Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit Button is missing

the Edit button seems to have disappared. all we have is Mark as Unread in the Elipsis button

an update must have been done

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, the “Edit” button can be turned off at the Team and Tenant level. Please check your Team settings and your Tenant settings to see if that’s the case, then email Alex.Rector@microsoft.com with your findings. She’s investigating whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

2. Cannot add students to a Class Notebook created in TEAMS.

We cannot add students to a Class Notebook created in TEAMS. I have another teacher with the same problem. We use Class NB daily so we are familiar with the process. Please HELP!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dragging a Maximized Window Doesn't Work

When a window is maximized, moving the cursor to the top pixel on the screen and dragging down will restore the window and allow you to drag it. In Teams, this selects all text instead.

(I'm guessing this is something with Electron but it's annoying)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Runtime Error C++

Since the latest update, we get randomly a runtime error message, which leads to a hanging program.

Closing the program via the task manager and open it up again typically helps. After the restart, the app needs to reconnect to the service.

A reinstallation of Microsoft Teams does not solve the problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No automatic refresh

Hi,

Teams never gets updated when I receive new DM or messages in channels. I sometimes get notifications, but the list of recent conversation never gets updated until I look for the conversation and click on it. Then, once I click on it, it finally updates and displays this conversation as "unread", at the top of the recent conversations.

I've had this issue for months and it still hasn't been fixed, could you please fix this once and for all? A messaging app that doesn't notify you of new messages is an aberration.

Thanks

Mathieu

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please fix the bug in the Mac app that makes it pop up and restart randomly.

On Apple products the Teams app randomly restarts and opens throughout the day. It is extremely annoying and impacts my work because I have to close it back down every time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug - External Access accounts are being removed automatically

Guest access is being removed - according to the thread history by my user. However, the first time that the guest was removed by my user I was offline, the second time I was idle.

Teams appears to be removing guest user access.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Message Popup Stuck When Scrolling Down

When a new message arrives and it popups up in the chat you are looking at a little box to say there is a new message, scrolling down does not make it disappear. You have to actually click on it to make it disappear even though it does nothing which is annoying.

This looks like a regression bug as it did not previously happen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pending notifications when private chat is disabled

When an unread private chat notification is present on the mobile app, then private chat is disabled for the tenant, the notification badge on the mobile app will not clear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If user is not on microsoft chat and he is using skpe we care unable to chat with him

If user is not on Microsoft chat and he is using skpe we care unable to chat with him

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pressing 'x' to close window takes long time to actually close the window

In the Windows application, when I press the 'x' to close the window, it will take about 1-2 seconds before the window actually closes

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. User data is only being refreshed when signing on

When a users image is changed, chat is enabled for users and other small changes to users data, often these changes are not reflected in the desktop Teams app.
    When one logs off and on again, the changes are loaded correctly. Restarting the app doesn't help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams erases what I'm typing after previous message is confirmed sent.

User hits send on a message,
    Message#1 is "sending",
    User begins typing a second message to the same recipient,
    Message#1 is now sent and is timestamped,
    The text box is erased.
    User is upset

It's the strangest bug, but Teams will delete what I'm typing if I begin typing it before the message I just sent has finished sending. This is happening daily as I try to relay links to coworkers and/or provide clarification on previous messages. Could this please be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Minimize / Maximize Tear Away Menu

When I mouse over the Teams application in the TaskBar, it shows the "preview" above it. Most (if not all) applications respond to a right click on the preview by showing a tear away menu with Restore, Move, Size, Minimize & Maximize. Teams does not.

The maximize method is typically how I get applications that are open, but seem to be stuck on my 4K monitor at home that is no longer connected to my laptop to appear on the screens that are currently visible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Updates bring application to front

When Microsoft Teams updates on mac it brings the application to the front which prevents me from using whatever other application I was in. This is annoying, please keep the application in the background or let me turn off autoupdates (or when I want updates to occur).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Images won't Display in Web App

I have been using the Microsoft Teams Web app in chrome and whenever someone posts an image it will just show an empty frame and not load the image. I have to download the image in order to view it. I attached an example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Title bar should be blocked by task bar

When the Task (Start) bar is docked at the top of the screen, the Title bar of the window is blocked and hidden. Unless you know the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut, it's not possible to move/max/min the window.

>> Application should detect where the task bar is docked and calculate where to move so that the task bar doesn't block it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add new team members by copying from Outlook

If I add new team members and simply copy them from an e-mail in Outlook (e.g. entire To line), it does not work. I have to manually remove the e-mail address. Also I can only add one after the other. First a person has to be found before I can paste the next name. Expectation: Copy / paste should work in the first place

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG-Team members Pictures missing

Team members pictures show in the online version but not in the Windows Application.
    I'm currently running on Windows 7. See attachment for example.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.