Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. filter

Moving over to Teams from the Conversation History in Skype I have lost the ability to search my chat history my date. I see the capability of filtering based on date, but you can't enter a specific date. The filter option also seems to require you searching for something first.

I would like to see the search be modified to include an option to search by date, or the filter option be available without searching for something first.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team channel people search

Instead of 2 search buttons that don’t work well, one search button that shows any match for people, Teams, channels? I hate that searching for a channel, if it isn’t completely spelled properly, it doesn’t show. So then you search thru all teams, point and click to open more than 5 channels, which really, really gets old...hunting for the channel.

And, I’d really like to know who is on a team or a channel when I’m about to send a message.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search within Teams needs improving

The ability to search in Teams for a Public team is only successful if you type the first letters of the name of the Team. If I search for a Team using a word or letters that are in the latter part of the name if does not work e.g. we have lots of Public Teams starting with i3 - POD - <specific name>. I can search using i3, but if i just type POD into search it does not work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Best match" category for search results

Similar to how search works in Windows 10, I would like search results to show me all search results first in a "best result" tab then allow me to browse those results by using "messages", "people", and "files" tabs.

Right now if I search on a term that is only present in a file the results window shows nothing because its defaulting to the messages tab. At the very least show the number of results on each tab.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. First name search should return last name, first name in last name alphabetical order

In people search, First name search should return first - anyone I've texted with previously, then by last name, first name in last name alphabetical order. Right now it's returning in a seemingly random order.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to search using short name of a person

If I have a Teams Colleague with the name Robert Vanderplank and I search for the name Rob Vanderplank the Teams Search results return no results. I have to enter his full name as Robert Vanderplank to find his contact.

It would be very useful if Teams could search using partial names as well as the full name.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. search auto-populate best option

When you search, it would be great if the search tool started to automatically populate what it thinks is the best option. This would allow you to just hit Enter if it is on the right search choice instead of being forced to use the mouse or arrows to select the right option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search using a full email address for users not included in Address Book Policy (APB)

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP)適用範囲外のユーザーの検索結果について
    Search using a full email address for users not included in Address Book Policy (APB)

■Description(内容):
    以前は、アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP)適用範囲外のユーザーは、フルアドレス入力することで、検索およびチャット・チーム追加などが可能であったが、現在は動作が変更され、フルアドレス入力での検索ができなくなっている。
    自テナントでは、フルアドレス入力での検索が必要なため、動作が変更となったことに非常に不便を感じています。
    今後、アドレス帳ポリシー(ABP) の設定または、Teams 管理センターなどでフルアドレス入力での検索のオン・オフを切り替えられる機能の実装を希望します。
    In the past, users that were not included in the Address Book Policy (APB) could input a full email address for searching and adding chats/teams, but that has now been changed; users cannot enter a full email address to do searching anymore.
    In our tenant, we need to enter a full email address for searching, so we feel very inconvenienced by this change.
    Thus we hope that a feature to enable/disable full email address…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display the department name when adding a member

There is not enough information when adding a member to the team.
    The title is displayed, but the department name is not displayed.
    When searching, it is inconvenient.
    I hope that the department name is also displayed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to search within specific teams or chats

Instead of searching through all files and teams, allow the ability to search within a specific teams or chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Searching for the same terms on different devices returns different results

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams の検索窓に同じワードを入力しても、デバイスによって検索結果が異なるため、統一してほしい。
    Searching for the same terms on different devices returns different results

■Description(内容):
    同じワードで検索したところ、Teams クライアント アプリと Teams Web アプリでは、検索結果に "本来ヒットするべき文言" が表示されなかったが、ワードを分割して検索すると "本来ヒットするべき文言" が表示された。
    しかし、iPhone だと、完全なワードで検索しても、ワードを分割して検索しても、"本来ヒットするべき文言" が表示された。
    When searching for a given string in Japanese, the Teams client and the Teams Web app won’t return any hits if the string is not split up with a space or hyphen, however they will return results when it is split into parts. However on iPhone, the correct results are returned whether or not the string is split up or not. Please make this behavior consistent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search for anything over all teams (also public team I'm not member)

I'd like to find anything I'm looking for even I'm not a member of a public team. Maybe there should be a possibility do decide if I like to search only within teams I'm member or teams I'm member and all public teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable #hastags to be used in teams to improve cross team and conversation searching

Enable #hastags to be used in teams to improve cross team and conversation searching

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a search function for past chats and past files

I think it would be a good idea to add a search function for the past chats and past files. This would enhance efficiency significantly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add a search feature within chats.

Please add a search feature within chats, to allow for finding particular conversations etc more convenient. It can be quite difficult scrolling through weeks of conversation, simply to find a quote from someone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. when will wiki articles be searchable?

I have a lot of content stored in wiki articles in teams and it is extremely difficult for other users to find the content they want. It's very hard to believe this has not been built into the top search function in teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search conversations

The Search in Teams is not finding parts of keywords in the start of a conversation, only in the comments. If you search for the complete word, it will be found in the start of a conversation.

You can find an example in my screenshot (sorry for German inside that screen).

I expected that this is an error/incident. But Premier support told me, that this is "by design". So now we have to vote for a default function of every search...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search by position in company

Because of the high flow of workers in some departments, it would be really useful if the search would have capabilitiy to find people by their job title since there are people who need to communicate but often only have a knowledge of the title, not the name.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to chat only users who want to allow chat

Since the search of other users is enabled in the default state of the Teams, I want to be able to chat only users who want to allow chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. meeting search

Context Aware Search Across All Areas of Teams
    It would be really helpful if we could search specific places in teams independently. i.e. "search w/in conversation" "search meeting names" "search all meeting notes" With a company the size of the one I work for, getting results from all conversations, all channels, is overwhelming and unhelpful, and having to go to outlook and find a meeting and then carry that over to scroll backwards thru meetings is even more cumbersome than it sounds typing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base