Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image copying doesn't work in the desktop app

Copying of images from the Teams desktop app (Windows) to other programs doesn't work. When I click RMB on the image (for example one sent to me by my colleague on chat) and selects "Copy image", the image seems to be copied to clipboard, but when I try to paste it somewhere else e.g. in Word or another program, I only get something that looks like an empty image. Tested on several user accounts and computers.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner in Microsoft Teams

Creating an office 365 group will create a default plan (in Microsoft Planner).
    And, we should be able to add "Default" plan in Microsoft Teams.

Currently, we are trying to add the default plan in Microsoft Teams and unable to find the plan. Kindly look into this and fix it. Thank you.

Steps to produce the error:
    1) Create a Team in Microsoft Teams
    2) Click "+" sign to add Planner
    3) Click "Use an existing plan from this team"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to delete conversations

We should be able to delete conversations

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable automatic login of domain-joined account

Would want to have the ability to disable the automatic login of domain-joined machines. Users also have other accounts that they'd prefer to log into Teams by default. These other accounts have MFA enabled and when the computer reboots, it would prompt them to verify their login again, which is time-consuming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No Audio Devices Showing

Hello,

The issue I am having with Microsoft Teams is that suddenly all my audio devices are not showing up in the program. Teams does not detect any audio devices at all, neither my digital mixing console nor the computer's own built-in HD Audio jacks. See screenshot.

The Windows audio control panel detects all connected audio devices as normal, as do all other programs on the PC. The issue is with Teams only.

Version number, according to About menu is "1.1.00.25457 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/2/18."

I hope this issue gets fixed soon, as Teams is completely unusable…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat pop up need

Chat pop up

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Asana Tab doesn't work

When I go to add Asana into a Teams "Add a tab", I see Asana, choose the icon, then it takes me to a screen which won't allow me to move forward. (attached image)

Under my Asana account it shows they're connected, but it is greyed out on the MS Team side.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Typing Indicator briefly persists after user sends a message and isn't typing

As of one of the Teams updates within the last two weeks, the "user is typing" indicator now persists for around 1-2 seconds after a user sends a message and does not type any further. This gives the false impression that they intend to follow up their message when in reality they are not.

Note that this is *not* the same as a bug submitted last year at this link: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32709244-remove-the-user-is-typing-if-my-cursor-is-in-the

Based on the description in the above link, that issue no longer occurs. The issue I am describing is fairly recent and our entire team has noticed it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SharePoint News connector problem

The SharePoint News Connector (sometimes) does not publish a post when a new SharePoint news is published. We have tried waiting for 24 hours without any post showing up. When we republish the news post, a post is created in the channel. Is there anything we can do to fix this behaviour?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. out of office incorrect

Teams says that a user is out of office days after the user has turned off this in Outlook. All other Office 365 systems correctly reflects this, but not Teams

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Voicemail settings don't stick - Voicemail cannot be activated

We can see Voicemail settings in Teams and they are changeable. But the new settings don't stick, the option is always reverted back to "do nothing".

I've tried changing the settings via Teams client and via the web version, but the problem persists.

The voicemail works only on my test account, which is Online (hybrid) whereas all other accounts are On-premises (hybrid). Otherwise the accounts are identical.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

HOW CAN I DELETE ENTIRE CHAT (NOT INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES)????

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calls ring through while do not disturb

Even while both my computer and mobile teams apps show me as do not disturb I still have calls ring my line. This is completely beside the point of having my teams app on do not disturb if I'm still getting calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

All external federated contacts lost during upgrade

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Error comes up after:

Teams > (click team) > More Options (. . .) > Manage Team > (hover team logo) > change team picture (edit button) > Upload Picture > (select file) > Upload

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blank login window - Fix it!

When I open the Teams app on my machine (Windows 8.1), I get a blank login window. I've tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the problem remains. My company's IT people can't figure it out either. The only way I can get it working is to close the blank login window, then it reappears, then I close it again and it says "Modern authentication failed here. Status code 4c7". Then it logs in some other way and works.

How do I fix this?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" and you will not get any team messages..

Windows 7 has a banner indicating "Quiet Hours is enabled" so you won't get notifications for calls and messages in Teams. However, Windows 7 has no Quiet Hours settings to turn this off.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update\patch to fix “This message has been deleted” error in Teams desktop client.

A handful of our end-users have experienced an issue with the Teams desktop app were it incorrectly says that messages are deleted. However, when the end-users go to the Teams web app the problem messages show up fine.

We found that by logging out and back into the Teams desktop app resolves this issue with the problem messages. However, this is very inconvenient to have to do when this issue occurs. We wanted to see if there is any plans to fix this issue in the Team desktop app with a future update or patch.

Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to have a Mic - Mute / UnMute feedback in the Teams UI (using Crestron RL3 SRS v2)

Mic - Mute / Unmute Feedback is not reflecting in the Teams UI. but in backend actually mute / unmute happens but Users may not be knowing either it is muted or unmuted from the UI. Attached example image for your reference.

Crestron RL3 (SRS v2).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Teams so it stops automatically scrolling UP in chat

This is obviously a bug and seems to occur in the current build. When you're typing and the text entry field expands (due to number of characters typed, a big copy/paste, or Shift+Enter), the chat window scrolls up between 1-4 pages.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.