Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when will wiki articles be searchable?

I have a lot of content stored in wiki articles in teams and it is extremely difficult for other users to find the content they want. It's very hard to believe this has not been built into the top search function in teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement other Boolean operators than AND for Teams search

I would like you to implement more Boolean operators such as OR to use search in Teams. Currently, we can use AND operator only.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When searching guest users

I would like you to add a feature that sets each guest user to be shown or hidden in the search result when searching guest users registered in Office 365.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Want to search for Delve profile information for Office 365 accounts from Microsoft Teams

I would like to use Microsoft Teams to search O365 accounts profile information set in Delve such as Projects, Skills and expertise and About me.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it easier to find named conversations

If I search for the name of a previous conversation it will not be listed, just the messages inside the conversation. It would be nice if the names of conversations where also listed if they match the search terms. If that's not possible another tab could be added next to Messages/People/Files called conversations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search has regressed

The Search functionality in the latest update to the Teams app seems to have regressed. If you search for something, and find a message with that phrase, when you click on it, it only shows you that exact message.

No context.

If you click the "Go to that chat" link, it puts you at the latest message in that chat stream, not where the found message is.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File search of SharePoint Online document libraries added as "Cloud Storage"

I have added separate SP libraries to MS Teams as " Add Cloud Storage". When I try to search for files that are located in one of these document libraries which are not associated to MS Teams, no items appear. The only way to search these libraries tis to go into SP online to use the search from there.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search inside the text of Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoints, Excel files, etc.

The search feature should pull results from inside attachments, like Outlook currently does. This is invaluable when files are frequently labeled poorly. Also, allowing you to choose to only search attachments would add a lot of value.

For example, a search for a company name that might be in the signature line of a legal document, but not in the file name would still allow you to find the document you were looking for.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add search operators

add search operators to teams, quotes, minus, AND, OR, in (team/channel), etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Search tab for each group chat

Introducing a separate search tab for each group chat. The search will be limited to the respective group, without showing results from other conversations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

On the [Share with Outlook] screen, remove the display restriction during search.

In the past, when I was searching for email address recipients, my address was also shown, so it used to be easy to find, but now I have to enter a string for every address.

It is very inconvenient, but I would like you to realize comfortable operation as before.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an in-chat search function, the general search function is too messy.

Please add an in-chat search function, the general search function is too messy. I'd like to search a conversation for a specific keyword, without having to use the general search which takes longer and brings up the same keyword in unrelated conversations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Function to customize the user search in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams ユーザー検索をカスタマイズする機能
    Function to customize the user search in Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams ではユーザー検索の際に、"Exchange アドレス帳ポリシーを利用したユーザー検索制限" しか検索を制限する機能がなく誰でも検索できてしまう。ユーザーにより、検索可能な範囲を詳細に設定できる機能(特定ユーザーのみ検索可能等の検索範囲を制限するなどの調整)の実装を希望します。

Currently when searching for users in Teams, instead of the search function “Using Exchange address book policies to limit user search”, you can search for anyone. We would like a function where the scope of searching that is possible can be set in detail for different users (restrictions such as only specific users being able to search).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. search option for chats

search option in chats like cntrl+F !

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide "Open File Location" option in search

When i search for files, i am unable to tell the location of the file from the search results. All it shows under file name in search results is "<<Team Name>>/Shared Documents". So we are unable to tell which channel it is and which sub-folder in the channel it is in.

Can we have a "Open file location" option in context menu or have the file location shown in search results under the file?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Faceted Search

Please provide Faceted Search so that we can filter by various aspects similar to outlook search such as:
    *categories, important/tags, people, time sent/received, group, drafts/unsent messages, seen/not seen, conversations with attachments/links/screenshots, saved messages, type of message (announcement, reply, message, etc) and other types of data & metadata.

This combined with smart text searches that can have exact quotes, exclude terms, etc

"Other terms such as hierarchical faceted metadata, faceted search and browsing, and dynamic taxonomies refer to similar concepts."
    ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/faceted-search/ )

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable the content search to find images only

It would be great if the content search can find images only from the conversation in Teams, as the current content search cannot.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save message with a tag

Allow specifying a tag when saving a message, which can then be used later for easy retrieving of the message. Consequently, allow searching a saved message by a given tag.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. include more Active directory information

include active directory information in the search.
    like location, so if I type a city it will show all the members in that city.
    also include the other fields of information from active directory in the contact space, like cell phone numbers

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable eDiscovery to search chats and files which have been edited or deleted

We currently cannot audit chats and files which have been deleted or edited in Microsoft Teams unless we enable the retention policy. It would be great if we could use eDiscovery function to search them without using the retention policy.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base