Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Private Channel folder name is duplicated when synced in File Explorer

Currently if I have a team called IT Admin, create a private channel called Test and sync it then in File Explorer on Windows it displays as IT Admin - Test - Test which is redundant and draws complaints from users. It should be displayed as IT Admin - Test, or IT - Test - Files would be workable. There is currently no way to edit the default folder location or name.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop ink on OneNote moving when viewing online

Every time I use the Draw function on OneNote my annotations on pupil work moves as soon as they open it on a different device. This is so frustrating as my pupils then can't see what answers my marks or notes correspond to!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to go back into a live event page after clicking on a pop-up notification

Hello,

When I am connected to a live event, if I go look at another discussion, I can go back into the live event by clicking the small bottom right video of the ongoing live event.

However if I click on a pop-up notification, and I want to go back after in the live event again, clicking on the bottom right video of the live event does nothing

Best regards,
    Pierric Gourinchas

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams does not use regional settings correctly

Teams overrides regional settings from Windows 10 and shows dates incorrectly. I want to use english UI because of international environment but correct local regional settings for dates, times etc. This is not possible now. Please fix so that Teams follows Windows 10 regional settings or that I can keep UI in english but regional settings correctly as in my country.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Participant not removed from the breakout room.

Once a participant is assigned to a room, even though he/she leaves the room or even the meeting itself he is still shown as assigned to the breakout room. There should be a setting such that once a "participant" leaves the breakout room they should return to the main room and will not be able to join the breakout room. They will have to be explicitly (re)assigned to a breakout room by the admin...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the Teams Chat History page accessible, regardless of Coexistence mode

Our "Coexistence mode" in "Teams Upgrade" is set to "Skype for Business with Teams collaboration and meetings".
    This means that the primary client for chat and meetings is the Skype for Business client.
    However, while in Teams our users can initiate a "Meet Now" meeting and invite others to this meeting.
    The Chat History of such "Meet Now" meetings is NOT accessible for our users.
    If users schedule a meeting in the Calendar tab, then the Chat History of that meeting is accessible.
    Sometimes the Chat History page is available; it appears all by itself in some user's desktop client.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. email messages folder

When email messages are sent to a Team Channel they went to a folder called Email messages

A recent update has changed this operation: Email Messages are no longer going a single directory called Email Messages. Multiple folders are now created with the month and year appended.

Please revert to previous functionality

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Speaker on Andriod phone turns automatically ON during a phone conversation

While having a regular phone call, phone speaker automatically switch to ON during conversation. Indicator still shows old state (speaker phone OFF , BT ON etc). it can happen a few times during a conversation. If you uninstall Teams app this issue goes away. Issue started around 1-2 months ago and is being reported by multiple users with Teams app installed on various Samsung devices (S7, S9, S10)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please let the shared mailbox to download the attendee list

Organizer of the meeting becomes the shared mailbox, and button to download attendee list is not visible to actual organizer

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a transparent background with only a watermark/logo on show

Allow a transparent background with only a watermark/logo on show instead of the solid white when you save as PNG

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MS Teams saying users have removed other users when they haven't

We are having an issue in our Teams environment at present where some teams will randomly remove users and say stuff like.....

" User1 has removed User2 from the Team. "

The issue is that the User's who have apparantly removed those other users from the team have stated they did no such thing. This isn't limited to just 1 team or 1 user either its happened a few different times.

Has anyone else seen a similar thing or anyone know of any fix?!

Thanks!

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the status feature so it doesn't show me as Away when I'm actively working on my computer.

Satus changes to Away after about 5 minutes even when I'm actively working. My boss and coworkers use this feature to know when I'm available, and Teams makes it look like I'm not working. This is a HUGE problem and absolutely ridiculous that you can't seem to fix it. I see lots of people reporting this issue. WE used to use Skype and I could set it manually, set the time frame, and it detected activity automatically.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    New-Team コマンドレットで 256 文字以上のチーム名を指定するとチーム サイトが作成されない
    Cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet

■Description(内容):
    New-Team コマンドレットで 256 文字のチーム名を指定すると、チームは作成されるがチーム サイトが作成されない。
    チーム名の文字数を減らし、後から256文字に設定した場合は問題ない。
    公開情報上は DisplayName パラメーターの上限 256 と記載されているので、正しい情報なのか判別できないので、正しい動作に修正を行ってほしい。
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/new-team?view=teams-ps

-DisplayName
     Team display name. Characters Limit - 256.

You cannot create team sites with team names of 256 characters using the New-Team cmdlet.
    If you reduce the number of characters then set it back to 265 after creation with are no issues.
    According to publicly available information, the upper limit of the DisplayName parameter is given as 256, but we can’t tell if that’s…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meeting links remain active after ending

This is critical in K-12. The links to meetings are staying open, even after the end of a meeting (scheduled or not). I can safely assume this is a big deal in any use, but it is especially critical in K-12 education, where we simply cannot have students/parents/etc. "borrowing" our meetings to have their own video chat room!

I desperately need a way to completely and finally end a meeting (and its link) when a meeting is complete.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cursor jumps to the end of the sentence when switching language from russian to english.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Write something in Russian.
    2. Move cursor to the middle of the sentence using keyboard.
    2. Switch language to English.
    4. Try writing something.

Expected result: English words are added to the middle of the sentence.
    Actual result: cursor magically jumps to the end of the sentence and English words are added to the end.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When creating a Meeting in Teams, location to should say "Microsoft Teams Meeting"

I noticed a bug in Teams. When you create a Teams Meeting in Outlook using the Add-In. Location is populated as "Microsoft Teams Meeting" but when you do the same in Teams. The Location is never pre-populated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quickly Enable left justification in MS Teams Chat board

Quickly Enable left justification in MS Teams Chat - this is urgent.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Animated Gifs Issue

Sometimes when coworker posts an animated gif from their phone, on the desktop app it shows as a blank box.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SharePoint News connector problem

The SharePoint News Connector (sometimes) does not publish a post when a new SharePoint news is published. We have tried waiting for 24 hours without any post showing up. When we republish the news post, a post is created in the channel. Is there anything we can do to fix this behaviour?

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow the floating toolbar to dock somewhere NOT in the middle of the screen!

Must be a bug - HATE the toolbar always floating in front of what's being presented.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base