Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. double-quoted string search function

I'd like to search with following keywords
    yammer teams
    By doing it, the search result will show the posts including both yammer and teams

But to search with Yammer[sp]Teams, many search engine provides such function by letting user by double quoting the search keywords.
    I'd like you to provide such function.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online Status of the Users

sometimes when searching user from creating option, it is showing them offline and when starting the conversation this user is appearing as online

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. File search of SharePoint Online document libraries added as "Cloud Storage"

I have added separate SP libraries to MS Teams as " Add Cloud Storage". When I try to search for files that are located in one of these document libraries which are not associated to MS Teams, no items appear. The only way to search these libraries tis to go into SP online to use the search from there.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search inside the text of Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoints, Excel files, etc.

The search feature should pull results from inside attachments, like Outlook currently does. This is invaluable when files are frequently labeled poorly. Also, allowing you to choose to only search attachments would add a lot of value.

For example, a search for a company name that might be in the signature line of a legal document, but not in the file name would still allow you to find the document you were looking for.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search hits leads to a file, I would like to see the folder it is in

When I do a search I ofted find a file (i.e. a pdf), and when clicking the file is opened. But I would like to have the ability to go to the folder where the file is, either after viewing it, and deciding it was not the right one, or directly in the search results.

Right now I have zero ability to go to WHERE the file was found, because only the team and channel is shown under the file name.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Teams more like garbage can, less like landfill

The more I use Teams, the messier it gets. It's like a landfill that just keeps growing. Email is like a garbage can, at least I'm able to clean out old junk that's no longer relevant.
    Today I tried to find a conversation I had with someone from May, without knowing a specific word to "search" for. I had to repeatedly press the "Home" button to go to the short-term top of the chat with that person, and repeat for a few minutes. Or if I knew a word to search, it would have taken me only to an individual…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add search on every chat session not just a common one

Add search on every chat session not just a common one. Its really hard to search globally. Adding a search option under each chat session would help a lot.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. control f fuctionality

a way to search within the window you have open.

Similar to browser functionality and word/excel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add search operators

add search operators to teams, quotes, minus, AND, OR, in (team/channel), etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams でのユーザー検索の制限について
    Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

■Description(内容):
    Teams 内の個人チャットなどにおいて、ユーザー検索を制限したいが以下参考情報に記載があるようにハイブリッド環境では現在サポートされない状況です。
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

ハイブリッド環境においてもユーザー検索を制限する方法の提供もしくは機能の拡充を希望いたします。

According to this article, scoping user search is not supported in the Hybrid configuration.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

We would like to see the feature to restrict user search in private chat at Teams for the Hybrid configuration as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search text within in-line chat image

When images with text in them are posted to a channel or thread within a channel it would be nice if they could be indexed and thus searchable.

Images are currently searchable if they are added as files within a MS teams channel, just not if they are pasted in as in-line images.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Files search results link back to Team or Channel

When searching for a file the result will show which team / channel the file is from, but provides no direct way to go to that team / channel.

Chat results when select show you the tabs for that team and the header provides a breadcrumb to take you to the team. This provides context for the result and a way into related team/channel content.

File results should provide some way to establish the context for the file and to access other materials from the team/channel working with the file.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. see all available teams to join

New employees want to find an join teams of interest in the organisation. as they are new the suggestions are empty so unless they are told what to join they are in the dark as to what is available. We also get duplicate teams set up simply because employees are unaware of the existence of teams.
    Please can we have a way on the join a team page to list all teams so people can request access to private or join public teams that look interesting.
    This lack of visibility is creating silos of data and pushing people to alternate…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索の制御について
    Allow users to search people only by email address at Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー検索において、ユーザーの表示名による検索を制限し、メール アドレスの入力による検索のみ可能とする機能の追加を希望します。

At Microsoft Teams, I would like to see the feature to restrict user searching by display name and allow users to search only by email address.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search chat history by date, use fuzzy matching; allow navigation of chat by date

Searching in chat history should support fuzzy matching (similar to searching in Bing). It should be possible to search in a chat with a specific user, or in a specific group / channel.

Further, results should include the date and time of the messages. This is important to find information when you know approximately when the conversation took place.

It should be also possible to filter chat history by date, and navigate to chat sections within a range of time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter search results by private chat

When filtering search results it's possible to filter by Team, Channel, and From. It would be great to have the option to filter my search results to all private chats.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Name search

support searching for users contacts based on the names in Outlook contacts (like Skype) and for common nick names. Search for
    "Joe" --> "Joseph"
    "Dave" --> "David"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open folder from search results

Often we need to access a folder that a file is located within. Search only allows opening the file, not opening the folder location. At a minimum, it should display the folder location so that we can browse there manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include Folders in Search Results

Please Include folders in the Search results. This works in Cortana as well as File explorer but unfortunately does not inside the Teams app.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.