Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Search within Saved Chats Only

There is the ability to save chat conversations, however, need the ability to only search within those saved chats and not across all chats.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search has regressed

The Search functionality in the latest update to the Teams app seems to have regressed. If you search for something, and find a message with that phrase, when you click on it, it only shows you that exact message.

No context.

If you click the "Go to that chat" link, it puts you at the latest message in that chat stream, not where the found message is.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. File search of SharePoint Online document libraries added as "Cloud Storage"

I have added separate SP libraries to MS Teams as " Add Cloud Storage". When I try to search for files that are located in one of these document libraries which are not associated to MS Teams, no items appear. The only way to search these libraries tis to go into SP online to use the search from there.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hello, Please add a extended function in search which would allow to search folders :)

Please add a extended function in search which would allow to search folders :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search hits leads to a file, I would like to see the folder it is in

When I do a search I ofted find a file (i.e. a pdf), and when clicking the file is opened. But I would like to have the ability to go to the folder where the file is, either after viewing it, and deciding it was not the right one, or directly in the search results.

Right now I have zero ability to go to WHERE the file was found, because only the team and channel is shown under the file name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Teams more like garbage can, less like landfill

The more I use Teams, the messier it gets. It's like a landfill that just keeps growing. Email is like a garbage can, at least I'm able to clean out old junk that's no longer relevant.
    Today I tried to find a conversation I had with someone from May, without knowing a specific word to "search" for. I had to repeatedly press the "Home" button to go to the short-term top of the chat with that person, and repeat for a few minutes. Or if I knew a word to search, it would have taken me only to an individual…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No way to find saved messages in chat

You can save a message in a chat, but there's no way to easily find them after.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のメッセージの検索について
    Allow us to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のメッセージの検索にて、メッセージの投稿日の日付を指定して検索できる機能の提供を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to search messages with specifying posting date in Microsoft Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include Outlook Contacts in Calls Contact list

Include Office 365 Outlook Contacts (local) in the Contacts of calls in a way that the data displayed can be changed to fit the needs of the user.

Outlook contacts are displayed (Thank you) but it is a 1985 display with no customization. Let us control the fields displayed and the size of each field to make this something other than an irritation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Want to search for Delve profile information for Office 365 accounts from Microsoft Teams

I would like to use Microsoft Teams to search O365 accounts profile information set in Delve such as Projects, Skills and expertise and About me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Retrieve only deleted chat messages by Content Search in Microsoft Teams

Contents search allows us to find all chats, however this function does not allow to search only deleted chats.
    I need to check the only deleted chats, so the current behavior annoys me to check which ones were deleted or not.
    I request you the search function is available to specifically find the deleted chats in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filter search results by private chat

When filtering search results it's possible to filter by Team, Channel, and From. It would be great to have the option to filter my search results to all private chats.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default to searching for people

The search is kind of cumbersome. I would like it to automatically include contacts when I search, that's only what I use the search for. But currently it defaults to searching messages. It should default to searching contacts like the Skype for Business Search does.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search button scoped to the current active screen

Everywhere you go in Teams, you should have a search button that automatically filters to the scope of the active screen. Then, whent he search is executed, an option to widen the search to beyond the initial scope.

So in summary:
    1. Search command bar continues as it does today
    2. New Search button at the bottom of the conversation tab which pre-filters the search results to just that channel
    3. New Search button at the top of Files in the Files tab to search just that location
    4. New Search button at the bottom of the chat window to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. double-quoted string search function

I'd like to search with following keywords
    yammer teams
    By doing it, the search result will show the posts including both yammer and teams

But to search with Yammer[sp]Teams, many search engine provides such function by letting user by double quoting the search keywords.
    I'd like you to provide such function.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search inside the text of Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoints, Excel files, etc.

The search feature should pull results from inside attachments, like Outlook currently does. This is invaluable when files are frequently labeled poorly. Also, allowing you to choose to only search attachments would add a lot of value.

For example, a search for a company name that might be in the signature line of a legal document, but not in the file name would still allow you to find the document you were looking for.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add search on every chat session not just a common one

Add search on every chat session not just a common one. Its really hard to search globally. Adding a search option under each chat session would help a lot.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. control f fuctionality

a way to search within the window you have open.

Similar to browser functionality and word/excel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add search operators

add search operators to teams, quotes, minus, AND, OR, in (team/channel), etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams でのユーザー検索の制限について
    Allow Hybrid configuration to support Teams scoped directory search

■Description(内容):
    Teams 内の個人チャットなどにおいて、ユーザー検索を制限したいが以下参考情報に記載があるようにハイブリッド環境では現在サポートされない状況です。
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

ハイブリッド環境においてもユーザー検索を制限する方法の提供もしくは機能の拡充を希望いたします。

According to this article, scoping user search is not supported in the Hybrid configuration.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search

We would like to see the feature to restrict user search in private chat at Teams for the Hybrid configuration as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.