Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search Team name

I have 30+ Teams. How/where do I search for a Team name?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When searching in the bar, press enter for the top result

When searching in the bar, press enter for the top result

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search through messages

I want to be able to search for messages in a thread

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connector search support

Content posted by Connectors (e.g. RSS Feeds, VSTS, Jira, Yammer, etc.) should be included in search results. Having this show up in "messages" is fine/expected but right now searches for things that we know are in conversations do not show up.

Many of us use Teams to aggregate information from multiple places and without search working for connectors, it makes the goal of making Teams the only place one needs to go more difficult.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. search then sort by date modified

Doing a search in explorer, waiting for it to complete, then clicking on the "Date Modified" column to sort by most recent causes Windows to start the search all over again. This is frustrating when searching a large directory, because I already wait for the search to complete, then after the results have come up, I should be able to simply sort the results that are already found by their modified date. But instead, I believe due to a bug, Windows Search thinks it has to start the search all over again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mobile App Search - Indistinguishable Results

Chat messages and messages in Team threads are very difficult to distinguish between in the mobile search. This leads to poor UX. If a user (me) is not careful when deliberating between results in the early morning hours then they (me) might send a message into a public thread whilst having intended to send a message to a private chat.

Please think about adjusting the prominence of the chat type or including a more distinguishable characteristic between Team messages and Chat messages within search results.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use search to quickly jump to a tab

Similar to how you can user the search bar to quickly jump to a specific Team or Channel, it would be great to show Tab names as well. Of course it would need to show you which team and channel that tab belongs to. If you select that item it quickly takes you directly to that tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the bookmark display only the bookmarked part of the conversation

Bookmarks would be a whole lot more powerful when it would only display the bookmarked conversation - should not be too difficult, right?

(the current setting only 'jumps' back in the timeline with all the other conversations on display, too - which isn't helpful when trying to focus only on my bookmarked conversation, really)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search engine should search on team name, like desktop version

Somehow when you search for a team name in the iPad version, there is no results, or the wrong. I expect to get the team names.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. search posts i started

Need a filter to show me all the posts I started. At times people will answer my question, forget to @ me and I miss the response. Perhaps even a filter to show posts I started without a response or reaction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a feature that can view audio messages with content search

If you post an audio message of mobile app and retrieve a log by content search, content is left blank, and it is hard to recognize it as audio message.
    So, we need a feature that can view audio messages as they are. Also, we need a feature that can see content of audio files from the log view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show the same search results for Teams desktop and for mobile app

When entering one multibyte character in the search bar via desktop client, the search result will be shown.
    However, with mobile devices, we need to type two or more multibyte characters to show search results.
    Therefore, I think the both apps should provide us exactly same results.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Run a search by a link/ url

I would like the possibility to run a search in Teams by a link.
    Example run a search in a Team or Channel
    https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3a68accb59058b4f6aa64d261f0d7bbcc8%40thread.skype/Uservoices?groupId=56bc81d8-db27-487c-8e4f-8d5ea9058663&tenantId=8d4b558f-7b2e-40ba-ad1f-e04d79e6265a maybe a s type link for search
    Add a query parameter for search by keyword
    Also a type parameter to filter by type e.g. conversation or file or one ...
    This would be great to quickly fire a Teams search from outside also to provide quick shortcuts to common search.
    Currently the filter option can be quite cumbersome and you can not save a preferred search.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search results differ depending on which app you are using

Unsearchable keywords in Microsoft Teams desktop or web clients can be successfully searched if you use Teams iOS app. I would like you to standardize the search function to provide the same experience between desktop/web app and iOS app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get user's details directly from results in search bar without starting chat draft

Hello,
    it would be great to implement a feature to show the user's details (like in SfB) directly from the search bar without opening a new chat draft with the user and switching to chat and back.

Thank you for considering.
    JH

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Setting to have search not cover external tenants

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部のテナントに検索されないようにする設定について
    Setting to have search not cover external tenants

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、外部のテナントのチャットや会議の招待時の検索結果に表示されないようにする機能の追加を希望いたします。
    I would like a setting to prevent external tenant’s chats and meeting invitations from appearing in search results in Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. include more Active directory information

include active directory information in the search.
    like location, so if I type a city it will show all the members in that city.
    also include the other fields of information from active directory in the contact space, like cell phone numbers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search content of email messages saved as files

Outlook email messages saved into a channel can be previewed, but the content does not appear to be included in search results for files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search within Chat window

Functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Search within Chat window

functionality to search the string within the chat window between two individuals. For example: I have chatted with my colleague about some project say "abc". Now after few months if i go back to chat window to look for the project discussion, I should be able to search with "abc" string and get my chat what we discussed long back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base