Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Channel in teams is in incorrect state and cannot remove it

We tried to create new fresh channel but it's state is weird. We cannot post any message (error appears with 'Try again' and 'Delete' options) or event delete the channel to try creating it again. The only thing we can see is spinning circle on the top.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. wiki link

Fix the Link Markup for wiki. If i want to shorten a long url by using the [text](url) pattern and copy-paste the url, it is automatically transfromed to an link and destroys the markup-pattern. It's only possible to type the url on your own, which is very annoying e.g. for sharpoint file urls.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft team chat turns me away

mann this Microsoft team chat turn me away and I had it turned on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharepoint quicklinks does not work in Teams client

I have created a page on the teams sharepoint site with quicklinks.

These links work fine on the Sharepoint site in a browser. They however do not work at all if I add this sharepoint site as a website in Teams. They appear to be interactable as they respond to hovering over them, but clicking them does nothing.

Sadly a bit dissapointing as nwo I have to chose "open in browser" in order for it to work at all.

No idea why this does not work. If it's a bug or some security restraint thing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Low bandwidth high latency fails to post

Traveling in Japan, T-Mobile gives me low bandwidth high latency cellular data. Teams client on iOS successfully reads posts, but I can't send anything. Always get the red exclamation. Works when on wifi.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hyperlink bugs

When sending a hyperlink to an individual through Teams, the link breaks, showing raw HTML. It appears that this is due to the unicode being mistranslated, as the raw HTML code has 〈〉 for its wrapping, rather than <>.

It is worth noting that it does NOT appear broken for the sending party, only the receiving party.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shift + Backspace emoji makes chat history jump/blink

In a reply to a thread, Shift+Backspace on an emoji will make the chat history jump to the very top.

The following cases have been tested on my machine (Win10, version unknown - cannot click About -> Version... Installed from web a week ago)

In replies to threads:
    - Given text "foo :D bar", if I Shift+Backspace tap each character (that is, hold down shift and press backspace 9 times, 6 letters + 2 white space + 1 emoji), the chat history jumps to the top when shift+backspace emoji. Sometimes my reply even gets deleted entirely.
    - Same as above,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio noice and feedback

Audio is unreliable. Sometime it works great other times we have a lot of feedback and noise. We experience this under similar conditions, i.e. same meeting rooms and same audio conference devices.

We do not experience these problems when participants are working from their own computers and using headsets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Editing in Word: "Chrome doesn't allow…"

When selecting "Edit in Word" in Teams for Mac I receive the attached error message "Chrome doesn't allow…". This is not an issue in Teams for Windows.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "last time we checked" shows up on desktop app, despite being a web-app only error

When viewing a Google Doc tab in the Desktop App, the document loads. seconds later, an additional frame opens saying "Last time we checked, this site wouldn't load inside our web app" with options to view the site in my desktop app. This error should not appear within the desktop app, and certainly shouldn't appear when I'm clearly viewing the page within my desktop app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problems syncing with Desktop version - The default General channel does not sync after adding additional channels to the Team.

Problems syncing with Desktop version - The default General channel does not sync after adding additional channels to the Team.

After adding new channels to a Team, the General channel says "We can't access your content. Please refresh to try again."

Refresh does nothing.

The Channel does show up on the web.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Application Opens With Top Half Off Screen

I have Auto Start Application selected. When starting the computer (with multiple monitors), the application opens halfway off the screen. The title bar is completely out of view.

I currently use WindowsKey + UpArrow to restore it to the screen bounds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto-Start Application should enter path to ...\Teams\Update.exe with quotes

Auto-Start doesn't work if path to ...\Teams\Update.exe has a blank, e.g. user name consists of "Firstname Lastname", creating nasty "Open with ..." dialogue at Windows startup for a file called C:\Users\Firstname.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams steals the PRT SC key from screen capture tools. Allow me to disable that!

I use Greenshot for all my screen capture work. When Teams is running it steals the mapping of the PRT SC key away from Greenshot which gives me a ton of friction.

Please allow me to disable that behavior so Greenshot will work properly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copying / Pasting GIF's Has Stopped Working On Mac Client

I use to be able to copy/paste a GIF from Giphy.com and it would automatically play inside of Teams. That stopped working with one of the recent build updates. I'm currently on version 1.0.00.22051 running on macOS 10.12.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Back button: Doesn't work with modern wiki

If one follows a link to a modern wiki (i.e. in a conversation), the back function doesn't take one back to the previous view. Instead it just tries to go back within the wiki itself without any point to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Meeting Agenda grouping dates

When I look at the Meetings tab, I see Today, Tomorow and below them the dates are from last week, i.e., 8/19, 8/20 and 8/21. It should be showing 8/24, 8/25 and 8/26. The upcoming meetings are shown, it is just the value in the collapsible heading that is wrong

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "your item or storage limit has been exceeded" in assigning cards

One of our users is hitting a "We couldn't complete your request because your item or storage limit has been exceeded" with Technical Details as Correlation ID: 972ab5d9-7412-4d1d-aa72-5c322434951e.

Now he can't assign cards to himself. Can the storage limit be cleared?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.