Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User data is only being refreshed when signing on

When a users image is changed, chat is enabled for users and other small changes to users data, often these changes are not reflected in the desktop Teams app.
    When one logs off and on again, the changes are loaded correctly. Restarting the app doesn't help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams erases what I'm typing after previous message is confirmed sent.

User hits send on a message,
    Message#1 is "sending",
    User begins typing a second message to the same recipient,
    Message#1 is now sent and is timestamped,
    The text box is erased.
    User is upset

It's the strangest bug, but Teams will delete what I'm typing if I begin typing it before the message I just sent has finished sending. This is happening daily as I try to relay links to coworkers and/or provide clarification on previous messages. Could this please be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Minimize / Maximize Tear Away Menu

When I mouse over the Teams application in the TaskBar, it shows the "preview" above it. Most (if not all) applications respond to a right click on the preview by showing a tear away menu with Restore, Move, Size, Minimize & Maximize. Teams does not.

The maximize method is typically how I get applications that are open, but seem to be stuck on my 4K monitor at home that is no longer connected to my laptop to appear on the screens that are currently visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Updates bring application to front

When Microsoft Teams updates on mac it brings the application to the front which prevents me from using whatever other application I was in. This is annoying, please keep the application in the background or let me turn off autoupdates (or when I want updates to occur).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Images won't Display in Web App

I have been using the Microsoft Teams Web app in chrome and whenever someone posts an image it will just show an empty frame and not load the image. I have to download the image in order to view it. I attached an example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Title bar should be blocked by task bar

When the Task (Start) bar is docked at the top of the screen, the Title bar of the window is blocked and hidden. Unless you know the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut, it's not possible to move/max/min the window.

>> Application should detect where the task bar is docked and calculate where to move so that the task bar doesn't block it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add new team members by copying from Outlook

If I add new team members and simply copy them from an e-mail in Outlook (e.g. entire To line), it does not work. I have to manually remove the e-mail address. Also I can only add one after the other. First a person has to be found before I can paste the next name. Expectation: Copy / paste should work in the first place

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG-Team members Pictures missing

Team members pictures show in the online version but not in the Windows Application.
    I'm currently running on Windows 7. See attachment for example.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. About Microsoft Teams on OSX correctly shows the Version#, but not the 'last updated' date.

I was in a chat, somebody suggested that I was running an older version of Microsoft Teams. I proceeded to upgrade my Microsoft Teams client (on OSX) from 1.0.00.25152 to 1.0.00.26952 - and when I checked my version again, the 'last updated' timestamp displayed did not change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can't navigate to specific hover menu item

I'm finding that very frequently I can't select a specific team, specific chat, etc. after hovering over one of the left nav options. As soon as I hover to the right to try and choose a team, for example, the window disappears. Restarts have not helped. Clicking the 'Teams' option in the main nav first also does not help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search for files broken: "Problems loading the results"

We've been having the issue in Teams that everyone except global administrators get this error message when searching for files.

It stands to reason that this is a problem with permissions on these files- yet, I didn't change anything in the permission within the groups.

Question: Do you know a solution? Is there anyone I can talk to this about- and possibly help to fix the issue?