Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Folders in Search Results

Please Include folders in the Search results. This works in Cortana as well as File explorer but unfortunately does not inside the Teams app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improved search functions.

searching channel specific wiki and file contents for key words does not appear to be implemented. An advanced search dialogue would be appreciated.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Searching in Saved Messages

We use Microsoft Teams at my workplace and we really like the opportunity to save documents, posts or photos. When there is a task and a deadline in a post, I just save it and then I can check it easily at the 'Saved messages' tab. So I won't forget it. The only one problem is with the saving posts is if there are too many posts then hard to find and manage them, so it would be essential and important that users could SEARCH only between the saved messages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Channel search results should open the whole thread

When searching for something from a channel conversation, the results returned are atomic, so I cannot find the whole context of the thread.

Repro steps:
    1) Have a conversation in a channel about a complex topic (in this case, using a VPN)
    2) Allow several other conversations to happen in channel, where scrolling is no longer a convenient way to find it
    3) Search for your old conversation by keyword
    4) Select the proper result in the search results pane

Expected: You are now at that post in the conversation
    Currently: A lot of results are in the "main" pane,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. search options

Search functionality:
    1. Limit Search To:
    * All of Microsoft Teams
    * All Chats
    * Only chats including [select input]
    * All Teams
    * Only Team(s) [select]
    * All channels in a team
    * Only channel(s) [select]

The search function is currently very poorly received across our area because it is just a massive search string.

I would like the ability to restrict a search by Team and/or Channel and/or Individual
    In order to have a more targeted search result
    So that I can more quickly and efficiently find the correct result.

Additionally - searching in User Feedback Forums is…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support the use of hashtags to be criteria for a Channel, like Search Folders

Support the use of hashtags to be criteria for a Channel, kind of like Search Folders. That way, you can be made aware of all conversations about #topicofinterest

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. #Teams

Trending "hashtags" might help Teams ability to search for common terms that we use. If we can use the # we might be able to click on the term and see all of the other times our group or other groups did the same thing!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search files

Hello. Some of our users are getting an error 'cannot display search results' when searching over files.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No way to find saved messages in chat

You can save a message in a chat, but there's no way to easily find them after.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter search results by private chat

When filtering search results it's possible to filter by Team, Channel, and From. It would be great to have the option to filter my search results to all private chats.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. a-z search

The search feature in the A-Z Contacts section of Calls does not work. I have tried typing in partial names, complete names that are exact matches of existing contacts, and phone numbers of existing contacts... but when I hit enter after typing in that field, my list of contacts is not narrowed down.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scroll/ show channel to match selected team after search

When searching for a team and selecting the team name from the search result, the channel list on the left is not updated to 'scroll to' the team's channels. So the wrong channels are still shown/ I need to manually scroll down the team&channel list on the left to see which channels belong to the now selected team.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeroen

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to search a Team and a Channel

Searching should be able to be narrowed and limited to the scope of what is currently selected. That would go for Chats, Teams level, Team level, channel level. It would also be nice to access the indexed content in OneNote and other Office files and text files.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. see all teams

Join or Create a Team should display all existing Teams in the organization. Currently the Join or Create option only allows Create. The Search field does not display teams not already in my Favourites list that I know exist. Rather it asks if I want to create a new team with the name of the existing team rather than offering me an opportunity to join the existing team.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Highlight the searched words on the right panel

When we run a search on Teams, the search results displayed under the "Messages" tab will have the searched words highlighted and this is great.

However, if we then click on the search result we were looking for, the relevant section or words of the selected result isn't highlighted on the panel on the right side, it just loads the discussion at its end. We have to scroll up and look for what we need manually to find the section/words we were looking for.

It would be a great improvement for the Search feature to highlight directly in the right…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SFB 用户日常活动数据报表

根据官方文档:https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/skypeforbusiness/skype-for-business-online-reporting/activity-reporthttps://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/skypeforbusiness/skype-for-business-online-reporting/activity-report

在0365 管理员中心获取的SFB 用户报表只是针对会议上的数据。
    比如:last activity data 是该用户最近参与对等会话、组织或参与会议的时间。
    希望能出一份。记录SFB 用户日常活动的数据报表。

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search function across multiple wiki TABs within a channel

Search function across multiple TABs within a channel

We have multiple wiki tabs, containing various product information, within a channel. Users would like to be able to search for words across all wikis to be able to find a product that could be in any of the wikis.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Diacritic insensitive text search

Currently the message search is diacritic sensitive. Fox example, if you type a phrase like "naive" or "resume", the result set on the Messages tab will contain the exact matches only, therefore the alternative forms like "naïve" or "résumé" will be missing, and vice versa.

This behaviour particularly affects non-English languages where accents are frequently used and it makes text search inaccurate.

It would be nice if all versions matched regardless of whether diacritics were typed or not.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix search functionality

Search is quite buggy:

• disabled users are still searchable (even though their account have no license assigned)

• not all people with same name are displayed in the result list

• search in desktop version shows different results than in web version

Please fix this, it's really hard to work without working search functionality.

Thank you,

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Online Status of the Users

sometimes when searching user from creating option, it is showing them offline and when starting the conversation this user is appearing as online

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base