forum

NONE of the links in the description of this forum is working

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
    Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
    Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Planner tab error in new teams created using the admin center

When a Teams service administrator creates a new team from the Microsoft Teams admin center and adds himself as the owner of the team, it would not be able to create a Planner tab on that team.
    When trying to create a new Planner tab in any of the the team channels, an error saying 'Failed to create the plan' would appear (see the attached file).
    Not only that, if any another team owner creates the planner tab for him, he will not be able to access it, and the error changes to 'Something went wrong' -indeed-.
    In order to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it not suck!

Make it smaller! Trying to resize the thing makes it practically unusable, and I do not need an app taking up half my workspace. This is the opposite of efficiency! Also, the login is cumbersome and between the three of us that tried it out, one user did not have ANY of their contacts show up, the other could not close using the 'X'. I hate to agree with everyone else, but please make a product that doesn't suck BEFORE you release it to the public!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.