Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renamed channel

I renamed the channel, but under the FILES tab, the old name is still there.

Active Projects was originally named 2019 Projects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add space after auto-completion

After auto-completing the name of a teammate to mention, a space should be added for convenience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of the ******* popup everytime I login to Windows, or better again, ask me before installing useless muck on *MY* PC

Get rid of the ******* popup everytime I login to Windows, or better again, ask me before installing useless muck on *MY* PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams desktop app calls are ending instantly when receiving calls on zoom application.

Teams desktop app calls are ending instantly when receiving calls on zoom application.

We use Zoom for our phone system. When receiving calls on zoom it kills the call on the team desktop app.

Team using Edge browser isn't affected and Skype for consumer isnt affected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy-Paste does not work over multiple screens. Save as.... ?

As a user of MT I want to be able to save a conversation or open it in an application such as Word.
    Copy-Paste does not work over multiple screens.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. iPhone chat notifications delay

Hopefully this is a fluke, but might be worth the devs looking into... I sent several texts to my co-worker, waited about 5 minutes for a response and got nothing, so I put my computer to sleep, anticipating I would be notified on my iPhone (7 Plus, if that matters). I received no notifications all of yesterday, then got back on my computer this morning (Teams is set to auto-start) and instantaneously received 5 notifications on my phone at the same time... time stamps tell me I received them 2 - 10 hours after closing down my computer yesterday.

Hopefully…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reimburse Xboxlive users when Xboxlive has downtime. It isn't right we are penalized for downtime.

I think it would be a great idea if we get reimbursed when Microsoft's Xbox Live goes down. Like for instance yesterday 9/6/19 we couldn't play. And I think something needs to be in place.

Thanks!
    - Anthony

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams user experience for users with multiple accounts is pretty dismal

How about make Teams be multi account capable? Slack can do it. Fix this please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better Apple Pencil support when marking

Marking on an iPad with an Apple Pencil on Teams is poor, and often does not work. Please increase the responsiveness with the Apple Pencil when marking assignments from within the Teams app. This should apply to word, excel, Class Notebook, and PDF files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. High CPU Time, Memory, and Disk Reads/Writes

My computer uptime is 1 week, and your Teams electron app has been running the whole time. In that week 3 Teams processes have cumulatively done:

* over 12 hours of CPU Time (on a quad core i5-7600K)
    * using 1.2 GB of RAM
    * 312GB of IO reads (!!!)
    * 280GB of IO writes (! what?!)

Attached is a screenshot of my Task Manager. Again, this was in a single week (at most) of usage.

I have an i5-7600K, running Windows 10 build 1709 (16299.492) with latest updates.
    According to Teams I'm running version 1.1.00.17553 (64-bit). It was last…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add some kind of window border. I have teams open over Outlook and other programs and it is very hard to see where Team's edge is

add some kind of window border. I have teams open over Outlook and other programs and it is very hard to see where Team's edge is

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block Phone Numbers Ringing Through

Phone numbers that I've taken the time to block under Calls are still ringing through, defeating the purpose of having them blocked. If a phone number is blocked, it should not ring through.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to delete all scheduled Shifts when employee leaves organization

We have multiple people who no longer work here, but I can't remove them from shifts. We currently only use Shifts to track vacation time. When I delete all the vacation, I still can't remove them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unread message keep being unread even after marked as read....

My Teams app keeps displaying unread message notification both on the tray and inside the app even after I read the message and click on "Mark as read"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stability and Consistency among programs

Quality -
    Stability is still an issue. For the same files, I can see it on OneDrive -Library, but TEAMS tells me “no files”.......

Consistency between SharePoint and TEAMS have many problems

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Asana Tab doesn't work

When I go to add Asana into a Teams "Add a tab", I see Asana, choose the icon, then it takes me to a screen which won't allow me to move forward. (attached image)

Under my Asana account it shows they're connected, but it is greyed out on the MS Team side.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The link error of a live event in Outlook calendar

Previously, if you clicked a Teams live event shown in Outlook calendar, the live event information screen would be launched, and you were able to download recording data or activity reports.
    However, now if you click the live event of Teams shown, an error occurs, and you are not able to download items. So, please fix the error as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.