Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Apple Pencil support when marking

Marking on an iPad with an Apple Pencil on Teams is poor, and often does not work. Please increase the responsiveness with the Apple Pencil when marking assignments from within the Teams app. This should apply to word, excel, Class Notebook, and PDF files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: Planner Hyperlinks no longer work in Teams v1.2.00.23308

After Teams was updated to version 1.2.00.23308 Hyperlinks within the planner no longer work. They only work when the task is first created not in the description, notes, task name etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix up the Right Mouse Click on the Tray Icon - dev release error?

I think the latest release has included debug features for the Dev team to use. Consider closing this door.

Not sure what "Spacetest3" and "SlimCore@SpaceTest10" mean for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default to external camera

When an external camera/speaker/mic (Owl, Logitech meetup, ect) are plugged into a computer running Teams, I'd like for Teams to presume this external device is the desired camera/speaker/microphone to use. I'd never plug in the device that's mounted to the wall while still wanting to use my internal microphone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to change the name of a chat from (no title) in Teams

This is a major bug! A chat should not be named (no title)! If it is, then the user should be able to rename it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Renaming SP Site Breaks Files tab

After renaming a SharePoint site linked to a team in MS Teams, using Start-SPOSiteRename (sharepoint-online), the "files" tab in channels other than "General" do not work. I can see that the location the "files" tab is looking at is the old location - it hasn't been redirected. There appears to be no way to update the destination location of this tab either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pop-up, autofocus new message

Hi Team,
    It's difficult to navigate to new chat message once it arrives so:
    1. Navigate to new message whenever a popup notification is clicked. This does not happen at the time which makes users mistakenly send message to different user.
    2. Application is too heavy to run on windows, kindly optimize.

Regards,
    Swaroop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharepoint tabs won't load

When adding a SharePoint tab to a channel, it will sometimes fail to load. Sometimes this can correlate with not being logged into the office 365 website through a separate browser. It also does not produce any error, the tab stays blank. Other users have found it works better to add it as a website tab, which prompts for login if the problem occurs. Should the expected behavior be that the tab loads because you are logged into teams and shouldn't need to login again?

This is another thread of users discussing this problem:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Sharepoint-page-stops-loading-in-Teams-client-Tab/m-p/236076#M16936

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. teams as chat app setting

Settings: Register teams as chat app is restored to be selected after a start of the application teams on my desktop, and, on not reproduceable occasions (at least my impression).
    We do have jabber as phone app.
    This permanent re-setting needs to be manually de-selected, office applications like outlook restarted and then I can use jabber to make a call.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Time when I sent the message and time when the user last seen

It is not sent properly from Android app when the user was last seen. I can see something like "the user was last seen 19..." and I can't see the minutes of user's appearance online. Moreover, could you please add the time when I sent the message to be seen on Android app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. TEAMS is THE WORST!

You forced the replacement of Skype for Business without having the same (even minimal) functionality available in Teams.

1.) There is no pop-out chat window for participating in multiple conversations at once.

2.) No easy way to see missed chats (flashing icon isn’t in real time or noticeable); No Outlook notifications of missed chat summary.

3.) No Chat summary auto-cataloged in Outlook Conversations

4.) Lack of searching of previous Conversations

5.) Lack of deletion of some Conversation parts

6.) Automatic minimalization of Team Meeting screen share when trying to access files or other content in Teams.

7.) Lack of tight…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Correct formatting of Power BI dates

Power BI tabs on Team channels displaying reports ignore the chosen date format on fields and instead show the US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder-this comment has been "being worked" for 2 years - but MS has quit

Please see see the Teams blog item named the above.

Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

The person who responded has now left MS..and this is needing to be worked.

Thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mute conversation thread not working

The ability to mute was added recently https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35099476-ability-to-mute-a-conversation-thread

But it's not working for me if I mute the thread in a channel (general) where I have the notification options set to "Banner and feed", "Include all replies" and "Banner and feed". If I choose to mute a thread that should supersede the channel notification settings in all cases except when @ is used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when i closed skype for business, i dont see user online/offline status in Outlook. i think Team is not sharing online/offline status

when i closed skype for business, i dont see user online/offline status in Outlook. i think Team is not sharing online/offline status

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable opening when right click on system task tray icon

When I right click the system task tray icon, the entire Teams window is opened. Considering that "Open" is an option in the context menu, it doesn't make sense that it's automatically opening. My use-case is that I want to quickly change my status without opening the window but, when I right click to do that, it opens the window anyways. This works as I would expect using Skype for Business and so I think Teams should work the same way.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Abandon this pile of hot garbage.

Just used this for the first time as an invitee. No advantages over Skype and comically buggy. Walk away from it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Transfer" option is missing from menu once call is put on hold

My dispatch department is reporting that after a call is placed on hold, the "Transfer" option is no longer displayed on the menu. They are aware of the "Consult and Transfer" option, but this option is less convenient than the original procedure of "Hold" and then "Transfer".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base