Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft teams does not honor Allow Conflicts setting of a Room

Microsoft Teams does not allow you to book an already booked room where the room has Allow Conflicts checked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix grammar on no updates available text

When checking for updates and none are available the response text reads
    "You have got Microsoft Teams latest updates. Enjoy!"
    This is awful grammar; "have got" is ugly in itself but even with that there is a lack of possession (Microsoft Teams').

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When favorite group has only one entry, show it without having to click on group name

When a favorite group has more than one entry they are all shown. But when it has only a single entry it is not shown unless you click on the group name. Single entries should be shown automatically without having to click on group name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make this feedback work in Chrome with 3. party cookies disabled

When trying to send a feedback, the checkbox to accept "Terms of service" is not visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Editing a Word document - cursor jumps to top of document when autosaving

The "edit in teams" feature is really quick user-hostile right now. I love the idea, but it's quite buggy. Many issues have already been reported, but I didn't see anything about the fact that after an auto-save, the cursor jumps to the top of the document. Oddly, it's not every time, but most. I experienced this on both Windows 10 and MacOS versions of the desktop Teams application, with all OS/App versions updated as of 2018/05/08.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graphics error

Here is the situation:

I was using Teams for a video call with a coworker.
    My coworker was presenting his screen, but not using his webcam.
    I was using my webcam to show my face

I minimized the screen share presentation on my end to send a link in chat to said coworker.

My left monitor of my dual monitors flickered and went crazy.

Moved Teams to my right-side screen, performed the same steps, again my left monitor flickered and went crazy.

I have no other graphics issues, so I do not think the issue is anything as simple as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hootsuite Connector

Regarding the Hootsuite Connector to Microsoft Teams.

On the day I am writing this there are constructively numerous bugs with this connector, two of which make the connector useless.

1- You can only create 1 social media connection per Team. For example, we can only connect 1 of the 4 Twitter feeds available (Home, Mentions, Inbox, My Tweets), and once we created a connection, we cannot add any other, as much from the same social network as from any other (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).

2- Once you delete a Hootsuite connection from a Team, although it is completely deleted, it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. iPhone app constantly crashing on iPhone X

Phone app is constantly crashing on iPhone X.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Meeting link disappearing

Whenever I update a calendar invite in outlook to a teams meeting, the link is generated but when I send the invite out the link is removed. Mail/Calendar settings are set for HTML. I then have to manually link the meeting url.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Major issue with inking in assignments with OneNote pages

For a few weeks I have been experimenting a major issue concerning assignments which include pages from Class Notebooks: OneNote online will not open and inking is not possible.
    I If I want to check my students work, I have to open it (one by one) using the OneNote app.
    Is it a bug?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SECTION names in OneNote keep defaulting to FILE name!!!

My team and I created a shared OneNote file. We created a number of different SECTIONS within this file, and one or more PAGES in each section. When we made this OneNote file a "tab" in a Microsoft Team room, however, it began forcing all SECTION names (except for the first section) to be the FILE name. We've tried renaming every section (directly, using OneNote online, and using OneNote desktop app) and MS Teams still keeps overwriting these section names. We really need a solution for this (apparent) bug!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A bug with the icon on hover

When you hover over a contact that comes from skype for business the icon disappears

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User Picture: Pictures are Associated with Wrong User

A chat was displaying the correct picture for a user, but now displays the picture for a different user entirely (was chatting with a male coworker but now the picture is a female coworker). It was a group chat, so the "split" image that appears on the group chat still shows the original user's picture, but today, we see the other picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team selector

I encountered a not so frequent error, applicable only for users which are members of more than two teams in different tenants. In such a case in upper-right corner there is selector, see teams1.png attached. After some time, usually a day or two, this selector disapears and the only way to restore it is to logoff and login again, which is quite time consuming and cumbersome (esp. if two-way authorization is used in some of the teams...)

Regards,

Jan

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Host Taskbar is always on top when connecting to RDP

The taskbar of the Windows 10 from which I connect to another Windows 10 PC via Microsoft Remote Desktop is always on top of the RDP window in the full screen RDP mode.

This is very annoying. Microsoft Outlook or Skype-for-Business do not cause such behavior.

I have to quit Teams before connecting to work computer. This has something to do with notification icons in Windows taskbar tray.

The problem is exactly like this:

https://superuser.com/questions/1243000/local-taskbar-visible-during-remote-desktop-fullscreen

I did not immediately find the culprit. You can understand how frustrating it can be by reading this thread (similar issue) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/auto-hide-task-bar/362df0e4-e65a-43a8-ab83-fefaedffb656

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Teams window stay at the size and location where I put it--it keeps getting bigger

I use auto-size feature in Window 7 to make the Teams window match the height of my screen, but eventually I find that Teams has gotten just a little bigger, and now the emoji and send buttons are off the bottom of my screen. Also it gets wider--I set it to the narrowest setting, and it decides it wants to be wider.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Onenote doesn't work with Teams - Mac

I can't write anything in a OneNote within the Teams app. Only if i open it in OneNote. It would be nice to have this bug (?) fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base