Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Matching Channels Should Show Up in Team Search

Channel names that match a search in "Team Search" should show up in the search along with the team they are a part of.

Depending on how we use the two entities they could be relatively interchangable - a user searching should not have to know ahead of time that the "abc" channel they are looking for is a part of "xyz team"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wiki search results display

When searching for a string using the top search/command bar the Wiki pages are included in the search with is good.
    Unfortunately the results can’t be displayed within Teams. you have to download an mht file and open it locally with a web browser.
    It sounds strange that documents created and edited within teams can’t be displayed when part of search results...
    It makes it almost useless

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. filter date

In a big organization environment, we have a lot of chats, Teams channel going on. When trying to search certain thread/conversations, filter options built in Teams work fine for the most. But when trying to search certain dates to see the whole thread, it is kind of impossible, without having an option to select date range with calendar pop up to choose the date ranges. without this feature, I am having to go scroll up and down to find the exact date, time etc. Real pain....
    So far with date range filter, it is set to certain period of time:…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. search

When you search for a team, then click on a team, the navigation pane does not move to that team so you can't see the channels. You still have to manually find the team in the list to see the channels within the team.
    Clicking search result should make the navigation pane jump to that team and expand it to see the channels.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow activity, chat and channels to be filtered by date only, no search text

Allow activity, chat and channels to be filtered by date only, no search text. In the current implementation you are required to enter search text before the date filter is available. Users should be allowed to filter by date without the need to enter other search criterial. Teams enables a large of communication to take place and is easy to fall behind, especially after being away from the office for vacations, training, or other reasons. Having the ability to filter by date without additional criteria would allow you to more easily catch up by showing a list of communication for…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Favorite Search - Saved Searches

Have the option to pin to favorites bar "Saved Searches", or "Virtual channels" or "Alert Channels" or whavetever the name, you get the idea.. be able to define a search and get an unread count when there are matches on it. Ideal to track common terms across all of the teams you are connected to.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make search option available for each group chat, as all chats are online so easy to search.

Make search option available for each group chat, as all chats are online so easy to search while having to many groups.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Join Public Teams Search Directory Failure

What about to make the directory of Public teams display correctly for users?
    When user click on "Join or create a team" the list of public teams of the organisation appears,
    teh directory of Public teams displays randomly, for some users of the same organization they can se only 2 for others several there is no rule,
    It is a stop for our organization to join MSTeams instead of Slack

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be helpful to be able to search Subject Lines or # identified words

It would be helpful to be able to search by Subject Line or to be able to mark key words with a # to search later. When I search for #, any words that I have marked with # would show up.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Searchable code snippets

It's not possible to search for the content of a code snippet.

Would be great to be able to search for parts of the content, e.g. if you want to search for examples where a certain class or library is in use.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need the ability to search for files within specific Teams

Need the ability to search for files within specific channels, rather then the entirety of files in Teams

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch focus to chosen team

When searching for a team and clicking it, after I have found it, the Teams app does not switch the focus to the chosen team. That is very annoying because I cannot see channels of that team, if my focus is set on other teams within the teams list on the left side.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow searching files with partial file name

Allow file search using partial file name. I see the file when i click on Files icon but when i search for the same using partial name using the 'Search or type a command' box, it does not give any result. I have to give exact and full name of the file for the search to work.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. navigation history

Can the < > navigation arrows have a history (right click) to jump to a specific item, instead of doing a lot of clicks to go back and forward (alike the browsers)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Tasks Keyword Searchable

Currently Planner Tasks are not searchable in Planner or in Teams. Please make keyword searches in Team apply to Tasks as well and add search-ability to Planner.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. #Teams

Trending "hashtags" might help Teams ability to search for common terms that we use. If we can use the # we might be able to click on the term and see all of the other times our group or other groups did the same thing!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Find/Search > Go to Chat. should take you to that point in time during the chat. Not just the chat window.

I want to search for a conversation within a full chat with someone. So, I use keywords in the search function. Teams will find the single message in which I used that keyword but single messages are out of context.

The Go to Chat feature just takes you to that chat at the latest message. It should take you to that specific point in time in the chat so that you can see the full context of the conversation.

Trying to scroll through days of endless chatter is cumbersome.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Channel search results should open the whole thread

When searching for something from a channel conversation, the results returned are atomic, so I cannot find the whole context of the thread.

Repro steps:
    1) Have a conversation in a channel about a complex topic (in this case, using a VPN)
    2) Allow several other conversations to happen in channel, where scrolling is no longer a convenient way to find it
    3) Search for your old conversation by keyword
    4) Select the proper result in the search results pane

Expected: You are now at that post in the conversation
    Currently: A lot of results are in the "main" pane,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. a-z search

The search feature in the A-Z Contacts section of Calls does not work. I have tried typing in partial names, complete names that are exact matches of existing contacts, and phone numbers of existing contacts... but when I hit enter after typing in that field, my list of contacts is not narrowed down.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. improved search functions.

searching channel specific wiki and file contents for key words does not appear to be implemented. An advanced search dialogue would be appreciated.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.