Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Regarding user search for Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams でのユーザー検索について
    Regarding user search for Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams の機能の調整で、姓名での検索ができなくなっている。
    日本語でユーザー名を登録している場合、苗字の 2 文字で検索することも多いため、姓名での検索ができるように調整の緩和をしてほしい。​
    Currently searching by full name has become impossible due to adjustments to Microsoft Teams features.
    If the username was registered in Japanese, it is common to search using 2 characters of a surname, so we hope that the adjustments can be changed to make it possible to search by full name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Search inside Channel

Currently the search feature is searching the whole company feature. it would be great if we can search inside channel or person chat

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want the ability to list and select the accounts I belong to when adding an account in a chat with Teams

I want the ability to list and select the accounts I belong to when adding an account in a chat with Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. About the user search for us to start a new group

I have added users from chat, and when group chat, I feel the inconvenience of "more than 3 characters" when searching for a user.

I would like to see better search conditions, such as forward matching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see search results in a semi-structure format

Categorize and organize the search results by rank, chats, channels, teams, sharepoint destinations.

This implies that the search goes across all those vectors.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. autoriser le classement par ordre alphabétique des membre dans une équipe

permettre de classer les membres d'une équipe par ordre alphabétique par exemple.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. autoriser le classement par ordre alphabétique des canaux

permettre de classer les canaux d'une équipe par ordre alphabétique par exemple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep Up

I just want to goose this topic a little bit. I see it is in the "working on it" stage.

Seriously? no search? none? This product was released without being able to use CTRL+F? Are you all soft? It's one thing to release a Microsoft version of some other popular communication system like slack or discord, but that isn't any kind of an excuse to do such a bad job. Just use Slack or Discord, and think hmmm, how can I do the same thing on this program people will pay too much money for. It's not that hard, everybody…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement a feature that disables user search between students in EDU tenant

I would like you to implement a feature that disables user search between students in EDU tenant.
    Also, it would be great if we could customize the search functionality such as enable or disable searching for teachers by students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow the search bar to function like OneNote.

So many posts, so hard to find. YES you can save them, but not as functional. People are very used to the onenote search function where it brings up every time a "Healthcare" has been mentioned. Missing this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display all assignments

When a student attempts to view their assignments they should be able to view all of them. Due to the fact that they are separate the student could have a lot of classes meaning they may have to go through each one individually. So there should be a list of all assignments starting with the one that's due first

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to message to self

Its is better to have self messaging facility to learn better about teams and to be sure whether message looks better in teams before sending to some important person.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We want to be able to use department names and furigana for searching users in Microsoft Teams search

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 内の検索にて、部署名やフリガナを利用したユーザー検索をできるようにしたい
    We want to be able to use department names and furigana for searching users in Microsoft Teams search

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を利用していますが、検索ボックスにユーザーの部署名やフリガナを入れても、該当のユーザーが検索結果に表示されません。
    Skype for Business ではユーザーの部署名やフリガナを入れた場合にユーザー検索が可能であったため、同様の機能を Microsoft Teams でも実装希望です。​
    We are using Microsoft Teams, but even if we enter the user's department name and furigana, that user does not get displayed in the search results.
    As user search can be done in Skype for Business even when the user's department name and furigana is used, we hope that the same feature can be implemented in Microsoft Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all channels when selecting Team from search results

I have hundreds of teams each with multiple channels. I will search for teams by name. Selecting the team takes me to the General channel, but there is no easy way to get to the other channels from there. I have to click on the team icon, click on the settings, go to the Channels tab, and then I can pick the channel I want.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to search the section you are in instead of the whole application. (Same goes for SharePoint)

Right now when you search Teams or SharePoint, you search the entire thing. I do realize there is a filtering section, but it is very inefficient and time consuming. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Specify a team to see the contributor’s details for the message we received in a certain period

It would be great if we could specify a team to see the message contributor’s details for the message we received in a certain period. This function would be helpful to see who and when the message was posted if there are many team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We hope a feature will be implemented to limit the security/compliance center contents search to users outside the organisation

■Title(件名):
    セキュリティ / コンプライアンスセンターのコンテンツ検索で組織外のユーザーに限定して検索する機能の実装を希望します
    We hope a feature will be implemented to limit the security/compliance center contents search to users outside the organisation

■Description(内容):
    現在のコンテンツ検索では、Microsoft Teamsのチャットログの中で取得できるデータが組織内ユーザーと外部ユーザーが混在している。複数データを確認するのは労力がかかるため、組織内ユーザーを除外し、外部ユーザーとの履歴のみ取得できる機能の実装を希望します。
    For the current content search feature, data that can be retrieved from Microsoft Teams chat logs includes data from both users inside and outside the organisation. Checking multiple data can be labor-intensive, so we hope a feature will be implemented to exclude users in the organization and only retrieve history with external users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Block searching guest users in Teams

When you search the existing guest users to add members in Teams app, they are shown as the suggestion currently. We have concern with this behavior from a security perspective, so it would be great to add a feature to block searching guest users when adding members in Teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want you to be able to search the contents of the meeting memo of Teams meeting by content search.

I want you to be able to search the contents of the meeting memo of Teams meeting by content search

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to be able to search the White board of the Teams meeting by content search.

I want to be able to search the White board of the Teams meeting by content search

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base